My Final Goodbye

by Lady Lee 216 Replies latest forum announcements

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I am sad to read that Lee has left us, grateful for her input which has helped me in the past, and want to wish her well for the future. Take care Lee.

Loz x

• mind blown
    mind blown

Simon, despite these challenges you put your big boy pants on and acted accordingly.... taking the higher road

It IS what it is. So be it.

• free @ last
    free @ last

Thanks for clarifying that Simon.

• james_woods
    james_woods
    Instead Lady Lee posted publicly that it was locked because Cedars had asked her to lock it, and then locked it again.

Aside from the administrative issues (which Simon has made completely clear and understandable) - two points come to mind for me:

1) - because the Lady Lee resignation from JWN was made transparent and public, we have the reasons and facts on record. This is quite unlike the resignation of Barbara Anderson from the AAWA board - which is shrouded in mystery, with Anderson still seemingly being a "supporter" of AAWA.

2) - Once again, we get a strong hint that the AAWA organization is really a Cedars autocracy - as the above quote shows: "Cedars asked her to lock it". So much for it not being a dictatorship, with the board deciding everything. This has been proven true several times in the past on key issues.

It is ironic that Lady Lee and Barbara Anderson COULD have been the two best known and best respected AAWA anchors and founders - but that now both have become points of question and contraversy rather than foundation stones. This is typical of the continuing disorder with AAWA.

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

Best wishes to you Lady Lee. I have always appreciated the information and the time you spent putting it out on the site. I also enjoyed reading your book and you have been through a lot during your life time. You have helped many downtrodden and given them the much need help. It has been greatly appreciated and I wish you health and happiness and hope to see you around from time to time.

• Kallam
    Kallam

I think this may be the nicest poison-pen letter disguised as a good-bye that I have ever read.

• Las Malvinas son Argentinas
    Las Malvinas son Argentinas

Unfortunately that wouldn't be the first time cedars has tried to lock down threads and give moderators strongly worded advice. His 'Patterson' article thread is a perfect example of that. The point had been made by several posters that the WTS wasn't likely to physically lose the Patterson facility to the Contis as cedars had claimed in bold terms in his article, as well as not necessarily being a sign they (WTS) simply didn't have the ready cash, but was rather a legal move to avoid paying them a lump sum of cash before the appeal process was completed. cedars interpreted this as an attack upon him and the Contis. What was particularly shameful was that he posted not one, but TWO letters from the Contis urging people to stop 'attacking' cedars, and how reading these 'attacks' on cedars was making them very upset. You can find these exchanges here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/240181/10/Patterson-on-the-line-Watchtower-claims-that-paying-cash-bond-would-cause-e2809cimmediate-irreparable-harm-and-hardshipe2809d

and here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/child-abuse/240181/15/Patterson-on-the-line-Watchtower-claims-that-paying-cash-bond-would-cause-e2809cimmediate-irreparable-harm-and-hardshipe2809d

He showed no hesitation in using the Conti's suffering as a way to stop what he felt were attacks against him on the thread. He also strongly suggested that the site owner was not properly moderating the forum by not having any mod in different times zones other than US/Canada to allow for 24 hour moderation.

The position cedars put LL in with the AAWA thread was along the same lines. He'd always go to great lengths to shut down discussion that was adverse to his position, and not surprisingly, is the same way the AAWA is run.

Interestingly enough, there are plans for a forum at the AAWA.

http://aawa.co/blog/a-new-name-and-an-apology/#comment-15

I don't even have to imagine how many 'inappropriate comments' are removed, users deleted, and threads will be locked there. At least cedars probably wont feel compelled to use the Contis suffering as a way to dominate a discussion there. There will be a convenient button for him to push, which is exactly how he wants it.

• Kallam
    Kallam

I'm not even fully convinced that "Cedars" is not a massive hoax persona. He reminds me very much of a poster called YouKnow back in the day on this forum. Different content, but the style of arrogance and sheer disbelief that everyone wouldn't immediately line up behind them was the same

• Tylinbrando
    Tylinbrando

Kallam, on another thread you posted:

I've run into Cedars in the past and none of this surprises me at all.

Now here you post:

I'm not even fully convinced that "Cedars" is not a massive hoax persona.

You also seem to be a re registered JWN user?:

He reminds me very much of a poster called YouKnow back in the day on this forum.

LL's goodbye letter has been analyzed by people with an agenda. In no way was any of it poison as you suggest.

nicest poison-pen letter disguised as a good-bye

• Kallam
    Kallam

Do you have an actual question? Or are we just cutting and pasting sentences.

Adding to this as you edited your post.

If you read Lady Lee's letter carefully, she does a great job of disparaging the site as well as the people remaining here while giving the appearance of being very polite and loving. If this is accidental then she is some type of emotional Rain Man however I think it is fairly obvious she felt slighted and felt the need to pick her side absolutely.

I think it's amazing that Simon even had to tell Lady Lee that her locking a thread at the request of Cedars would be terrible optics. This type of behaviour does not speak well of the professionalism of the "board" over at WAWA or whatever they're calling themselves these days.

When informed of her conflict of interest, instead of apologizing, she posts a long letter to the forum about quitting before even speaking to SImon. This would be the equivalent of quitting your job at work by leaving everyone in the company a voicemail before even telling Management. I've dealt with similar types of issues at work before, and it is always a way of "control" by the person exiting.

If these are the "executives" over at AWAH, the Watchtower has nothing to fear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit