BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.....let's rebuild!

by Terry 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I do not think that targeting the Watchtower Head office will do much.

The rank and file will never even know about it.

The rank and file needs to be the target however, they will not listen to anything outside of the WT.

There needs to be a way to reach those rank and file JWs with something controversial that reveals

some truly insidious truths about the WTS.

Divide and conquer.

It also needs to be biblically accurate.

The rank and file will be indifferent otherwise.

So is there anything biblical that promises to cause a controversy which is guaranteed to divide the rank and file?

Yes:

Luke 12:49-53

"I came to start a fire on the earth, and what more is there for me to wish if it has already been lighted? 50 Indeed, I have a baptism with which to be baptized, and how I am being distressed until it is finished! 51 Do YOU imagine I came to give peace on the earth? No, indeed, I tell YOU, but rather division. 52 For from now on there will be five in one house divided, three against two and two against three. 53 They will be divided, father against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against [her] mother, mother-in-law against [her] daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against [her] mother-in-law."

If you really want to; "light the fire", then it HAS to be about Jesus Christ's baptism!

abe

• myelaine
    myelaine

From thence I went to another place, towards the west, unto the extremities of the earth. Where I beheld a fire blazing and running along without cessation, which intermitted in course neither by day nor by night; but continued always the same. I inquired saying, "What is this, which never ceases?" Then Raguel, one of the holy angels who were with me, answered, and said, "This blazing fire, which thou beholdest running towards the west, it that of all the luminaries of heaven." 1 enoch 23:1-5

love michelle

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

what about targeting ONE kingdom hall?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

A mass mailing might get some attention, esp if everyone CC's it to the local congregation and a local media outlet (and perhaps the NY Times). That totals 4 letters @ 45c each: $2.00. Assuming the subject is shunning, explain to the local media how it destroys families in the community. Indicate on the letter to the media organization that they can contact the local congregation about the nationwide/worldwide effort to expose the injustice. Again, anonymous letters are not highly regarded by members of the media.

Doc

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I quite agree with this and it could become reality.

Right now there are thousands of Witnesses struggling against the Watchtower in thousands of different ways.

The impact is minimal.

If a group could be set up that reflected what ex-Witnesses actually need to recover and scale to their own level of involvement.

Rather than requesting for donations to the organization, specific fundraising drives could be set up for specific goals through online programs such as kickstarter or indiegogo.

Imagine a real legal formletter that Witnesses could download to avoid attending a Judicial Committee. I would donate to support such an effort.

What about feedback from those that protested assemblies and memorials (not my personal cup of tea) what if successful messages were shared and standardized so that every Witness saw the same signs across the nation?

A listing of doctors and psychiatrists that are familiar with cult abuse and recovery.

Letter writing campaigns to local political representatives highlighting coverups and abuse.

The potential is there to provide actual support to those suffering as well as those who wish to raise awareness in an organized fashion.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    From thence I went to another place, towards the west, unto the extremities of the earth. Where I beheld a fire blazing and running along without cessation, which intermitted in course neither by day nor by night; but continued always the same. I inquired saying, "What is this, which never ceases?" Then Raguel, one of the holy angels who were with me, answered, and said, "This blazing fire, which thou beholdest running towards the west, it that of all the luminaries of heaven." 1 enoch 23:1-5

a fire blazing and running along without cessation

Yep, it is all about the fire that cannot be put out! -- Its about Jesus Christs baptism!

Matthew 3:11-12

That one will baptize YOU people with holy spirit and with fire. 12 His winnowing shovel is in his hand, and he will completely clean up his threshing floor, and will gather his wheat into the storehouse, but the chaff he will burn up with fire that cannot be put out."

Isaiah 34:8-10

8 For Jehovah has a day of vengeance, a year of retributions for the legal case over Zion.9 And her torrents must be changed into pitch, and her dust into sulphur; and her land must become as burning pitch. 10 By night or by day it will not be extinguished; to time indefinite its smoke will keep ascending.

Isaiah 66:24

24 "And they will actually go forth and look upon the carcasses of the men that were transgressing against me; for the very worms upon them will not die and their fire itself will not be extinguished, and they must become something repulsive to all flesh."

Jeremiah 7:19-20

19 ‘Is it I whom they are offending?’ is the utterance of Jehovah. ‘Is it not they themselves, for the purpose of shame to their faces?’ 20 Therefore this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘Look! My anger and my rage are being poured forth upon this place, upon mankind and upon domestic animal, and upon the tree of the field and upon the fruitage of the ground; and it must burn, and it will not be extinguished.

Ezekiel 20:47-48

This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said: "Here I am setting a fire ablaze against you, and it must devour in you every still-moist tree and every dry tree. The kindling flame will not be extinguished, and by it all faces must be scorched from [the] south to the north. 48 And all those of flesh must see that I myself, Jehovah, have set it afire, so that it will not be extinguished."’"

Revelation 19:1-3

19 After these things I heard what was as a loud voice of a great crowd in heaven. They said: "Praise Jah, YOU people! The salvation and the glory and the power belong to our God, 2 because his judgments are true and righteous. For he has executed judgment upon the great harlot who corrupted the earth with her fornication, and he has avenged the blood of his slaves at her hand." 3 And right away for the second time they said: "Praise Jah, YOU people! And the smoke from her goes on ascending forever and ever."

It is all about Jesus Christs Baptism and the audacity of those reprehensible men who had the presumption to re-invent it so they might get veneration for themselves!

Yes, it is about the governing body of Jehovah's Witnesses!

abe

• talesin
    talesin

Terry,

I see now, the 'flavour' of what you are saying ... and stick to the feeling that organizing ex-JWs into a cohesive protest group would be like herding cats.

The 'letter' suggestion is a good one. It is one I already made a while back (not publicly, but in a PM to a certain person), but I think the better target would be major newspapers or outlets ------------ 60 Minutes? The Washington or Huffington Post? The Guardian has already proven favorable.

I have done my own activism ........ you can find one act in old threads here on JWN, and yes, we got on the local evening news! < removed because of personal details which may identify me > ... so, yes I am willing to perform my own acts of rebellion.

Using this forum as a place to brainstorm is a good idea ..... information can be exchanged, as one poster did - make a flyer we can all copy, stuff like this I am on board with. But actual organizing? Actually making a formal name and group? Hmm, not so much. There will always be controllers and glory hounds when groups are organized. And as you said, it's hard to come to a consensus of which actions to take, and how, when all members of the group are equal. lol, trust me, I know from other groups I have been involved with (not to do with exJWs) who are run on a group consensus basis.

There are members of this forum who do endless hours of research, who are movers and shakers that don't look for praise and recognition. You never know who is reading the suggestions, and for lack of a better term, I will say that 'brainstorming' is a great idea for us to do as a group.

Nicely done, and I applaud your positivity in the wake of recent events.

tal

• Terry
    Terry

Thanks, Talesin, the more positive our focus the more effective we become at getting some momentum behind

a strong message to the WTSociety they are accountable to somebody for excesses.

When we don't stay busy, active, focused and united for a single purpose it is so easy to fall into the griping and name-calling.

Not out of mean-spiritedness as much as disappointment and anger at perceived incompetence in delivering the goods.

We can do it ourselves if we set our heart on it and once done it will motivate more and more acts of vigilante indignation.

We just need to get our heads in the same space.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

as one poster did - make a flyer we can all copy

Jehovah's Witnesses and Satan's lie!

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    as one poster did - make a flyer we can all copy

Jehovah's Witnesses Knocking

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit