What is your current status with the Watchtower Society and Congregation?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Technically, I am inactive. I haven't done a damn thing for the witlesses since field circus in June 2005, and the last boasting session I went to was the 2005 Crapmorial. About the only difference between myself and a disassociated person is I have yet to send in the disassociation letter.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I am currently enjoying a "free Bible study" from a diligent WT unpaid employee, and going through over 100 years of Watchtower and books like Finished Mystery and asking all sorts of questions.

Never set foot in a Kingdom Hall. It doesn't sound interesting. Poring over stuff I read last week? Even brother study conductor admitted he used to get bored when he first started going.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

I go to meetings/conventions/assemblies occasionally -- usually when my mostly witness family comes to town. I go to the Memorial (because I've gone all my life). My wife and I quit going regularly about 10 (wow, time flies) years ago. For me it was boredom and feeling like it was never enough. Other issues crept in since then. Moving to new areas has helped, but we ALWAYS seem to find someone who knows us where ever we go. I'm thinking a Witness protection program is in order. (I imagine that has been used before here, sorry). Really though, I am still very close with most of my friends who are still feeling it. I, however, am not; Thus the name.

I've been a lurker here off and on for probably 3 years. Sometimes I look more than others. Now is a "more than" time. I guess I've been wondering if I'd sign up and post. I never thought I had much of value to add.

Meh, that'll do for now I guess. I will probably always read more than post. But if something interesting comes up, I'm sure it may be cathartic to chime in.

• oneairhead
    oneairhead

Inactive now, don't go regularly to the meetings. Do not do field circus. Do not go the Tuesday night sales meeting. All of my family is still in and so it goes i am still in. I would consider completely DA'ing if my wife would do the same. I am ready for whatever comes my way as a result of my decision to fade.

I think that those of us who have spouses still in should stick together and continue to share ideas and experiences because they are very encouragin to me whether they are positve or negative.

I was a pioneer, MS, Bethelite and am now 32 years old and was supposed to be born in the new system, never supposed to graduate high school, never supposed to have kids in this system. How many of those things do you think HAVE happened, and still no new system.

One

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

If I had to put it in one word, it would be "SUSPECTED". I'm pretty sure they suspect me of something. This is gonna be so fun.

• R.F.
    R.F.

baptized inactive publisher in good standing......I think.

• sonnycrockett
    sonnycrockett

I was raised in the truth, pioneered went to the big house in brooklyn made it to elder and eventualy P.O. I did all that cause it was expected of me. Got tired of all the politics among the elders,,tired of C.O's on power trips giving thier own opinions as if they had revelations from heaven. Tired of people only being friends if you were spiritual enough for them i.e. pioneers and wannabe circuit overseers. Can't get past some of the decisions made by the big house regarding elder appts and that they are appointed by holy spirit and how the C.O's used to say before we recommended someone that its easy to get someone appointed but real hard to get them removed. Well it shouldn't be if it's all done by holy spirit!!! So i turned in my badge even though the body and C.O. convneced me not to telling me that I will regret it if I do. Well guess what...I dont regret it. So now I;m just kind of chillin reading at the CBS and WT on Sunday but they don't use me to pray at the Hall only at the bookstudy. Funny how can I qualify to pray at the CBS and not the hall. I gues I am a good example at the CBS and a bad example at the hall. Anyway I dont have to worry about calling those shots anymore. I am happy and just sticking around cause of the family.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Have influenced one entire family in my old congregation to reject Jehovah who then became evil born agains.

Publicly shunned by every JW within 40 miles I have bumped into since 2004.

Disowned by entire family with the exception of 2 nieces who also rejected Jehovah and became evil born agains.

Don't talk to me because I know what the cult has taught for the past 129 years, can refute every one of their truthful doctrines and will draw you away from Jehovah if I see an opportunity to wreck your faith.

I think I love you. Really.

• thepackage
    thepackage

Inactive since April 2007. I don't plan on attending Memorial or any other event. I still speak with a couple of Elders, the PO is a good friend. He doesn't give me any trouble cause he's told me many times, "i knnow we do not have The Truth" but he can't leave cause of family and that's all he has. My X-Wife is kind active but more so she is lazy, my kids good with her.

• freedomfighter
    freedomfighter

Disfellowshipped for Practicing Spiritism ( smoking ) in Nov 07. They can kiss my ruby red ass!

FF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit