What is your current status with the Watchtower Society and Congregation?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

I believe I stopped going in 2003. I am not df'd. I'm inactive and some COs have told family members that I could be a prodigal son and come back. NEVER!!!

• AlyMC
    AlyMC

I have no idea. I thought I faded, but the descriptions around here make me think I didn't fade so much.

In late winter 2004 I told DH I was leaving, then talked to the elders as he requested. I told them all my concerns and objections (standard doctrine issues) and they bluffed their way through our "meeting". I wasn't impressed, stopped going to meetings then. A month or two later went to my last memorial and never went back. it was obvious that the rumor mills went around the way nobody talked to me (plus the news traveled to our family out of state)

They all know that we celebrate, and vote, and that I look "worldly". When I first left I posted all over a parenting board about my journey and disbelief- a board I shared with several sisters in my congregation. We have an open family blog that indicates all of those things we do "wrong"- but I've been gone a long time. Nobody seems to care about defining our status.

So we went out openly and honestly... but nobody cared to try and DF me.

• mind my own
    mind my own

I guess I am considered in-active, but am shunned by 95% of the dubs.

I hear the elders want to talk to me so that I can either repent and be a member of the cong. again or they will disfellowship me. I told the person that told me this to pound sand. Not sure if that got back to them or not. However, it will be just a matter of time before it is made known (by me) that I am an apostate so then I think I will be DF'd.

MMO

• sweetface2233
    sweetface2233

I was publicly reproved in Feb 2005, my last meeting was Oct 2005, and the last time I was in service was, from what I can remember, sometime right after 9/11. Both my brother and sister have disowned me becasue my speach is "tainted w/ apostate thinking. " My mother talks to me regularly, we just stay away from any topics JW related. Of course, she always manages to slip in comments like, "We had our assembly this weekend" or "I was talking to this sister in service the other day." My father has been DF'd since I was 16 and we finally have a close relationship.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit