5000 PAGES OF DOCUMENTS OF JW PEDOPHILE CASES AVAILABLE! B ANDERSON BOOK

by Seeker4 297 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Arthur,

I agree, it seems that several "odd" pieces of the puzzle now fall into place.

Including the new Awake about "Keeping Your Children Safe"

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/139534/1.ashx

So... just like the "Follow The Christ" convention allows them to say that they don't ignore Jesus, They can now be seen to be taking a stand on this issue ???

• Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

Is there a cliff notes on this document. It sounds cool, but 5000 pages, I'm not about to dive into such a book. How about a 'best of" compilation.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Shawn wrote: Is there a cliff notes on this document.

As I understand it (from the first page of this thread??) that there are 5000 pages of court documents and about 100 pages of commentary from Barbara.

I would venture that the 100 pages of commentary is the 'Cliff Notes' equivalent.

Maybe there is a forward or at least a table of contents to make navigating easier.

I'll let you know when I receive my copy (ordered yesterday).

-Denise.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I'm not sure that this CD release and the KM Question Box are directly related, for a few reasons:

Until yesterday morning, the WTS's knowledge of this CD would have been very limited. They may have known that people were getting copies of court documents, but remember, they thought the damning documents on the CD were sealed.

The QB doesn't deal with this so much as it does individuals studying on their own using outside sources that may be critical of the WTS's teachings. That is quite a different thing.

No, I think the QB coming out when it did, and the release of this CD, are mostly coincidental. It's obvious the WTS is taking massive hits from sites like this one. We have thousands of ex-JWs on here, and we probably don't have 1/20th of the people leaving. As we've discussed in other threads, we all know many, many ex-JWs who never come on here. There are lots of other groups as well, besides this one, of course.

Suffice it to say, the WTS is scared shitless of the Net and all the info available, and that will prompt more crackdowns like that KM. Many Witnesses will stay and obey, but they will continue to bleed away their best and brightest.

S4

• AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega

Seeker 4...

I understand what you are saying... it does seem like a coincidence, in asmuch as JWs are prevented from discussing this or checking it out for themselves now.

Well, the position in the OKM QB hasn't changed from the 60s (need to check ref) but it just seems like a timely reminder.

Or maybe I am seeing patterns where none exsist. Easy done with hindsight

• sir82
    sir82
    they thought the damning documents on the CD were sealed.

Seeker,

Just curious, how do you know they thought this? Is there an "insider" who would have known, and did not tip [you or whoever] off? Or just speculating?

If true, it makes this all the more interesting. Imagine the gob-smacked looks and all the emergency board meetings yesterday & today, working out damage control.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Sir82,

I'm thinking that since the records that were obtained came from the courts, how would the WT have known? Is there a system in place that alerts a person that public records about you are being obtained and who is obtaining them? I don't know just asking the question. If they didn't know, I can imagine the chaos in Legal right now.

Seeker4,

I agree that the Sept KM QB more than likely was not in response to this release (assuming the WTS knew what was going on which it seems like it may not). However, I see either 1) another (maybe Dec or Jan) KM QB addressing this, 2) the "Kool-Aid" WT addressing this (hey guys in the Writing Dept - there's your Jan study article), or 3) a special letter to the congregations if Barb is able to get on the talk show circuit or if Dateline, etc does something with it.

If this gets any run, they'll have to do some damage control. Especially if there are documents provided by the WTS to the courts with internal letters showing that the WTS doesn't have the "best child abuse policy among any religious organization" as some apologists claim. I'm almost hesitant to read my copy because when I was an elder, I never had to handle a child abuse case (thank God) and although I would love to think I too would have raged against the machine, its hard to tell how a person would react until faced with the circumstances.

Anyway, the next months should prove very interesting.

• done4good
    done4good

Thanks Seeker4. I ordered mine.

And thank you Barbara!

Jason

• hubert
    hubert

I just ordered mine. Thanks, Barbara, and Seeker 4 and all involved.

Hubert

• bobld
    bobld

Is this the same B.Anderson that the GB/FDS ..DF for telling the world that they were full of L...? Way to go B.A. that should put them in their place.Oh,yeah the Big Guy GOD knows all your secrets gb.You can hide from man and behind your Lawyers.Go directly to R.C. confession booth and say you are sorry for slandering the R.C.s.

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit