What is your current status with the Watchtower Society and Congregation?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Baptized, inactive for about 10 years. Shunned by everyone except mom and dad.

The elders said it was OK for mom and dad to talk to me, they need me to help them since they are aged.

Way to go Honesty !!

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

Inactive for a little more than a year.

Previous CO ( since moved on to new assignment) and many elders and publishers know of my apostate leanings.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Inactive, though still go to the sales shows funerals as my relatives pass away. Not been to a meeting since about 1985 or so. I look at bottles of wine and boxes of crackers at the store once a year, since I wouldn't be drinking/eating anyway (though I suspect that if there's an afterlife we're all going to be in the same place!).

Still: with privileges

Ooh! I always wanted that kind of friend!

Lover: [DFed for arguing] Sisters' rights to wear Leg-Warmers in the Field Service

I wish I could say I am shocked - I'm laughing only because it is so GD painful...

Mono: wow, brother mono is taking notes, how encouraging

You are just too cool for words...I wish I had some of the prose I wrote back then, or the little portaitures I experimented with...

AKJeff: drinks blood and howls at the moon while worshipping Satan

Can you show me how? Please?

Dawg: I'm evil you see?

But it looks good on you...redheads are always attractive, especially when they're evil.

• chickpea
    chickpea

started a gradual fade 3 yrs ago, that accelerated to a total absence from ALL activity save the memorial which i attended for the last time in my life last march

i suspect there is a DFing in the future as my only contact from the former KH is a 'sister' who is very likely going to be DF'd for immorality..... and we just made her the GUARDIAN of our minor children in our will!!!!!!!!!!!! ohhhh i cannot wait to see what might play out from that!!!

• RR
    RR

I have NO idea. I stepped down and walked away and never went back. That was around 1993.

RR

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

What is your current status?

Elder in good standing... Apostate in my head... absolutely nobody in the congregation knows... and trying to figure out how to step down...

TTRP

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Wow, so many interesting stories.

I left in August 2005. Stopped cold turkey. Went to the bookstudy, commented, got in the car, went home and told my husband that that was the last meeting I would ever go to. We had an elder stop by once six months later. He had been riding his motorcycle and decided to stop by. We told him why we left, UN association, he called us apostates and since that time no one speaks to us. Turns the other way when they see us coming. The rumor is that we are apostate. We would like to DA but my husband still has family in. So just faded at this point. Celebrated christmas this year (lights and all) and expected some sort of backlash but nothing. We must be off of the radar.

Sheri

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Faded over 10 years ago, do not attend anything. Probably ok standing as people talk to me when they see me. When they ask how ya doing? Like I should be miserable or depressed they figure. I always say life is Just great. Every day is wonderful, could'nt be better. People are dumb founded and that pretty much ends the conversation.

• Layla33
    Layla33

DFs over 18 years ago. But I so don't play by their rules, I don't even use such verbiage in my language. Words like DFs, DAs, apostate don't even mean anything to me, so honestly the only time I even reference it is when I am around other JWs or exJWs who want to discuss it. For example, if I met someone and they said, "I'm an apostate", it really wouldn't mean anything to me whatsoever.

I still talk to just about everyone in my family, just not about JW stuff - once in a while they try to throw something in, I just say "uh huh" and talk about the weather. They hate that. LOL

I think the WTS is a cult, it is stained with hypocrisy, lies and manipulation. It has broken up families, friends and I know way too many people who are wrecked socially, have intimacy issues, have a hard time relating to the outside world, so the religion doesn't ring favorable with me. On the other note, I know there are some good people who just got caught up in something they believed is right, as intrinsically I believe part of man's quest is to understand the world around them and make sense of it.

The WTS is set up to be extremely difficult to get out of, emotionally and psychologically tormenting.

• nondescriptex
    nondescriptex

ever... so... slowly... fading... away... Becoming one of those people I used to puzzle over. Everything seems just fine, but no "zeal", no "urgency". Now I understand.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit