UK- JW MINISTERIAL SERVANT SERIAL RAPIST

by DannyHaszard 285 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7094591.stm

A paedophile who was originally given a Community Rehabilitation Order by a judge has been jailed for 18 months.

Michael Porter had previously pleaded guilty to 25 cases of indecent assault on a male and committing gross indecency with or towards a child.

Porter, 38, of Okehampton Close, north London, had his case examined after the Attorney General referred it under the Unduly Lenient Sentence Scheme.

Baroness Scotland said it was right to refer the case to the Court of Appeal.

She added: "I referred the sentence given to Michael Porter to the Court of Appeal because I considered that the sentence did not adequately reflect the seriousness of the offences, the offender's culpability, the harm caused to the victims and the need to deter others and protect the public."

Undergone therapy

Porter was originally sentenced in August by Bristol Crown Court to a Community Rehabilitation Order for a period of three years with a requirement that he attend a sex offender programme.

He was also banned from working with anyone under the age of 18 and put on the Sex Offenders Register.

The judge opted not to jail Porter after hearing he had undergone therapy and was a changed man.

An Avon and Somerset Police spokeswoman said she was pleased the sentence had been reconsidered and that a custodial sentence was justified.

Porter carried out the assaults between 1986 and 2000 in the Clevedon area of North Somerset.

• nelly136
    nelly136

18 months sux too but at least it'll keep him off the streets for a few months

wonder how much time he'll actually serve out of the 18.

• sf
    sf

Excellent!

And hey nelly!!

sKally

• scary21
    scary21

Konceptual99 mentioned this man on another thread. I did not remember him.

He got no jail time because he was a man of faith......WHAT ? That is just plain crazy.

So I thought I would bump this for the ones who may have forgot about this monster.

Let us never, NEVER forget !

• cultBgone
    cultBgone
    Disgusting beyond words.
  • freddo
    freddo

@scary 21

He did get jail time. The original "lenient" sentence of community service and rehabilitation etc was overturned and he got 18 months in the slammer. (Well 9 months I expect because if you are a good boy you get your sentenced halved)

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

So, Michael Porter got 18 months in the end?

There's something wrong with British justice - he should have got at least 5 years, IMO.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    Then some people wonder why i like to trash jw books
  • Formerbrother
    Formerbrother

Porter is now married with his own children, and still a JW?

• CitizenofEarth
    CitizenofEarth

Is he still an Elder - didnt they disfellowship him? Did he loose his privileges? Sounds horrendous.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit