BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.....let's rebuild!

by Terry 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Terry
    Terry

DESIROUSof CHANGE says: I think the idea of informing school counselors is EXCELLENT!

Young people have the most to lose. Look how many here complain about "waking up" in mid-life or later with all or most of their lives wasted. So, yes, definitely help those who deal with kids on a daily basis become educated about the issue.

Financing? Build it and they will come. I suspect may will be glad to contribute a few bucks (a means of doing so anonymously must be available).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I agree that helping JW kids avoid the awful crucible of misunderstanding at school is vital.

I personally prefer we keep money and contributions TOTALLY OUT OF IT.

But, I'm not running this.

Please read my opening paragraph...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Zed I wish you well. Will we get to hear about it when you implement the idea?

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

Terry this is promising.

What has made JWN so successful is we can be anonymous (the vast majority are) and that nothing is required of us (apart from the mods!). We give freely when we want and are able.

We have a collective intelligence for smelling out the bullsh1t lies of the WBTS. TTATT. I'm sure we can achieve more than has already been achieved.

mmxiv

• talesin
    talesin

Mum,

I don't feel that you got the 'flavour' of what I was saying.......... I think AAWA's mission is great .. but, they have made a big error, and need to correct it before they can gain any credibility. There is room for everyone who wants to fight the watchtower!

It's not Wal-Mart vs K-Mart.

It's a new store that set its prices too high. They need to slash the prices.

xo

ta;

• whathappened
    whathappened

I am going to put together a flier next week. I have Pagemaker and it is very easy to use. I will post it and anyone, I do mean anyone (including aawa) can use it. Stay turned to this station for more updates.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman
    3.We decide what it is we DO want to do and how we DO want to do it.

I recommend we do what the bible says should be done.

Ezekiel 43:7-9

"Son of man, [this is] the place of my throne and the place of the soles of my feet, where I shall reside in the midst of the sons of Israel to time indefinite; and no more will they, the house of Israel, defile my holy name, they and their kings, by their fornication and by the carcasses of their kings at their death, 8 by their putting their threshold with my threshold and their doorpost beside my doorpost, with the wall between me and them. And they defiled my holy name by their detestable things that they did, so that I went exterminating them in my anger. 9 Now let them remove their fornication and the carcasses of their kings far from me, and I shall certainly reside in the midst of them to time indefinite.

In order for that to be successfull people will have to understand the connection between the "fornicating kings" in Ezekeil and the "fornicating kings" in the Book of Revelation.

It is the very last task that Christians need to accomplish.

Keep in mind however:

Daniel 11:32-35

32 "And those who are acting wickedly against [the] covenant, he will lead into apostasy by means of smooth words. But as regards the people who are knowing their God, they will prevail and act effectively. 33 And as regards those having insight among the people, they will impart understanding to the many. And they will certainly be made to stumble by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plundering, for [some] days. 34 But when they are made to stumble they will be helped with a little help; and many will certainly join themselves to them by means of smoothness. 35 And some of those having insight will be made to stumble, in order to do a refining work because of them and to do a cleansing and to do a whitening, until the time of [the] end; because it is yet for the time appointed.

This is also where the "refining" happens.

abe

• brinjen
    brinjen

Love where Terry is going with this.

Suggestion for a name. How about The Truth About The Truth? It's common, it's really what any apostate group is about as well as what leads apostates to become... well... apostates in the first place. It's positive, it's pro-active...

Gimme a bit of time... got an idea for a possible logo. Firing up Photoshop as I type.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

An encrypted transmission was received, believed to have originated from theUADNA orbiting space platform in geosynchronous orbit over the south pole. It contained this message:

I don't understand why people are clamouring for an ORGANIZATION. That's what caused us trouble in the first place (the WTB&TS) and all over again with The House That Captain Cartoon built.

All this to print a t-shirt? Do you understand how EASY it is to create t-shirts for sale? It is easy enough that I _DID_IT_ without an organization. Rather than ask for contributions, I GAVE AWAY many of the shirts I designed. You probably still have one near the sacred space in your home.

What needs to be done that requires an ORGANIZATION, with a PRESIDENTand OFFICERS?

Please don't tell me you're going to make the BEST XJW movie EVER. I have PERSONALLY debunked that scam.

As for me, I will form NO organization and I will join NO organization.

• gone for good
    gone for good

Remember the story about the resistance / activist boy who was 'shot'/marked by the authorities, with a colorful, permanent indelible dye?

Non lethal, but they only had to wait until he finally showed himself, to be arrested and dealt-with at their liesure.

When his village realized his identity had been compromised, they did the only thing possible - they ALL DYED THEMSELVES the same color,

making it impossible to target any individual.

Too bad thousands more names weren't added to that page. A few elderettes, some pioneers, some real ass kissers, that hounding

elder and of course, a CO and GB member, would really make for a good international witch-hunt. Think of the paranoia .... ahhh damn...

The evils of facebook could have been a wonderful asset...

While I am embarrassed for those good souls who may have unwittingly contributed to a stressful situation, I am positively ASHAMED of the

abusive , selfrighteous scorn and condemnation that seems to lend purpose to some mean, small spirits among us.

I hope AAWA makes a complete recovery, and presses on with their mission to help the legions screwed over by the WTS. I am not going to burn

the barn because the roof leaked .

• Wulf
    Wulf

One thing I voiced on Terry's Hayden Covington thread which is not exactly activism but I will repeat it here, because there are people on this site with this kind of knowledge. I would love to see a scholarly, detailed and contextualised secular history of the power brokers of the WTBS, the political infighting and the resulting connections to JW doctrine. This sort of thing would one devastating way of attacking the WTBS, because they are not prepared to discuss or reveal their own (political) history. Knowledge is power, and ultimately constructing coherent narratives of the WTBS's functionings with genuine rigour would be a nightmare for them, a contribution to the history of religion and just plain interesting reading for the intellectually curious. Terry's Hayden Covington thread is a good example of where this kind of writing could go.

It would be a longterm project, obviously. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part, but I believe the potential is there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit