My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• usualusername
  • mouthy
    mouthy

I am too stupid to understand all that has been going on about that other site!!

All I know is Lee.... where ever you are you will be a GOD SEND!!! to who ever listens to you.
    I remember you as the sign language delieverer at all the big assemblies!When we were JW's
    You helped the deaf!
    then as a one of the moderators on here>You helped many!!!
    May the LORD continue to use you ...You are blessed by being one of HIS tools

God Go With you.

Mouthy! Grace LEE

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Lady Lee was an excellent moderator and I wish her all the best in her new position.

With regard to the big flap recently: I didn't know much about what was going on and who was involved. But, when I saw the word "Facebook", I became worried. I would not have joined anyway, because I just want to get on with my life at this point. It is enough that I post on here now and then.

Thank you Simon for keeping this forum a decent place where people can have civil discussions and feel secure.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Lady Lee you have helped me so very much, I just want you to know that. Your help when I was so down was tremendous you understanding of abuse was and is spot on. Thank you.

I truly hope the very best for you.

LITS

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Lady Lee,

I, along with a host of others, am sad to see you leave this forum. I hope you mean as a modeator and not as a contributor.

Yes, I am among the silent majority who usually stays out of the debates and criticisms which take place on JWN. Back when my husband TotallyADD was an elder I would make comments to him about things I would observe in the congregation. He would remind me that there were two sides to every story. Of course that always meant to let the elders handle things. Nevertheless, I think that it is still good advice to sit back and listen to both sides before making any judgments. After learning "the truth about the truth" I have seen the dark side of the Watchtower; not to mention my own personal experiences and observations. Therefore I am happy to do my part to help anyone escape the clutches of that destructive cult.

Reopened Mind

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Steve2 brought up some interesting points which moved me to take another look at Lee's message. This is what I saw:

"...To those of you who have sat silently and watched and read over the last few weeks I hope you can look into your conscience and say you did the right thing..."

...I will not participate in discussion here about my resignation as a moderator at JWN...

...To [remain silent] would make us complicit in the abuse. Abusers want one thing from people and one thing only - our silence. To them our silence means they are right or they have scared you so much that you are afraid of them...

...When issues arise, rather than take a stand we can in effect say, “I’ll just sit this one out; others may be affected—even hurt—but I am not...

...I can no longer remain silent...

...Some of you have wondered about my silence regarding AAWA...

...I will not further address this issue here...

Lee seems confused.

Her silence is good, but she will not remain silent because that would be wrong, and there will be no more discussion of the issue.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Lady Lee said goodbye, and Simon said thank u and good luck.

The only thing that struck me as odd, is using the forum to announce her resignation to Simon. I thought he would have been 1st to know.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

So why do you keep talking about it, wha happened?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

maybe I should have said, Wha Happened?

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I think its a shame that the ex-JW community seems to turn cannibalistic. Such a small thing unites us all, and Londo said it best. This is a stopping ground for people on their path to somewhere else. Maybe that is what Simon intended all along.

I do weep that some of the most atune and brightest have to choose "sides" in any situation. I don't even really know the scenario, and I don't think I need to.

Usually there is common ground and leeway to settle, but it all depends on the people involved.

Lady Lee thank you for your contribution to the board that has helped me personally so much, even though you and I have never interacted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit