To garyneal and Others, Evidence that the anointed remnants represented by the GB were selected in 1919.

by mankkeli 152 Replies latest jw experiences

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

"which religious leader is interested about the good news being preached worldwide at thesame level with the JW leaders?"

To which was replied:

It seems the adventist through their Media networks are converting about 2900 people a day and have about 15million members there form of preaching whether informally or via media seems to be working as are many others.

I doubt that one can view what the bible students were doing at the time (1919) as preaching worldwide in an "unprededented manner".

Even nowadays the preaching work of the JW's pales in comaprison to other denominations, simple fact is that if you go to any place in the world and ask about christianity, the JW version is NOT what you will find.

In N. America the Adventsts, along with the Mormans grow just as fast as the JW's, yet, in the US:

Largest 25 Churches (ranked by membership)

1. The Catholic Church – 67,515,016
    2. Southern Baptist Convention – 16,306,246
    3. The United Methodist Church – 7,995,456
    4. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints – 5,779,316
    5. The Church of God in Christ – 5,499,875
    6. National Baptist Convention, U.S.A., Inc. – 5,000,000
    7. Evangelical Lutheran Church in America – 4,774,203
    8. National Baptist Convention of America, Inc. – 3,500,000
    9. Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) – 3,025,740
    10. Assemblies of God – 2,836,174
    11. African Methodist Episcopal Church – 2,500,000
    12. National Missionary Baptist Convention of America – 2,500,000
    13. Progressive National Baptist Convention, Inc. – 2,500,000
    14. The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod (LCMS) – 2,417,997
    15. Episcopal Church – 2,154,572
    16. Churches of Christ – 1,639,495
    17. Greek Orthodox Archdiocese of America – 1,500,000
    18. Pentecostal Assemblies of the World, Inc. – 1,500,000
    19. The African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church – 1,443,405
    20. American Baptist Churches in the U.S.A. – 1,371,278
    21. United Church of Christ – 1,218,541
    22. Baptist Bible Fellowship International – 1,200,000
    23. Christian Churches and Churches of Christ – 1,071,616
    24. The Orthodox Church in America – 1,064,000
    25. Jehovah’s Witnesses – 1,069,530

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Wiki:

Christianity

See also: Christian population growth

Globally, The World Christian Database as of 2007 estimated the growth rate of Christianity at 1.38%. High birth rates and conversions in the Southern Hemisphere were cited as the main reasons for the increase. [ 12 ]

Pentecostalism, described by the Pew Forum on Religion and Public Life as a group of charismatic movements, [ 13 ] has grown, according to researchers, from 72 million in the 1960s to 525 million in 2000, though some have criticized these numbers as defining Pentecostalism too broadly. [ 14 ] According to a 2005 paper submitted to a meeting of the American Political Science Association, most of this growth has occurred in non-Western countries and concludes the movement is the fastest growing religion worldwide. [ 14 ]

In Vietnam, the US Department of State estimates that Protestants in Vietnam may have grown 600% over the last decade. [ 15 ] In Nigeria, the numbers of Christians has grown from 21.4% in 1953 to 48.2% in 2003. In South Africa, Pentecostalism has grown from 0.2% in 1951 to 7.6% in 2001. In South Korea, Christianity has grown from 20.7% in 1985 to 29.2% in 2005 according to the Pew Forum. [ 16 ] [ 17 ]

[edit] The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

See also: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints membership history

The records of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints show membership growth every decade since its beginning in the 1830s. Following initial growth rates that averaged 10% to 25% per year in the 1830s through 1850s, it grew at about 4% per year through the last four decades of the 19th century. After a steady slowing of growth in the first four decades of the 20th century to a rate of about 2% per year in the 1930s (the Great Depression years), growth boomed to an average of 6% per year for the decade around 1960, staying around 4% to 5% through 1990. After 1990, average annual growth again slowed steadily to a rate around 2.5% for the first decade of the 21st century, still double the world population growth rate of 1.2% for the same period.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

But IF we look at what was going on in 1919, how many people in the US, much less the world, even know about the Bible students ??

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

PSacramento - What is the quality of those church members in your compared to the quality of an average JW and their understanding of their christain theology, I doubt if the majority of those members could explain any of their church's doctrine, the majority do not even know their weekly service programs more or less any profound details about the church itself. I once had a co-worker who does not even know his current church address and yet, He claims to be a Lutheran.

• Stealth
    Stealth

The fullfillment of the 1914 prophecy was not to bring the world to an end, but for "faithful devouts to feel the presence of the lord".

Could you provide the reference as to where Russell stated this prior to 1914?

Prophecy is easy when you rewrite it after the fact!

By the way, I'm not joking. I'm devoting productive time to rescue lost souls here.

Well looks like you have been here for about 6 months, how many souls have you rescued here? I think you are really helping JW's with half of a mind to think for themselves to get out. And if you can't see that, then you are the joke.

Great job! Keep up the good work!

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

T he public press joined the clergy in vilifying God’s people, one paper saying: “The finis of TheFinishedMystery has been given.” Nothing, though, could have been further from the truth! The two witnesses did not stay dead. We read: “And after the three and a half days spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet, and great fear fell upon those beholding them. And they heard a loud voice out of heaven say to them: ‘Come on up here.’ And they went up into heaven in the cloud, and their enemies beheld them.” (Revelation 11:11, 12) Thus, they had an experience similar to that of the dry bones in the valley that Ezekiel visited in vision. Jehovah breathed upon those dry bones, and they came to life, providing a picture of the rebirth of the nation of Israel after 70 years of captivity in Babylon. (Ezekiel 37:1-14) These two prophecies, in Ezekiel and in Revelation, had their striking modern-day fulfillment in 1919, when Jehovah restored his “deceased” witnesses to vibrant life.

What a shock for those persecutors! The corpses of the two witnesses were suddenly alive and active again. It was a bitter pill for those clergymen to swallow, the more so since the Christian ministers whom they had schemed to put in prison were free again, later to be fully exonerated. The shock must have been even greater when, in September 1919, the Bible Students held a convention in Cedar Point, Ohio, U.S.A. Here J. F. Rutherford, recently released from prison, stirred conventioners with his talk “Announcing the Kingdom,” based on Revelation 15:2 and Isaiah 52:7. Those of the John class began once again to “prophesy,” or preach publicly. They advanced from strength to strength, fearlessly exposing Christendom’s hypocrisy.

Mankkeli, sorry about the fonts, I'm still getting the hang of it. You might recognize the above as an excerpt from the Revelation Climax-book, pp. 169, 170. As you can see, Rev. 11 and the two witnesses are applied to these events. As far as I know, that is current understanding. That's why I asked.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

JWS are programed to look, read and comprehend only one way, their way, thats how the organization sustains itself, that and a bit of propagating fear.

The formula for this religion is we are the only true and pure worshipers of god and his solemnly chosen earthly organization, join us and be

subservient to are directions and bible interpretations or be killed soon at Armageddon. Quite simple and effective toward the weak minded and insecure.

Thats the formula they've used for decades now, thats " their " gospel not the gospel inspired in the bible.

A little bit of espoused corruption went a long way for the WTS publishing company, retrospectively.

Maklleli does show signs of this deliberately culpable brain washing though. .....unfortunately for him.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

thetrueone - if JWs couldn't examine the facts, what would I be doing here?.

• designs
    designs

Beginning for attention

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSacramento - What is the quality of those church members in your compared to the quality of an average JW and their understanding of their christain theology, I doubt if the majority of those members could explain any of their church's doctrine, the majority do not even know their weekly service programs more or less any profound details about the church itself. I once had a co-worker who does not even know his current church address and yet, He claims to be a Lutheran.

The average JW has NO understanding of Christian theology, nor do the elders ( this I knwo for a fact).

They have a gross misunderstanding of it as taugth to them by the WT.

That the average JW CAN DISCUSS their doctrines is a far cry from them being able to explain them and where they came from.

The average church goer is content to be in His/Hers Lord's grace and to commune with their fellow believers and they try to convert no one or try to push their beliefs on others unsolicitedly.

The average JW on the other hand has NO NOTION of their own true histroy and are pushing a denomination that glorifes death and condemnation, that promotes hatred and intolerance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit