BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.....let's rebuild!

by Terry 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

I liked the acronym that was on another thread W.A.R.N. (Watchtower Abuse Recovery network)

It's straight to the point that we want to warn others about whats going on that they may not be aware of until its too late.

Also the recovery part of it sounds good to me also.

Who doesn't want to recover from something?

Edited to add: And as far as tee-shirts with slogans or such on them....imagine a tee-shirt with W.A.R.N. in big letters. It would get my attention because I'd be thinking what are they warning against?

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

...for as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be...for wherever the carcass is, there

the eagles will be gathered together...

Yep!

abe

Ezekiel 43:7-9

"Son of man, [this is] the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I shall reside in the midst of the sons of Israel to time indefinite; and no more will they, the house of Israel, defile my holy name, they and their kings, by their fornication and by the carcasses of their kings at their death, 8 by their putting their threshold with my threshold and their doorpost beside my doorpost, with the wall between me and them. And they defiled my holy name by their detestable things that they did, so that I went exterminating them in my anger. 9 Now let them remove their fornication and the carcasses of their kings far from me, and I shall certainly reside in the midst of them to time indefinite.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    A coalition of the like-minded with an activist mindset armed with great ideas can make a HUGE DENT in the ignorance of the rank and file

Yep!

2 Corinthians 13:11

11 Finally, brothers, continue to rejoice, to be readjusted, to be comforted, to think in agreement, to live peaceably; and the God of love and of peace will be with YOU.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

gone for good,

Millions Now Living Will Never Die --- they positively will not die.

abe

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I liked the acronym that was on another thread W.A.R.N. (Watchtower Abuse Recovery network)

I too think that was an excellent suggestion.

• designs
    designs

How are existing xJW forums doing. I notice there are a few on Facebook. Physically demonstrating at a Convention or KH is a bit risky in terms of how you are perceived by a JW. For most of the 70s 80s and 90s when I saw demonstrators at the conventions it was xJWs who had become Evangelicals and that presents a road block to most JWs. Scientists and philosophers rarely demonstrate in such a manner, they like lectures and writing books.

A JW in contemplating 'what's next after I leave' is overwhelmed and they do need support. JWN fills an important need. Local get togethers fill an important need and we need more of them in our locales.

This summer's District Conventions will open a few more eyes and this current FDS doctrine will open a few more minds and we will have opportunites to be there for our former associates and show them what's next.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My own personal thought... NO.

I have long felt the desire to actually DO something real, something meaningful in the 'fight', so i do understand the urge to unite, to collectivly battle the WT. I once thought of doing several things publicly myself. Then i realized i did not have credibility. I was not prepared to put my name and face to my message at that time (nor am i now but for far different reasons than back then) and felt that my journey from the WT was not noble either. (by noble i mean learning TTATT and escaping as opposed to getting DF for adultery then learning TTATT)

As i watched the AAWA fiasco unfold two things became apparent to my mind...1) they had no credibility just as i have none and, 2) just because the desire is there to do something doesn't mean one should.

In my short time here, i have seen all the good websites, read all the good blogs, watched many youtubes and read many accounts of peoples lives. I have been amazed at the battles being waged by a variety of people, all in their own way and methods and the WT having to take notice, of courts of the land/s hearing the things the WT wants kept secret.

I do not see any good in 'organization' of anything in this regard. Why is there a need to unite efforts?

The Watchtower will not be brought to its knees by activists, it will not change because a band of 10,000 former members take action. It is the Watchtower, no different to any other crappy religion/ corporation. What will and is hurting the Watchtower is the public learning about them. What will hurt and is happening is them losing their youth. They dont need us to do that, they are doing that by themselves. For that matter, governments are starting to do a pretty good job of seeing the dirty WT laundry too, thanks to who? Privateers, not some united front.

Do those exiting need support? Yes indeed they do, just as i needed it these past 3 years.

And where did i find it? Right here, on an open forum of thousands of people with thousands of ideas, journeys and personalities. And probably thousands of agenda's as well. And this site is a portal to dozens of other sites that have proved helpful in their chosen endeavors. Do all these websites need to be organized? Do all the different private efforts need to be organized? To be discussed for their own merits before they do something?

Personally i don't think so. As one poster has suggested, school counsellors need to be told about the WT. Yes they do, and mind you, those at my daughters school are under no illusions about the JWs thankyou to me, but does there need to be an organized information drive? Does anything need to be 'organized'? ''Beware of organization''!

Personally i just think more good will be done, is already being done, by many many people without any co-ordination by anyone at all.

This brings my thinking back to credibility and purpose...

Yes, some sort of organization may be credible (AAWA didn't have it to lose in the first place) but purpose? Just because something can be done, does not mean it should be done. What ever gets proposed or done I hope will be done well...

And I am sure something will be organized because there are plenty of people just itching to do something. Anyway Terry, like you say. discuss, and this is just one persons thought, I am not moaning and winging.

I am not sitting here moaning and complaining, and i hope I dont get lumped into the "wingers who do nothing'' camp, because i am neither. I am doing stuff my way in my time and nobody here knows even 1/1oth of what it is. It is not big, it is not public and the watchtower wont lose any sleep over it either, but it will do some good for some. It does not need a group to vett it, nor decide what should be said nor to whom it should be directed.

I am wary, (and surely others are as well) even sceptical of plans to 'bring down the WT', plans to do this or that. Lots of examples on here of people making great noises about the surprising thing they are about to do, how in one year the WT will fall etc etc. Much trumpeting by AAWA and a characture of what it will accomplish

so to those who will, please be careful

Well, thats my 10c worth, for what it is worth.

Oz

• Terry
    Terry

I think it is very refreshing to "flush out" the various opinions we have on J.W.-net because the amazing thing is this: WE NO LONGER AGREE ON EVERYTHING!

Once we were in lockstep. We marched to the orders of the GB. We all thought alike and claimed the same "truths".

Now--we are INDIVIDUALS and can think for ourselves.

Is it any wonder so many of us have a gutwrench pullback from the very idea of an "organized" group leading this or that?

Perfectly understandable!

I had a dream last night. (No, I'm not MLK).

All the ex-JW's in the world started sending letters on the same day of each week to JW headquarters.

That would be approximately 700,000 letters arriving at approximately the same time!

How many bags of mail would that be?

Where would they put them?

How would they handle it?

Would it make the news?

You bet it would--if the news outlets were tipped off ahead of time.

I actually dreamed that.

The message in those letters would not have to be identical. It could merely be a UNITED effort to put the Watchtower leadership on notice that former members

are SICK OF BEING TOLD WE CAN'T SPEAK TO OUR FAMILY, FRIENDS and fellow seekers of truth.

We could DEMAND they change their policy or the letters would continue for as long as it takes!

Now is this silly or is there a genuine IMPACT it might have? (We expect nothing--but we know that we've been heard).

I really don't know. They can't very well just throw those bags of letters in the trash without hand-sorting them from regular mail, now could they??:)

But, this sort of....ummm...call it STRATEGY.....could be used through co-ordinated solidarity by a network of like-minded activists.

What do you say?

• oppostate
    oppostate

What do you say?

Terry, the idea of a concerted effort to mail bomb Bethel is good.

It would work out to the advantage of the senders to forward the letters to individuals in the Branches and not just to some department or group, like the Governing Body.

It is more likely, that a Bethelite will open up a letter, realize what kind of a letter it is and yet... intrigued by curiosity read it and be exposed to TTATT.

In order for this to work out well we'd need lists of names or positions in Bethel.

Another idea that may help is sending some of the mail using the type of envelopes that are used for DF/DA forms for the Society, that is those lightblue-greenish envelopes. They get special treatment and aren't opened by your R&F bethelite.

• tornapart
    tornapart

Whatever you do... DON'T put it on Facebook!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit