To garyneal and Others, Evidence that the anointed remnants represented by the GB were selected in 1919.

by mankkeli 152 Replies latest jw experiences

• wannabefree
  • hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Manky -

You are not up to speed with Jehovah's Chariot. Why are you quoting Old Light about Rutherfraud and his co-prisoners being "EXONERATED". This was one of the corrections given: The Charges were "Dropped" is what the revised version of the Revelation Anticlimax book says.

The Society has long taught that the wild beast came into existence when the International Court was set up at the Hague before WW I

As for 1914 - their basis for claiming that has been exposed as based on half lies, full lies, and misrepresentation. Not that you are honest enough to read the exposes on this.

HB

• donuthole
    donuthole

Here is my question --

Even the Society will admit that they weren't exactly as nuetral toward World War I as they should have been. This is part of the reason they claim that the directors of the Society were sent into "captivity" to be refined.

While all of this was going on there was a splinter Bible Student group that strongly opposed the leadership's war involvement. They were call the Standfasters.

Here is how Karl Klien (former GB member) describes it:

"World War I was raging, and even though the most prominent brothers had been unjustly imprisoned over the war issue, the need for Christian neutrality was not fully appreciated by those taking the lead. A few who saw the issue clearly took offense and separated themselves from the Bible Students, calling themselves Standfasters. They warned me that if I stayed with the Bible Students I would lose out on being of the 'little flock' of Jesus' anointed followers." (Oct 1, 1984 WT)

So here is my question -- If Jesus (having just come to power) was upset with the Society for their involvement in war, so much that he put them in prison to be refined, why didn't he go with the breakaway group that was actually correct in their teachings and practices?

• Listener
    Listener

Mankkeli quoted from WT (assumption) the following

14 Consider what Jehovah’s anointed servants, the figurative “two witnesses,” experienced in 1918 and 1919, when their enemies ‘framed trouble by decree.’ (Revelation 11:3, 7-10; Psalm 94:20) J. F. Rutherford (then president of the Watch Tower Society) and seven associates were unjustly imprisoned. At that time, the “two witnesses” were killed as far as their prophesying was concerned, and their foes rejoiced.

It would be helpful if you stated where you were quoting from and the year it was published.

This article states that the two witnesses were killed because of their prophesying and that was in fulfillment of the scriptures. Yet the org says they do not prophesy and anyone who makes prohecies and they do not come true are false and their words are not from God.

• dgp
    dgp

Mankkeli, please check Galatians.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

A warning should be given out that this particular individual who uses the name Mankkeli, whose

sole intension in coming to this forum is to chastise and demean people, who present any expressive opposition to the JWS,

who he says he's a member of. The recent attempt by him to publicly expose said apostates by luring people to put up their own pictures

on the forum as a means to further chastise individuals, was done with malicious vindictiveness intent.

Even when he starts threads to stimulate a discussion on a topic about the JWS he breaks further into pretentious lying

about himself, as he easily fails in his attempt to support the WTS and its doctrines.

The obvious reason he fails is because the WTS. obviously fails when trying to validate itself as to what the organization self proclaims

of what it is. The organization's own lies and corruption creates and develops its devoted followers to also be disingenuous and corrupt.

The best thing to do with this individual is to ignore him and possible wait for his account to be deleted.

Sooner or later the owner and manager of the forum (Simon) will have enough of his exploitive intensional abuse

of the forum itself and of the people who mostly come here.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Mankelli,

which religious leader is interested about the good news being preached worldwide at thesame level with the JW leaders?, Although they may claim to be honest and sincere, but what do their works show towards sharing what they knew with others?.

In the book Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose on page 37 it quotes from the Watchtower May 1881 where Russell writes,

"But they heeded not his presence and call, as the shadow showed they would they would not, (the "Doctors of Divinity" mostly opposing it, as the "Doctors of Law" had done in the "shadow") After three and one-half years (In 1878) he rejected or left desolate the nominal church here, as he had done in the "shadow"...

It seems to suggested to me that Russell teaching the return of Christ in 1874 felt other Christians who did not accept this had been rejected.

The book then asks the question.

"Why would anyone who claimed to serve God want to fight against a message to the effect that the time had come for the Messiah to present himself a second time...?

It could be because it was false. It seems strange to me that the book would ask such a question in 1959.

In Matthew 24:23-25 it says,

"Then if anyone says to you, 'Look! Here is the Christ, or, "There! so not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs, and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones, Look! I have forewarned you. (NWT)

Mankelli do you think God and Christ would be pleased to have a message preached worldwide of Christ's second coming if it proved to be false? Or the birth of God's Kingdom in 1914 if it proved to be incorrect?

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

Mankelli,

Does it seem reasonable that Christ speaking of his second presence and giving such a warning would have chosen those who had claimed he had returned in 1874? Later Rutherford changed it to 1914.

Does it seem reasonable that the ones who were chosen claimed to have seen the sign of Christ presence spoken of in Matthew 24:30 and preached that they had. Only years later in 1994 to say they hadn't.

I quote what you said,

"What jesus saw before appointing those men was their sincerity and their genuine honesty to serve God"

Do you honestly think that this is enough?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I thought this was going to be ACTUAL evidence not just the thoughts of the paedophile protection racket from Brooklyn.

No scriptures used. Just pontification by cult leaders and their suck-ups.

Mankkeli is obviously taking the p1ss and trolling.

I think OUTLAW is correct!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Has Mankelli been booted yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit