2008 Drama on YouTube. Oh boy!

by Open mind 83 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

Oh my ! We can't help the disadvantaged and feed the poor ? How evil of that elder to want to do those loving, humane works towards his fellow man, instead of spreading gangrene false truths to his neighbors ! Definitely needs to get his priorities straight ! Gawd- I hate the Watchtower society. No wonder the witnesses show no love and are cold blooded

• Open mind
    Open mind

Flipper:

Gawd- I hate the Watchtower society. ...
    Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Just messin' with ya Flipper.

om

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

"SCOLIOS" means a hunchback.

Is the humpman still an elder? If so , why is the young puppy disagreeing with his counsel?

I wonder if Testis and Copulator would be so disrespectful.

HB

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Why is this slick, polished and high tech oscar winning performance held in what looks similar to a boxing/ wrestling ring? I keep expecting them to throw off their garments and start chucking each other about in tune to the audience baying for some real action.

Does the WWF know about this bout?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I watched the whole thing....what a con game...........

Self sacrificing....the problem is you sacrifice your whole life till

there is nothing left. I see so many similarities between this drama and all the

past drama through the years...

"When I eat fish I'll think of Jesus words"

hope4others

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Just struggled through scene three and it seems there might be a few fishing boats coming up for sale on Ebay.

Stop fishing guys and get back to the old stand by --- window cleaning,yep that's the one for me. It was good enough for us in the1960s so its good enough now.Boy I could have owned a whole herring fleet by now and given my surplus catch to the hungry and poor.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I posted a comment on the first scene.

Since the comments are moderated, I'll bet money that they won't approve my comment.

For the record, the dangerous, offensive comment I posted was:

"Question: what scripture(s) was this based on?"

I know, pretty subversive stuff, eh? Imagine my nerve. Asking what scriptures from, you know, the bible, were used to prepare this play that was supposed to be based on, you know, the bible!

:)

~Q

• Quotes
    Quotes

Am I the only person that thinks is is funny, or perhaps over-the-top stupid, that they stagehands that setup and break down the scenes, are in period costume?

Is that really necessary?

Does WTS really think that we have some illusion that we have been trasnported back in time, and are totally lost in the play, and they don't want to break the forth wall by having non-costumed stagehands?

What is going on in the minds of the directors that they think costumed stagehands is necessary?

~Q

• M.J.
    M.J.

"'SCOLIOS' means a hunchback."

Are you sure? I think it's supposed to be related to the condition known as scoliosis, which simply is a lateral curvature of the spine.

In other words, a twisted and/or crooked spine, which would explain the name choice.

It's relatively common. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scoliosis

• TD
    TD

Scolios literally means crooked or curved. (cf. Luke 3:5)

As a metaphor it can mean perverse, wicked, untoward or sly (cf. Acts 2:40)

img504/1391/scoliosnq7.png

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit