To garyneal and Others, Evidence that the anointed remnants represented by the GB were selected in 1919.

by mankkeli 152 Replies latest jw experiences

• designs
    designs

This is how Herman Cain tried to steal the White House

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

vidqun - Extract this meat from this bone. The two witnesses mentioned in REV. 11: 7 were J. F. Rutherford (then president of the Watch Tower Society) and seven associates of the WBTS corporation who were unjustly imprisoned.

13 What tests of integrity those early Christians were able to face successfully with God-given strength! For example, concerning them it has been stated: “Sometimes they were tortured and thrown to hungry wild beasts in the arena to amuse the populace.” Despite such sufferings, however, it has been noted that “persecution served only to strengthen their faith and to bring many converts to their cause.” (From the Old World to the New, by Eugene A. Colligan and Maxwell F. Littwin, 1932, pages 90-1) It is the same with Jehovah’s integrity-keeping witnesses in this 20th century. The Devil’s agents have proved to be no match for them.

14 Consider what Jehovah’s anointed servants, the figurative “two witnesses,” experienced in 1918 and 1919, when their enemies ‘framed trouble by decree.’ (Revelation 11:3, 7-10; Psalm 94:20) J. F. Rutherford (then president of the Watch Tower Society) and seven associates were unjustly imprisoned. At that time, the “two witnesses” were killed as far as their prophesying was concerned, and their foes rejoiced. In his book Preachers Present Arms, Ray H. Abrams observed: “An analysis of the whole case [involving Rutherford and his associates] leads to the conclusion that the churches and the clergy were originally behind the movement to stamp out [the Bible Students]. . . . When the news of the twenty-year sentences reached the editors of the religious press, practically every one of these publications, great and small, rejoiced over the event. I have been unable to discover any words of sympathy in any of the orthodox religious journals.”

15 In time, however, the eight imprisoned Bible Students were released and completely exonerated, much to the chagrin of Satan and his dupes. Enlivened by God’s spirit, the “two witnesses,” that little army of anointed ones, stood upon their feet once again as Kingdom proclaimers. (Revelation 11:11) And Jehovah’s enemies have been fighting a losing battle against such integrity keepers ever since.

16 To illustrate: Consider the courageous words one young man penned to his family as he awaited death at the hands of Nazi persecutors. He wrote: “It is already past midnight. I still have time to change my mind. Ah! could I be happy again in this world after I had denied our Lord? Surely not! But now you have the assurance that I leave this world in happiness and peace.” Does that sound like a weak, cowardly, whipped integrity breaker? Of course not!

17 Attempts to break the integrity of Jehovah’s servants have continued. For example, in his book Religion in the Soviet Union, journalist Walter Kolarz told of mass arrests of Jehovah’s Witnesses early in 1951 and stated: “The Witnesses themselves estimate that 7,000 persons altogether were deported, to the Urals, Siberia, the Far North (Vorkuta) and Kazakhstan.” He added: “This was not the end of the ‘Witnesses’ in Russia, but only the beginning of a new chapter in their proselytising activities. They even tried to propagate their faith when they stopped at stations on their way into exile. In deporting them the Soviet Government could have done nothing better for the dissemination of their faith. Out of their village isolation the ‘Witnesses’ were brought into a wider world, even if this was only the terrible world of the concentration and slave labour camps.” There Jehovah’s servants found many who joyfully accepted the heartening Kingdom message.—Compare Acts 11:19-21.

• designs
    designs

Compared to Stalin I guess the Witnesses version of communision did sound pretty good.

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

Mankkeli, thanks for that. That is what I wanted to know. Please tell me now: What killed the two witnesses? I read: "the wild beast that ascends out of the abyss will make war with them and conquer them and kill them" (cf. Rev. 11:7). So what is this "beast that ascends out of the abyss"? In the very same publication this beast is identified as the League of Nations and later the UN (cf. Rev. 17:8). See Revelation Climax, pp. 246-248. How is it that this beast killed the two witnesses, i.e., Rutherford and colleagues, when it did not exist?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The two witnesses mentioned in REV. 11: 7 were J. F. Rutherford (then president of the Watch Tower Society) and seven associates of the WBTS corporation who were unjustly imprisoned.

John of Patmos is rolling inhis grave !

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Vidqun - It was the beast's representatives at that time that were in operation before the beast itself appeared in 1920

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Mankeli cannot count. Rutherford + 7 associates = 8 people is not the same amount as 2 (two) witnesses.

If Mankelli had some primary school education he would realize the numbers are not correct.

please read before you do a copy - paste job.

Hoffnung

• designs
    designs

Mankii- Judge Rutherford and my Grandfather were justifiably thrown in prison for treasonous statements in the 7th Volume.

If you print it and support it don't cry if you get thrown into prison. The Berrigan brothers didn't complain about jail time for anti-Vietnam War activites.

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

Mankelli, can you give us a WT publication quote for that date in 1934?

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Hoffnung- Open your eyes. Rutherford on one hand and the rest on the other hand. The rest are a composite as in the case of Isiah 41: 8, 9.

: “But you, O Israel, are my servant, you, O Jacob, whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend; you, whom I have taken hold of from the extremities of the earth, and you, whom I have called even from the remote parts of it. And so I said to you, ‘You are my servant; I have chosen you, and I have not rejected you.’” (Isaiah 41:8, 9) To make clear that this composite “servant” is made up of many individuals, the Creator says to the nation of Israel: “‘You are my witnesses,’ is the utterance of Jehovah, ‘even my servant whom I have chosen.’ . . . And now listen, O Jacob my servant, and you, O Israel, whom I have chosen. This is what Jehovah has said, . . . ‘Have I not from that time on caused you individually to hear and told it out? And you are my witnesses.’”

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit