BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.....let's rebuild!

by Terry 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Terry I think it's great that you want to get another activist group off the ground- I am with you. Who else is with Terry I wonder?

The problem is that is takes actual W O R K and that always thins the herd down a bit...a vocal few on JWnet only seem able to whine, complain, wring their hands, decry the injustices of the world and call for public lynchings.

And that's an aweful waste of energy IMO. Let's build something people!

• Terry
    Terry

Raypublisher: The problem is that is takes actual W O R K and that always thins the herd down a bit...a vocal few on JWnet only seem able to whine, complain, wring their hands, decry the injustices of the world and call for public lynchings.

And that's an aweful waste of energy IMO.

Ray, I think there is a really GOOD reason that happens! We were kicked to the curb by people who were our religious leaders. Why should we trust anybody ever again? That Governing Body was something that we all---at one time--may well have died trying to obey!

That pretty much turns my stomach now. But, it is only natural we are disgruntled. I welcome that AS LONG AS we do something positive with that anger by CHANNELING it toward a goal of serving notice on the Watchtower Society that---suddenly and ferociously WE ARE ORGANIZED!

In numbers too great to ignore the GB can't ignore the loud voice. We are the "lost sheep" who have found their own way and we've returned to kick the incompetent shepherd in the ass!

As long as we are kept separate we are like fleas on a large dog. The GB scratches and moves on.

If we can ORGANIZE we present a VERY LOUD VOICE in answer to the usual bullshit they peddle.

It can be done. We just need to get the pain turned into gain.

Each of us here on J-W.n and similar discussion groups are very well-informed about HOW THE GB wields repressive authority.

One of the problems is that the Rank and File who are abused are NOT well-informed and they are kept isolated, ignorant and weak.

FEAR is instilled and the effect is a stifling one.

If we combine our well-informed insiders knowledge about phoney excuses, flip-flops, hush-hush polices, child endangerment issues, suppressive judical committee kangaroo courst, denials of human rights, etc. INTO A LOUD PUBLICITY CAMPAIGN to inform the public at large, the news outlets, and the inside rank and file (on the fence) members in a CAREFULLY PLANNED BLITZ it can erode the fear and hesitancy.

Let us make one of our goals that of EMPOWERING the weak and abuse JW by demonstrating a solidarity.

Just think, if APOSTATES are really not just trouble-makers...

if APOSTATES are lovingly concerned with bestowing the right to speak, the right to question and the right for JW's to use their own conscience rather than some coercive policies.......

then....maybe.....eyes will open that we are not malevolent monsters. We are activists for human freedom.

Those who love the truth should be ecstatic to actually learn THE TRUTH about the "Truth".

It all starts with us here and now forging a SINGLE VOICE loud and proud.

THE GREAT CROWD SPEAKS! It says to the Governing Body: Shut the fuck up unless you have something worthwhile to contribute!

• Terry
    Terry

Mum says: My goals would be:

• Inform schools about JW students. Work with guidance counselors to help them understand what JW kids may be going through.
    • Have a crisis line for JW's who need someone to talk to live. (Not sure how this would be financed.)
    • Have a presentation for "apostates" to take to churches and Sunday schools to inform church people of the real issues of becoming a JW.
    • Print brochures to pass out in neighborhoods with information and questions to ask JW's when they show up at the door.

Wow! I really think those are wonderful suggestions! I'm feeling good about this! Thanks, Mum!

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Until we see the outcome of AAWA, I advise against this idea, because the risk of forming a JWN "AAWA" that will be antagonic to the original AAWA will be very high. Wait till the dust settles, guys.

Eden

• Terry
    Terry

Edenone: Until we see the outcome of AAWA, I advise against this idea, because the risk of forming a JWN "AAWA" that will be antagonic to the original AAWA will be very high. Wait till the dust settles, guys.

Acknowledged! I hear you and understand.

I would only reply that the AAWA should continue whatever way they want.

There are plenty of anti-JW groups in the "marketplace" of ideas.

I'm more interested in being able to INFORM and ASSIST the abused current members and newly DF'd and lurkers.

I think the GB's hold on people's lives and minds can be loosened.

What people need is a PATH out of the Organization. They need counseling. They need support. They need methodology in dealing with Judicial committees.

The best way to defeat bad ideas is with better ideas.

• Terry
    Terry

225 hits and some really thoughtful responses.

KEEP COMMUNICATING!

Let's talk to each other.

Let's become effective.

Good Ideas are welcomed.

Please read the Opening paragraph.

• Terry
    Terry

T-shirts with one of each of the following provocative statements:

1.Jehovah's Witness leaders banned their members from having vaccinations from 1931 to 1952. Ask me why.

2.The Watchtower corporation printed 108 million copes of THE TRUTH THAT LEADS TO ETERNAL LIFE but no current Jehovah's Witness can read it.

Ask me why.

3. Who wrote the following?

"We must hate in the truest sense, which is to regard with extreme and active aversion, to consider as loathsome, odious,filthy, to detest."

Answer: (The Watchtower, 10/1 1952, p. 599)

Ask me who they were talking about!

4. Why would a mother deny her child medical attention and call it righteous?

Ask the Watchtower Society to explain their blood polices!

5. 99% of Jehovah's Witnesses are not allowed to break bread and drink wine in remembrance of Jesus sacrifice for them.

Ask me why.

More ideas needed!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

• Inform schools about JW students. Work with guidance counselors to help them understand what JW kids may be going through.
    • Have a crisis line for JW's who need someone to talk to live. (Not sure how this would be financed.)

I think the idea of informing school counselors is EXCELLENT!

Young people have the most to lose. Look how many here complain about "waking up" in mid-life or later with all or most of their lives wasted. So, yes, definitely help those who deal with kids on a daily basis become educated about the issue.

Financing? Build it and they will come. I suspect may will be glad to contribute a few bucks (a means of doing so anonymously must be available).

Doc

• Terry
    Terry

WANT A JOB ON the Watchtower Society's GOVERNING BODY?

Qualifications:

1.Promise people god selected you to speak for Him. Never mind Jesus being mediator. He's busy being invisible.

2. Exert authority and power as though it is above criticism or debate.

3.Demand loyalty to The Truth even though you keep changing that "Truth."

4. Threaten suppression, discipline, ostracism or death for failure to comply with your policies.

5. Declare people's fear of being shunned as voluntary willingness to do anything you tell them to do.

6. Teach people that their conscience is not to be trusted and replace their heartfelt feelings with organizational compliance.

7. Learn to state with a straight face : You're not going to heaven--I AM!

• zed is dead
    zed is dead

I have one plan to kick the Watchtower in the groin; yet do it on the downlow for personal reasons. This will be a rogue effort. The affect will be major.

zed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit