2008 Drama on YouTube. Oh boy!

by Open mind 83 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Oh MY EYES! Gawd, that brought back bad memories. First drama I've seen in over 20 years. All those emphatic gestures crack me up.

• carla
    carla

nameless one, haha that's what I said the first time I saw a 'drama' on the net!

They don't need to use scripture as it is all 'bible based' remember?

My jw started calling school plays 'drama's', ooooh, bad mistake! our kids jumped all over his case about that!

• Open mind
    Open mind

Here is the most interesting part of the Drama, IMO. IN my "DC Observations" Sat & Sun" thread I mentioned the roof hatches in the Cow Palace:

If you've ever been to the Cow Palace, you might remember that there are about a dozen square roof hatches that are usually wide open. These allow rays of Hoooly Spirit to shine down into the auditorium and form intense spotlights on inviduals all over the main floor. At mid-day the average amount of time a solar spotlight remains on any one individual is about four minutes.

Now, if you take a look at the upper right hand corner of the stage in Scene 4,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73opqpBq5o&feature=related

you'll notice the pool of Hoooly Spirit enlightening the stage. Compare it's location at the start of Scene 4 compared to six minutes later at the end of Scene 4.

Whoa! Dude!

Theocratic Sun Dial!

Yeah. That was the highlight of the DC for me. Watching about a dozen of those blobs ooze around the audience. It's mesmerizing.

om

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I watched the whole thing. All I can say is, I hope some in attendance can see through it all. Non-JWs in attendance will no likely be turned off with the first scene. The elder is criticized because he wants to help the poor and needy? It has become a small trend for more and more JWs out this way to start getting involved with community work. Maybe other areas are having the same trend.

The drama made no sense. It was not based on biblical events but yet the cast is dressed in biblical clothing. Wow...can't I used to really buy into this stuff.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

My guess is they aren't letting you posts comments. I tried to post this:

"Wow, the same bad production quality and over acting/stunted dialogue as ever!

"Interesting that the WTS presents these totally fictionalized events as a "biblical" drama, and make it seem as though 1st Cent. Xtians were similar to modern JWs! How preposterous. Only JWs would consider it apostasy and wicked to be helping out the poor with charitable works or getting an education.

"Shame on you WTS for another sad travesty against your followers!"

S4

• Gerard
    Gerard
    The drama made no sense. It was not based on biblical events but yet the cast is dressed in biblical clothing.

Razle and dazle them for mental control. More than one dub walked out that day thinking it was all light from Jeehover.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

I cant force myself to watch it

• Lady Zombie
    Lady Zombie

A little off topic but WHO THE HELL teaches acting to these "priviledged" participants?!?!?!?!?!

Overacting, exaggerated gestures, unnatural head shaking......

I think THAT is what makes me laugh more than anything.

Well, BESIDES the gag inducing topics.

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

This will save me a trip to the DC... I really wanted to see this drama so I can puke... I am bulimic...

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

You know what this Drama scene reminds me of ? The parable of the Good Samaritan.Bear with me a minute here but just think about it.Each of these "godly approved men" (in the parable) had an excuse not to help the person in need.Apparently each of them said to themselves: "I have more important things to do ! " Just like what the Society is advocating in this drama ! They are completely selfish hypocrites !

In reply Jesus said: "A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him of his clothes, beat him and went away, leaving him half dead.

A priest happened to be going down the same road, and when he saw the man, he passed by on the other side.

So too, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the other side.

But a Samaritan, as he traveled, came where the man was; and when he saw him, he took pity on him. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put the man on his own donkey, took him to an inn and took care of him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper. 'Look after him,' he said, 'and when I return, I will reimburse you for any extra expense you may have.'

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit