2008 Drama on YouTube. Oh boy!

by Open mind 83 Replies latest jw friends

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

You know, this may be something we haven't really accounted for. They are sounding nuttier lately, what with the elders and college, this drama...What person in their right mind could buy that crap about having to live with less and less? I hope all of their conventions go on YouTube.

Isaac

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

I can't believe I actually watched all 6 scenes of this.

As a UBM-never-been-JW, I have never attended a convention before and have never seen a "drama" before. Until now. THIS is the highlight, the exciting part, the thing everyone looks forward to and wakes up for at the conventions? I'm not sure what I was expecting, but wow this was just crap. I can't even imagine what the rest of the convention must be like, if this is the "good" part. I don't know why I'm surprised, but I am.

(No additional comment on the nuttiness and thinly veiled "messages," I think all of that is abundantly self-evident)

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

Nameless - I am in the same boat as you - an ubm - and I cannot believe that anyone in their right mind would be influenced by this asinine crap.

As I said before, I have never seen it until now & I am astounded.

h9k (sorry to be repetitive)

• nameless_one
    nameless_one

Hi HAL, it's bizarre isn't it? Looking at it from the outside, never having seen such a thing before, well I was just shocked and appalled (that's a feeling I experience a lot from JW-land LOL). I could barely sit through this on YouTube doing other things, I'd last about 30 seconds at an actual convention.

• HAL9000
    HAL9000

I've been invited to one of the conventions and I am so glad that I didn't go. I have (under duress) gone to a few meetings & have found them to be so mind-blowingly boring that I detach from the meeting & think about anything else - like how much tme is left. 30 minutes is alomost beyond my endurance, but a couple of days!?!?!?!

The more you read & see, the more you wonder........

h9k

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

It's funny to read what unbelieving mates make of the highlight of the convention. My brother and I used to have a little laugh at the tackiness, and the holy spirit was even represented by a magic fairy dust-like sound at the last one I went to.

Amazing.

• nondescriptex
    nondescriptex

It seems to me, over the years, dramas have drifted further and further from the actual Bible accounts they are supposedly based on, adding more and more made up fluff. They exaggerate, are intellectually dishonest, and manipulative. This really started to annoy and WORRY me. Why do they think they have to make up their own "Bible stories", and isn't that a little dangerous (going beyond the things that are written, etc)? I know for a fact that many JWs go home thinking that what they saw in the drama is really what happened in the Bible. Bizarre.

• joebin
    joebin
    I can't believe I actually watched all 6 scenes of this.

LOL..I watched the first and had enough.

• Wee John
    Wee John

Notice the mass exodus at 1m10sec...lol

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Who was the axxhole that kept putting his fat head in the way?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit