"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

((((blond-moment))))

Thanks for sharing.

I have five daughters, I want so much more for them, since waking up I am ill every day knowing that I have raised them in this cult, I am trying to help them out, they view me as the sick one.

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

I understand some may HOPE a mole wrote this article, three governing body members had to sign off on this horse shit.

This mind set is endemic in this cult. Myself and a few others were considered "mavericks" and guilty of "causing divisions" when we advised congregation members to "CALL 911 RIGHT NOW" in child abuse and domestic violence cases. Can you think of any other organizations that censor members for calling 911 for child abuse and domestic violence?????? I bet even the KKK would not discourage the arrest of child abusers!.. (well on second thought they might want to hang them first).

This is OUTRAGIOUS and is another clear sign the Watchtower in no way represents GOD or Jesus..perhaps Moleck or Baal, but not Jehovah. WHO are the REAL Apostates today ??

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

opps ..didn't mean to kill the thread....sorry for the bad language ladies ( I got mad), carry on.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Watchtower - The New Taliban.

Bangalore

• bats in the belfry
    bats in the belfry

"Every organized patriarchal religion works overtime to contribute its own brand of misogyny"

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Anybody remember the "Drama" from the 1989 (90) District A$$embly where a woman had endured years of abuse from her husband (yes - it turned out he beat the children too).

The sister concerned was portrayed as a vicious nagging harpy so she was the one in the wrong. She was - no surprise - sick of the marriage and wanted to leave. Then in a bait and switch worthy of this sick cult, she discovers her husband is having a Babble study with the Dubs.

He kept it secret because he was "frightened of her and how she might react." The elder of course counsels her for not being in submission.

You cant make up this crazy rubbish. I had already started to mentally withdraw, and this was just another nail in the coffin.

HB

AND I remember a Rape magazine that told of a Japanese sister who was attacked. She fought him off, because she "knew that if he succeeded I would be responsible"!!!!

"Avoiding the Tragedy of Rape" An "asleep!" ca 1985 also implies that the girl is "asking for it"

• 00DAD
    00DAD

blond-moment: I really appreciated your video. You expressed your outrage yet maintained your own dignity in the telling. I'll check out some of your other videos!

It's really ridiculous the tremendously damaging "advice" that the society gives to its adherents!

Daniel

• mama1119
    mama1119

WOW! I don't post hardly ever anymore but thisw one got me! This is unbelievable. This is such a dangerous religion.

• Gayle
    Gayle

I want to start sending this info to any spousal abuse organizations as many are doing. I have a few addresses but need to locate more.

I thought of starting thread with just email addresses to some associations to write. But it would be great for any to supply addresses they find and add to the thread to help also.

Could there be a collective group helping me with this thread? Maybe a Title: Email Listings of Spousal Abuse organizations?

This does need public attention and awareness.

Or has someone already started something like this? Thanks for any input.

• jgnat
    jgnat

This is outrageous, but I've seen similar teaching before. If a brother wrongs you, suck it up, cover it up and go along as if nothing happened. Onus is always on the victim to behave better in hopes that the example will turn the other "without a word".

*harrumph*

Nothing ever gets better without speaking up. I speak as a former battered wife.

My sister, a family doctor, tells a shocking JW story from central Alberta. A battered Witness wife divorces her husband. She is disfellowshipped for it. He remarries, and beats his new wife to death. Which was the more obedient woman? How helpful was the so-called scriptural counsel? The disobedient wife and her children are still alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit