To garyneal and Others, Evidence that the anointed remnants represented by the GB were selected in 1919.

by mankkeli 152 Replies latest jw experiences

• TheClarinetist
    TheClarinetist

So we should believe Jehovah's Witnesses because the appeal process sometimes works and sometimes people get put in jail for crimes they didn't commit? During wartime?

I bet there are a lot of people that were falsely accused of crimes that think they're God's chosen followers... Should I look into all of them? You have to prove 1914, that they were chosen, and that they have or came to have the truth before either of those statements means anything. It's not even a coincidence, as that would require something to coincide with.

Did they prophesy that they would be out of jail by 1919? That would be interesting, and might qualify for a coincidence if you could prove it.

EDIT: BTW, thanks for the trolling Mankelli. It feels good to vent my argumentativeness sometimes.

• minimus
    minimus

Mank's a clown.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

Mankkeli -

If someone is your representative you always have a say on who it is. That is not democracy. Democracy is mob rule.

I get to vote who my local elected leaders are, not what they do once they are in office. So, how did the Governing Body become the representatives of the annointed remnant? What scriptual evidence is there that there should be a Governing Body?

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

LeavingWT - It was very emotional though, at some point I even wept, I feel for Ray, although I was familiar with the story but it conveyed more pint being put down in writing. However, I am writing a review on it, When I am through I will make it public.

• minimus
    minimus

oooh goody

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

TheClarinetist - Why are you hiding under the pretext of coincidence?, when would you ever accept the fullfillment of prophecies as evidence of divine intervention?.

• Twisty
    Twisty

"sincerity and their genuine honesty to serve God faithfully coupled with their motivation to ensure that the good news about the Kingdom is preached earthwide "

That probably just about describes any serious religious person qualified/ordained etc in their respective religion around that time.

I'm glad we could clarify and agree there Doctrine is/was flawed, and that you believe they were chose mainly because they had good attitudes.

Twisty-1st year student studying placebo effects of African Potatoe plant used medicinally

• designs
    designs

I am in the Construction Industry, I teach and run a business in this trade, you think I just might ask and know what a building is made of.

Same with this Religion, my family were both Bible Students and JWs, I have literature going back to the 1880s, you think I might know just a little about the Facts and Details you seem to not know or care about hmmm.

• Ding
    Ding

What jesus saw before appointing those men was their sincerity and their genuine honesty to serve God faithfully coupled with their motivation to ensure that the good news about the Kingdom is preached earthwide , not what they were presently teaching or their doctrines. The attitude was the main appeal.

By your reasoning, it doesn't matter WHAT the WTS taught from 1876-1919 or what nonsense they taught.

That's not what Fred Franz said in God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years Has Approached (1973). On pages 350-355 he said that the quality of the spiritual food was the key, that it had to be the right spiritual food at the proper time. It had to be based on God's Word and not human reasoning. What they were teaching and their doctrines WAS the spiritual food they were dispensing. JWs were required to believe it and teach it even though it was wrong. That is neither faithful nor discreet nor the truth.

To say that Jesus was behind this is really an insult to Jesus.

• mankkeli
    mankkeli

Twisty - which religious leader is interested about the good news being preached worldwide at thesame level with the JW leaders?, Although they may claim to be honest and sincere, but what do their works show towards sharing what they knew with others?.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit