BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME.....let's rebuild!

by Terry 79 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fernando
    Fernando

Terry I like your consensus building framework.

We all come from an authoritarian group where consensus is anathema. Some like me can't even spell the word without help. It's like we have never learnt to walk - still babies in this area. Still no reason not to get started learning how to walk - develop this vital life and social skill.

Your GB job description is so spot on it's hard to imagine that it would have no impact on an average follower of the Watchtower Sanhedrin.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Of course the letters won't be read after the first dozen or so, Las Malvinas son Argentinas, but if they get hundreds of them on the same day it's sure to get the attention of the people who usually check the mail. Maybe it helps just one person there in the mail room to start wondering. That's worth more than a paper/stamp/envelope.

• Stealth
    Stealth

The WT is a cult.

A formal organization to expose the WT is just another cult.... an anti-WT cult.

XJWs have no desire to trade one cult for another.

Grass root efforts such as this letter writing is the way to go IMO. Anyone can get involved who wants to. We each can give of our time and resources freely, without having a corporate structure bogging things down, then abuse you when you don't follow the party line.

The power of many great minds can come together for colaberation that is just not possible with a corporate cult.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Being someone who only visits occasionally, and who is a retard who could only skim through the thread and not read it all, the essence of this post may have already been mentioned. I apologize.

The people who will involve themselves in the new endeavor, will be limited. So perhaps the best way to get the biggest bang for the buck, is to concentrate – at first – on just one single thing. Don't dilute the time and effort. Do one thing right. Use that as a template. Move to the next and expand methodically. Keep it simple.

• Terry
    Terry

As for a date we can pick their famous day coming soon:

On July 26, 1931, at a convention in Columbus, Ohio, Rutherford introduced the new name—Jehovah's witnesses

We can all send a letter on July 26, 2013

YES.S.S.S.S.SS! I love the symbolism! GREAT idea.

Remember, the idea is to get AS MANY people to write and mail the letter so that it arrives on the SAME DAY: July 26, 2013.

If a few letter arrive they will be thrown away. If truckloads and bags and bagsfull arrive---THEY CAN'T throw it all away because

the regular mail has to be sorted out!

The impact is a serving notice!

Our immediate goal is to ask everybody of like mind on JWN to buy and envelope and write whatever message and mail it on the TARGET DATE.

• Terry
    Terry

James Thomas: So perhaps the best way to get the biggest bang for the buck, is to concentrate – at first – on just one single thing . Don't dilute the time and effort. Do one thing right. Use that as a template. Move to the next and expand methodically. Keep it simple.

I agree.

Let's do this FIRST thing right and aim for massive numbers.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Put me in the 'NAY' column. I am not interested in getting involved with any 'organized' activity.

I know it is not the same, but in the past, I've started and been involved with at least 5 user groups (4 computer, and 1 CAD designer).

I also know from that experience that it takes a lot of hard work - volunteer work - to keep the groups active.

I am 'volunteered out' so to speak.

I know that you don't want to start an organization - but I think that is what you will ultimately wind up doing.

It may work for a while, especially if folks are involved that do not have jobs or are retired are able to help out.

Personally, I am like the French Underground during WWII. I come out of the shadows and strike, and then disappear back into the forests.

I have told my immediate relatives (on my wife's side) about the dangers of JWs. I have told some workmates about the dangers of JWs.

The JWs knocked on my wife's aunt's door last weekend. She answered the door to two elderly ladies who started their schpiel. She (remembering my warnings), told them that she was an athiest and didn't believe in god. They were gobsmacked and tried to talk to her anyway saying something like, "But don't you want to live forever..." or whatever. She told them again, "I'm an athiest! I don't believe in the bible!"

Stunned, they turned and left - not knowing what to say.

I didn't tell this woman what to say - she just winged it - and did very well, I think.

Getting the word out to as many people like this is going to leave the JWs with no one to 'convert' eventually.

Good Luck with your endeavor.

Count me out. (I'm not interested in going 'assembly-to-assembly' - I put in enough door-to-door to not like doing this sort of thing.)

Regards,

Jim TX

• just a reader
    just a reader

Terry I love reading your posts and I am so grateful for this website in helping me open my eyes and helping so many others. It's been a great support for me for the last 3 years. Although I don't post much, I've been helped tremenously by all the information posted and I know I could not have walked away without it.

I still have faith in the Bible and know that all mans efforts still need God's backing to truly work. I have no doubt that he approves of anyone that speaks facts here to expose the false teachings we've all been fed.

One thing that comes to mind for me is a scripture at Revelation 17: 15-17 Let's not forget God's plan to stop all false religion.

And he says to me: “The waters that you saw, where the harlot is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues. And the ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. For God put [it] into their hearts to carry out his thought, even to carry out [their] one thought by giving their kingdom to the wild beast, until the words of God will have been accomplished.

Revelation 18 goes on to describe it, I love that chapter.

• moshe
    moshe

Mostly, this is a group of talkers, not doers. JWN is populated by lot of faders, which means crying, hand wringing and taking the boot up the keester from JW family and JW friends (an oxymoron for fading JWs).

• Terry
    Terry

Jim sez : I know that you don't want to start an organization - but I think that is what you will ultimately wind up doing. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Nah, Jim, I'm too lazy and hard to get along with! I would make a rotten group leader! I do think it would be jolly fun JUST ONCE if everybody united to stick a thumb in the eye of the Watchtower headquarters! But, that could just be my ego set on boil. Dunno. Individuals who act in concert can be effective. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Moshe: Mostly, this is a group of talkers, not doers. JWN is populated by lot of faders, which means crying, hand wringing and taking the boot up the keester from JW family and JW friends (an oxymoron for fading JWs). __________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Yep, that would be me! So, this sort of vigilante activity may be my one foray into the Activist mindset:) Especially if I end up being one guy twisting slowly in the wind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit