UK- JW MINISTERIAL SERVANT SERIAL RAPIST

by DannyHaszard 285 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

One more scripture to think about:

"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils:

Speaking lies in hypocrisy: having their conscience seared with a hot iron:

(I Timothy 4:1-2)

"The Seared Conscience: When flesh is "seared with a hot iron" it is cauterized. Its surface is burned, charred, and hardened. A deadened crust of tissue is formed in which there is no longer the sense of feeling. Searing renders it incapable of feeling. It renders it unresponsive, numb to the stimuli it should respond to."

(from http://www.enjoythebible.com/ebq/conscience.html)

Sounds like the Watchtower to me, any one else agree?

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

You know it is a sad day when this guy basically gets off in the Criminal Court as well as with the JW leadership. Hell, he is even allowed to go door to door.

Even after all of the public exposure and criminal and civil trials it is still the policy of God's chosen organization to protect the sicko.

Yet if this guy was an advocate for the kids he abused and spoke out against this policy, he would have been expelled and shunned.

When God's Faithful and Discreet Slave does not protect his own flock from predators like this even when it is made public and continues its past practice, then what does that tell you about the so-called FDS?

• Stezza
    Stezza

Hi Folks the Sky discussion page has a section on it. Get to it people:

https://messageboards.sky.com/ThreadView1.aspx?ThreadId=3629&Category=UK%20News

This is what I wrote:

Next time the JW's are at your door ask them about the 2 witness rule. This means in thier internal disciplinary procedurees there needs to be two witnesses. Therefore if a child comes forward with a claim about a person in their congregation, there needs to be a second witness for them to be disciplined (in their lingo private reproof, public reproof or disfellowshipping). This, particularly in the case of paedophila, builds in repeat offenders. I was bought up as a witness and the amount of comment in their publications about the Catholic Church and the problems with child abuse, yet the same problem was going on in many congregations around the world. Members are not encouraged to go to authorities as it brings God's name into disrepute and victims are told to 'wait on Jehovah'. With recent changes in legislation about reporting child abuse, this will have changed marginally but victoms are still encouraged to wait on Jehovah's justice.

I left because there was a case of child abuse and it was not reported to the authorities, in this case though the man (use that term loosely) was disfellowshipped. In retrospect that would of been becasue the victim's grandfather and uncle were elders. Not so on this case as he has repented. Study of this crime shows these criminals are repeat offenders and pose a danger to society.

In this case I think the person is only sorry he got caught, not for anything else.

Anyone who holds themselves out in a position of trust such a a teacher, scout leader, clergy or lay clergy should be publicised. There may be a JW or two or an apologist for them come on and say, no one elses religion is mentioned. The JW's through their publications mention the weaknesses of other religions in their publications all the time, when their members do wrong they need to be exposed, as much as anyone else.

If anyone is wondering why the victims are not testifying, there would be unimaginable pressure to forgive and let Jehovah deal with it, these people will be shunned if they do not follow the congregation line.

Anyone who commits this crime and claims to be a man of faith (any faith) is not and cannot even even begin to know anything about love, faith, and dare I say it God.

I know many of you have more information so get to it.

I cannot believe he was not disfellowshipped, repeat offenders like that are not repentent, no matter what they say.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

If the judge had not given such a lenient sentence I wonder if we would have heard about this case? The media are mad about the non custodial bit, not the fact that he is a JW (although this is receiving a fair amount of coverage too, thank goodness).

I remember a registered sex offender beginning a bible study with a family in the cong I attended in the 90's. The police contacted the elders and advised GREAT caution, but the brother who was studying with him felt that he was trustworthy with his 3 children all under the age of 11. I suppose it was such a good brownie point to have a bible study reported on his S8 every month, he didnt want to hand him over to a single brother.

I found out about it because me and my then husband were bestest bestest friends with a couple where the man was a (looselipped!) elder, who occasionally told us state secrets. The rest of the congo were not privy to the fact that this man was a registered sex offender.

I dont know if the paedo ever became a JW because I left soon after. He probably married the brothers daughter. Well, she was 11!

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

winnie:

(I won't print what I would do to him if it were my child!)

I will...and lets see how long the mods let it stay. (graphic but not vulgar)

Posting Guidelines
    Swearing, using hate-speech or making obscene or vulgar comments.

Lets change the penalty phase of the judicial system. Lets reintroduce the gladiator games. Charge money for attendance and pay-per-view. Use the money to help counsel the victims.

Bring out the pedophile(s), strip them butt naked. Parade them around the stadium field...then sit their a$$ on a tree stump and hammer a spike through their you know what. Push them off the stump, ripping it out. Then, with them screaming in pain, let loose a few hungry lions. After a few feeding frenzies.....maybe after just a few "games" the pedophiles will have the hell scared out of em and there wont be a need for that kind of deterrant.

I advocate this for any violent crime with interesting variations. Or maybe this just makes me as bad as them. Unless you know the pain of a victim, you dont understand where such creative punishment ideas come from.

SnakesInTheTower (of the "sick the lions on 'em" Sheep Class)

Ps...oh, and current Society directive says that any man who is a pedophile cannot serve in any position if he has ever (even before becoming a JW) molested a kid. I know because an elder in one of my old congos was removed as an elder even though the incident happened decades ago before he became a dub....good...at least the right thing happens sometimes. Current elders are supposed to be immediately removed and judicially dealt with (even just unannounced reproof...although in this case he went to jail and is a registerd sex offender...he should be d/f!)

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    So he is an MS and not an elder as was previously thought?

so it would seem that there are some innaccuracies in the reporting. lets face it if he has admitted the charges in court then he will be removed from any position he holds....you know it and i know it he may well have denied the charges to the cong in which case he will be df too. or it may be that a lack of 'scriptural' evidence has forced the elders to postpone making a decision until the court ruling. this they will now do at the earliest possibility. my hope is that the victims get the help they need to deal with the consequences of his actions

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Yes, we know the papers are not entirely reliable and the issue of his position has been reported differently in different papers. His sister just said hes 'trusted'. That could mean anything.

I think it must be absolutely terrifying for anyone who has ever let him have contact with their kids, working with him in field service, etc

Who the hell lets a grown man babysit though???? To my mind thats a teenage girls job. And who the hell lets a child go to an adults house for a sleepover???? My daughter goes to 9 year old girls houses for sleepovers because shes a 9 year old girl. Honestly, some parents are f**kwits of the highest order. There must be a lot of parents thinking back years now trying to work out if their kids were ever in danger. Truly horrible.

• Scully
    Scully

There are several news items reporting that Michael Porter is a Ministerial Servant, not an Elder, as was indicated in the original title of this thread.

In the interests of accuracy, all the post titles in the thread will be edited to reflect this information. It will take some time, but it will be done.

Jehovah paedo walks free

By ALEX PEAKE
    August 24, 2007

A PERVERT Jehovah Witness walked free yesterday — despite admitting sex attacks on an 18-month baby and a string of tots.

Michael Porter, 38, used his trusted position in the church to prey on kids for 14 years.

But a judge spared him jail for 24 counts of indecent assault and gross indecency after hearing he had undergone therapy.
    Last night even Porter’s own sister was outraged.

Tina Hughes, 40, stormed: “I’m disgusted. He’s just not human, he’s an evil monster. He can’t have a soul.

“We thought he’d get at least 12 months.”

Porter — a ministerial servant to church elders in Clevedon, Somerset — often babysat, took kids camping and hosted sleepovers.

Among his victims were a boy of three and youngsters aged five and seven, Bristol Crown Court heard.

He molested many by putting his hands down their trousers in “playfights”.

One was interfered with as he slept in bed. Another woke to find Porter on top of him. Porter — supported in court by his wife Joanne — carried out the attacks in the 1980s and 90s.

He confessed last year after a victim told elders at the church in Portishead, where his family are also members.

Judge Tom Crowther gave him a three-year community rehabilitation order, banned him from working with under 18s and put him on the Sex Offenders Register.

The judge, 69, sparked a row in 1995 by axing a fraud trial because jurors were baffled by evidence — costing taxpayers £2million.

Last night, Tina branded Judge Crowther “rubbish” and his verdict “pathetic”.

She said: “The whole courtroom went quiet. No one could believe it. I broke down in tears.”

Tina said the church was standing by Porter — who now lives in North London — and he would still go out making door-to-door calls.

She added: “I can’t believe the judge thinks he is safe to be allowed out on the streets. He won’t stop.

“He blamed his childhood, which was a lie. He grew up in a normal household and was the golden boy.

“He was in a very high position. Children loved him and parents worshipped him. They thought he was God’s son on earth. He followed the Bible to a ‘t’.

“Even if he’d got a year, for the victims it could be closure and they can say, ‘He’s been put away’.”

“He’s not spoken about any regrets, or any remorse.

“He has a lovely life. He has a religion standing by him and a wife who wants children with him. She hasn’t known him much more than a year.”

Michele Elliott, of charity Kidscape, said: “If ever a man deserved to be in prison, it’s this man.

“Child sex offenders are cunning liars. This man will offend again. I hope the judge can sleep at night.”
    [email protected]

Jehovah paedo walks free August 24, 2007 A PERVERT Jehovah Witness walked free yesterday despite admitting sex attacks on an 18-month baby and a string of tots. Michael Porter, 38, used his trusted position in the church to prey on kids for 14 years. But a... 11 hours ago from The Sun

Paedophile is spared jail A paedophile walked free from court yesterday after admitting carrying out a string of sex attacks on children. Michael Porter, 38, used his trusted position as a ministerial servant in the Jehovah's Witnesses to prey on young children in Clevedon,... 12 hours ago from Telegraph Predatory paedophile walks free A predatory paedophile walked free from court yesterday after admitting a string of sex attacks on children, including an 18-month-old baby. The sentence provoked a fierce reaction from Porter's sister, who said the "ludicrous" punishment was an... 16 hours ago from Guardian Unlimited Jehovah’s Witness sex offender is spared jail A Jehovah’s Witness who used his position in the Church to sexually abuse young children walked free from court yesterday. Michael Porter was entrusted with children as a ministerial servant of the church in Clevedon, Somerset. At Bristol Crown Court... 18 hours ago from The London Times Fury as paedophile escaes jail A judge who spared a paedophile jail for a string of sex attacks was branded "pathetic" yesterday by the pervert's own sister. He admitted 24 charges of gross indecency and indecent assault on 13 youngsters - one only 18 months old. But Judge Tom... 16 hours ago from Mirror.co.uk Anger over paedophile's sentence A judge has been accused of giving paedophiles a licence to offend after he refused to send a serial child sex attacker to jail. Michael Porter, 38, used his trusted position as a ministerial servant in the Jehovah's Witnesses to prey on young boys in... 18 hours ago from ic Wales 'Monster' Paedophile Walks Free From Court Michael Porter abused his position in the Jehovah's Witnesses to prey on young children in Somerset between 1986 and 2000. One of the victims was 18 months old. A judge at Bristol Crown Court decided not to jail the 38-year-old after hearing he had... 20 hours ago from Sky News Anger over paedophile's sentence A judge has been accused of giving paedophiles a licence to offend after he refused to send a serial child sex attacker to jail. Michael Porter, 38, used his trusted position as a ministerial servant in the Jehovah's Witnesses to prey on young boys in... 21 hours ago from Daily Mail - UK Jehovah's Witness pedophile walks free A leading Jehovah's Witness who was branded an "evil monster" by his own sister was spared prison today, despite being convicted of 24 counts of indecent assault and gross indecency on children - one of which was committed on an 18-month-old baby.... 21 hours ago from Secular Blasphemy 'Evil monster' spared jail term August 23, 2007 A PREDATORY paedophile walked free from court today despite admitting carrying out a string of sex attacks on children. Michael Porter, 38, used his trusted position as a ministerial servant in the Jehovahs...
  • Rebirth
    Rebirth

The sad thing is that within the next couple of days, because of the being exposed in the media, the PR people at the headquarters will have him DFed and then the perfect little bubble will be restored. All is well in Stepford society. Anytime anything ugly manages to escape to public knowledge, the PR people quickly act to show that they are taking care of it and all is well. That is why I really wish that the documents that Barbara published is used to show the world that this is not an isolated incident of coverup. This is an ungoing concerted effort to maintain this image of JW's being a crag from the storm of Satan's world.

Someone's mom in this thread commented on how JWs are picked on. Here is the reason: If you condemn everyone else and then it is found out that you are guilty of what you just condemned, you are a big ol' HYPOCRITE. Remember Ted Haggard?? Sat in front of everyone and told them how terrible homosexuality was? Same situation. Take a look at the big tract campaign last fall and then try and say the same thing about being "picked on."

Also, I could care less whether this guy is a MS or not, if his pedo ways were kept hidden from the congregation that is all that matters. He was allowed to use the KH/JWs are a way to get into a trusting relationship with children. That is sick.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

In a court of law, I think a minesterial servant would be viewed as a legal repreentative of the church organization. He is not merely a follower.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit