"Feeling sorry for yourself" about being hit by your husband is not Christian 2/15/12 WT Page 25 P 12

by yourmomma 449 Replies latest watchtower bible

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Sorry if I'm repeating...has anyone copied this gem from the same article?

Paragraph 4:
    Sharing in Christian activities in some way is generally possible for believers living in divided households. For example, consider Enza, whose husband is violently opposed. She engages in the disciple-making work after taking care of her household duties.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I sent the article to my therapist. She basically commented that this is the same crap she hears from several religions, God is testing you, God is working through u to save him, Jesus suffered, By Trials and tribulations your faith is tested and perfected.

I guess the bullshit crosses over to many religions

• Igot2bme
    Igot2bme

....after 17 years Steve converted.

All that means is now he can still hit her and get support of the congregational elders if she dares to complain again!

• sabastious
    sabastious

I sent the article to my therapist. She basically commented that this is the same crap she hears from several religions, God is testing you, God is working through u to save him, Jesus suffered, By Trials and tribulations your faith is tested and perfected.

I guess the bullshit crosses over to many religions

You know, that makes a lot of sense, but I know when I was a Witness I would have made fun of those types.

-Sab

• donuthole
    donuthole

Does anyone know if the literature ever deals with domestic abuse in the context of happening in the congregation, or are the examples more like this, dealing with unbelievers and wordly people?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Does anyone know if the literature ever deals with domestic abuse in the context of happening in the congregation, or are the examples more like this, dealing with unbelievers and wordly people?

Well that's sketchy ground at best because woman beating, just like slave beating, was common place in ancient history. Ancient history is where the Witnesses get their Guidebook. The Bible says that "man will rule over woman." It's a rock and a hard place for them. Of course they want more contemporary members as their current ones will eventually pass away, but in this day in age sexism doesn't really fly outside of controlled social circles. So, what are they to do? Give up on their sexist ways? That would require turning a blind eye to their sacred interpretation of scripture, fat chance of that.

-Sab

• clarity
    clarity

Zid... is this what you were looking for?

>

{Societal sexual attitudes and gender issues of the 50s are still reflected in the organization in other ways. For instance, I'll share an experience which will illustrate the point I'm making. I've been very reluctant to talk about this because it's so egregious, but I think it's time.

During one Writing Department staff meeting for writers, which was held every week on Thursday, an artist brought her cover picture for the Oct. 8, 1991 Awake! magazine and left it for critique.

I was told that one of the unmarried older senior writers objected to the picture and the featured articles. The proposed cover color picture illustrated a young woman standing in front of a large mirror. She was touching the mirror, which reflected back her image, and there also was an overlay of a small, black and white image of a little girl, who obviously was the young woman as a child. The title under the picture was, "HEALING THE WOUNDS OF CHILD ABUSE.

And just what was the objection the writer had to the picture and the articles? He said, "Everyone knows that a little girl who is molested brings it upon herself by climbing onto a man's lap!"

It was a shocking statement to make, but it illustrates either one of two things: this man is a child molester or he still believes the rubbish of days gone by that women and children get raped because of something they have done.}

Barbara Andersons story at bethel. That senior writer was John Wischuk I believe!!

clarity

• blond-moment
    blond-moment

This infuriated me. Here is what I had to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNtEzntyV60

• Violia
    Violia

I cry when I think of all the wonderful jw women I have known who got beat, belittled , slapped, punched, thrown down, and other more terrible forms of abuse- all for so they might win a mate over. I recall a Bible study I had when I was about 18. He hubby drove a garbage truck. He was a disgusting excuse for a human being. He hit her and beat the kids. One day he got run over by his own garbage truck. she could not contain her happiness, and I too felt happy for her. She took her life insurance money and started a new life. It was long ago and far away, but I still remember this man's disgusting face as he called her names and hit her and the kids. Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them.

• JRK
    JRK

Okay,

I have a bad joke for this thread.

What does a JW woman do when she comes home from the hospital?

The dishes, if she knows what is good for her.

Only appropriate for the JW mindset, those misogynic pigs.

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit