BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.....let's rebuild!

by Terry 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Terry
    Terry

Okay we've all beat our chest, lamented and throttled the dead horse of AAWA.

TIME TO MOVE ON!

I suggest those of us on J-W.n who care about creating something the right way TAKE THE TROUBLE to get the framework going.

Let's do the grunt work and get the nattering, debates, naming and organizing ALREADY pre-approved so that "others" who have the talent, ability, motivation and resources can move in and turn the key!

Why?

Because it WAS NOT DONE before.

There is more wisdom on this discussion board in our vast numbers than there could possibly be in a virtual boardroom with 8 people brain-storming.

That isn't an insult--it is just a statistical fact!

Let's start by eliminating the errors of organizing.

I'll throw out suggestions, you throw out suggestions.

We all tug at the loose ends.

We get a consensus.

We INVITE CRITICISM so that the framework and the focus of group energy is not diffused with bickering, ineptitude and negligence.

Step 1 All ideas welcome

1. I am NOT in charge. Nobody is in charge. We all just toss out ideas.

2.We decide what it is we do NOT want to do and how we do NOT want to do it.

3.We decide what it is we DO want to do and how we DO want to do it.

4. We do NOT compile membership lists. Nobody is known who wants to remain anonymous!

Step 2 Agreement

1.We EX-JW's are gun shy. People in authority messed us over. We have a right to be suspicious, ornery and difficult. But, we have to learn to work together in order to actually DO SOMETHING besides say we are going to DO something.

2.No money shall be raised! This is strictly every-man-for-himself when it comes to spending projects! You do what you can and it is nobody's business how you spend YOUR OWN money. If you don't have any to spend it is nobody's business that you DON'T spend.

3.When we come up with (or don't) a great idea--we take a survey and a vote. THEN--we argue the merits of it and vote AGAIN!

4.We are like a Class Action suit--it is the magnitude of our protest that makes us empowered--the more of us who AGREE that something is going to be done the more our numbers make the impact formidable. Let us set a goal for the first month of at least a THOUSAND activists, members, vigilantes or whatever the hell we decide we are going to be.

Step 3 FORMAL NAME

1. The AAWA's first problem was not asking ALL THE EX-JW'S to argue and debate and vote on a common name. The chief protest was that the acronym didn't mean anything unambiguous AND was negative. So, we don't make that mistake. There are some great minds here on J-W.n. Let's us them!

2. I personally prefer a SLOGAN that would make a great T-shirt. Something such as "ASK ME what is TTATT?" Something catchy stimulating curiousity.

3. Once we achieve a consensus on the formal NAME of the group we have one more round of carping, criticism and then a VOTE.

Step 4 ACTIVATE!

1. A list of DO-able acts of protest, publicity, public debate, letter writing campaigns, organized leaflet distribution, press-releases and other stragies

can be written into the boiler-plate.

2.Identify methods of pulling in similar groups or organizations without compromising the core elements of EX-JW-dom. To wit: we don't diffuse the identity of people harmed by false religious oppression. We stay "pure" to undermining the suppressions of JW authority. We do not target members per se.

3.Each and every month we will have some TARGET to achieve we ALL can work toward achieving. A campaign with a purpose will demonstrate to us and to others what is workable, what is possible and what is achievable.

Now, I stop right here.

I'm just one person who has sat here the last number of days shaking my head at the terrible and depressing MESS that could have been something wonderful and powerful and effective in ENGAGING THE WATCHTOWER LEADERSHIP with an awesome force of VICTIMS WHO WON'T STAY SILENT!

(VWWSS)?

Do you like this idea of creating something grassroots? Should we build a structure that others can flesh out into a real mainstream movement?

Do you just want to sit back down and moan and complain instead? That's okay. Your voice is important too!

It is easier to say what is WRONG with something than to create something that is right. But--please SAY SOMETHING and DO SOMETHING even if it means you drive the rest of us insane with your nitpicking. Okay?

I TURN IT OVER TO THE GROUP.

Let's have some feedback!

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

bookmarking will be back on latter

• Terry
    Terry

This will generate positive participation or will be shot down with alarming speed.

At least we will see what all of us still have a stomach for doing (or not doing.)

A bad FALSE START may have poisoned the enthusiasm of a large number of people--but, I hope we see

it for what it really was. Beau Geste: a noble or beautiful gesture.

Failure is only a waste when we learn nothing from it.

Only those who actually try to DO SOMETHING can fail.

How many are left who want do do something?

We shall soon see........

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I like the shirt with "Ask me what does TTATT mean?" idea

• Watchtower-Free
  • talesin
    talesin

Terry, I didn't read the entire OP. With due respect, I have to say this.

you said:

TIME TO MOVE ON!

No, we canNOT move on until AAWA corrects its error - ONE THOUSAND people were force-added to the group. AAWA is denying culpability, and also, has NOT taken that group out of existence .............. 1,000 exJWs at risk. This is, at the least, irresponsible.

Until AAWA acknowledges its errors, and corrects this situation, I will not 'move on'.

xo

tal

• talesin
    talesin

Also, I will appeal to your logic.

A lot of time was spent on the video. A lot of work was put into the logo, and the page selling Tee shirts and ball caps to raise money. Very little work was put into ensuring their facebook group was secure.

People have been 'outed' because of this lapse in security.

Do you really believe we should 'move on', while AAWA refuses to correct this serious error?

t

• Mum
    Mum

talesin: I don't quite understand your reasoning. It's like you're saying Wal-Mart can't built a store until K-Mart makes their store all that it can be. Am I missing something? Please clarify.

There can be as many apostate groups as there are churches in Christendom as far as I'm concerned. They all serve different kinds of people with different ways of thinking.

My goals would be:

• Inform schools about JW students. Work with guidance counselors to help them understand what JW kids may be going through.
    • Have a crisis line for JW's who need someone to talk to live. (Not sure how this would be financed.)
    • Have a presentation for "apostates" to take to churches and Sunday schools to inform church people of the real issues of becoming a JW.
    • Print brochures to pass out in neighborhoods with information and questions to ask JW's when they show up at the door.

That's a preliminary list. I'm sure there are many other ideas you guys have.

• oppostate
    oppostate

I like your thoughts on this Terry.

TTATT always looked like "pi alpha pi" to me :-)

(i.e. instead of "tau tau alpha tau tau")... TTATT.

It not only stands for "the truth about the truth"

but can also be "the truth about the Tower"

Being in the "Greeks" of the WT, the unwanted

Gentiles, those whose times have ended for the

WT.

As opposed to the JWs who see themselves as

Spiritual Hebrews and bound by the laws of their

lesser Moses Governing Body.

TTATT (pi alpha pi) sort of like PAP... could lend

itself to testing and smearing the Watchtower

Society. (Alright! that was uncalled for)

• Terry
    Terry

1. Breakfast of champions: I like the shirt with "Ask me what does TTATT mean?" idea

2. Talesin: No, we canNOT move on until AAWA corrects its error - ONE THOUSAND people were force-added to the group. AAWA is denying culpability, and also, has NOT taken that group out of existence .............. 1,000 exJWs at risk. This is, at the least, irresponsible.

3.Oppostate: TTATT (pi alpha pi) sort of like PAP... could lend

itself to testing and smearing the Watchtower

Society. (Alright! that was uncalled for)

__________________________________________________RESPONSE______________________________________________

1. Thanks. It is catchy and we've all been using that for awhile. We'll see what the others say.

2. I agree that AAWA has to address damages. But, when I said "Time to Move on" I mean the rest of us who want to get something going.

This is not intended to be MORE OF THE SAME as AAWA. It is a "fresh" start while looking at the corpse of the dead horse.

Hurt feelings from being outed and hurt feelings from being ignored can never be dismissed. I acknowledge and support full transparency.

3. A clever mind with clever ideas is a genuine asset to any coalition we get started here. I appreciate your input.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Whatever the rest of you are thinking, feeling or wondering: LET US KNOW!!

PLEASE READ THE OPENING PARAGRAPH. Okay?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit