"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

jgnat ... unfortunately, JW's say the one who stayed and died was obedient to Jehovah and is better off because she died faithful and awaits a resurrection ... sad

• N.drew
    N.drew

The one that gets to die in this system before Armagettingoutofhere supposedly gets to avoid the worst tribulation in the history of tribulations. But, they get no practice for the terrible test at the end of the thousand years. So hard to choose.... I'm sorry.

• jgnat
  • jgnat
    jgnat

I should point out that the only time I dared speak up to my abusive ex husband - and not get hit - was from a safe distance away, and in public.

It is twisted to think that a loving God who had made all of creation and called it good, who breathed life in to our rock of a world, who called husband and wife to the highest calling of love and intimacy, to condone violence and death. God doesn't. Men have twisted his words.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

This article is very "Valentine's Day", eh?

• cult classic
    cult classic

Good catch Skeeter. Hadn't paid attention to the date. I have to say when Gayle sent me this article, I thought it was from decades ago.

Shame on WT.

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

Thanks jgnat I have been sending out info on this like crazy, the links you provided gave me some more contacts.

Youtube user name: Danmera

• flipper
    flipper

BALAAM"S ASS - You stated, " three governing body members had to sign off on this horse $hit. " Might be true TECHNICALLY that they sign off on this mind controlled defecation - however- it doesn't mean they always read what the writing committee writes. If you have read Ray Franz's book " Crisis of Conscience " - he stated that very point that many time GB members would not proofread what the writing committee wrote because they'd claim to be " too busy " to read it. They might sign off on it as a perfunctory practice- but not read it at all. So it would easily slip through the cracks without GB approval

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

three governing body members had to sign off on this horse $hit.

Trying to think about the GB sign off, if these folks actually believe that this is correct, that it is OK to strike a woman in a situation such as this, signing off on this may have not been a big issue. From what I know the GB folks are all pretty old and they are well out of tune with the way things are these days......frightening and sickening....very sickening. How can any organization cover up child abuse as well as not do all they can to speak out and prevent spousal abuse.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Not sure if this has already been posted, but it is a very good resource for finding local agencies in the United States. The first link is to the

AARDVARC: An Abuse, Rape & Domestic Violence Aid & Resource Collection

website, the second link is to a resources by state directory. Seems to be some pretty good information.

http://www.aardvarc.org/

http://www.aardvarc.org/dv/states/menu.shtml

Unsure how do create hyperlinks here, so will need to cut and paste the address to your browser.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit