UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• truth1
    truth1

This is a statement made by a loyal JW about her feelings on the whole NGO thing. This is a direct quote (it shows how twisted they are and how they are willing to be loyal to the organization):

"I understand how you feel, however, the UN makes its information available to the public because they want people informed about what they do. Therefore, the Society merely takes advantage of the "free" public information and uses it in their publications to keep us informed as to how this plays out regarding Bible prophecies. But, they aren't a part of the wild beast and would have no direct dealings with her because they're not signed up to be a part of the charter other religions and groups sign on to be a part of. I know if seems difficult to understand, but trust Jehovah that he knows what he's doing and "no one can check his hand." Maybe some
    things won't be explained fully to us in this system, but if we put our faith in him, he'll handle the rest. The point is that no other religous organization on this earth are doing what we do on a global basis and have insight into Bible prophecy understanding as clearly as what we do. I would think this issue of receiving public information would be relatively minor in comparision to the that the faithful & descreet slave class has been dead on in receiving holy spirit to be able to understand and decipher information to us. And true enough, there have been instances so minor in being off on something, but yet as spiritual light has been shed corrections have been made and honesty about them exists. You tell me what other religious organization or governmental organization can say that? We
    will continue to be tested in our faith as we are deep in this time of the end and it will take a lot of strenth & courage to turn away from false reasonings and what the scripture says about in the last days there will be those who will actually leave the faith due to doubt. Don't doubt, BELIEVE! I have never believed so much before as I do know in seeing world events unfold before out eyes."

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

thanks for your continous contribution
    to this thread. I'll comment more about pages 15 and 16.

As I've promised here some more quotes from the book " Babylon the

Great has fallen !" published in 1963!!

"*** bf 509-10 22 From Her Fall Till the

"Wine Press" Is Trodden ***

The effort of the imperfect human political rulers is to get all their subjects to worship them or worship the political state. Just as Babylonish religionists think that they must worship God through some image or idol, the political rulers and statesmen of this world feel that the “wild beast” of political rulership must be worshiped by means of an “image.”
    In their worship of the Devil’s visible political system they now feel it necessary to use an image in order to preserve the existence of the symbolic “wild beast.”

What, then, is the image of the wild beast? Between World War I and World War II it was the League of Nations, which at one time had as many as sixty member nations, as the worship of the image and of the wild beast was then so great.
    The League is now dead, and since World War II the “image” has been the United Nations, composed, at this writing, of 111 member nations. Since it is an image of the “wild beast” with the name-number 666, it is an image of human political imperfection and failure. It cannot succeed.

The making of the image was in direct disobedience to the outcry of the first angel with the everlasting good news: “Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of the judgment by him has arrived, and so worship the One who made the heaven and the earth.” (Revelation 14:6, 7)

Worshiping an image turns man’s worship and attention away from Jehovah God and his Messianic kingdom. The worshipers of the political state and of the League of Nations deserved punishment at the hands of God the Judge. In order to identify them, they received a mark upon the forehead and upon the hand.

How? By mentally consenting to and approving of such imperfect political institutions and by lending a hand to them through giving active cooperation.

They are clearly marked as being in opposition to Jehovah’s kingdom by his Messiah.

Babylon the Great worships the wild beast and its image and thus has received the mark in forehead and hand.

The fact is, the most aggressive member in Great Babylon, namely, Christendom, heartily backed up the formation of the League of Nations, as proposed by the Anglo-American World Power in 1918. In January of 1919 the National Council of Churches of Christ in America termed the proposed League of Nations “the political expression of the kingdom of God on earth.”

Therefore Babylon the Great deserved to be made to “drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of his wrath.” The beginning of her drinking this undiluted wine of God’s anger was when Great Babylon fell in 1919. Her fall was marked by the liberation of Jehovah’s witnesses in that year, an event that chagrined and tormented her very much."

As I wrote to Stealth, ...I don't think these quotes need

any comment. Btw, Truth 1, this information should help

this "loyal JW " to ...open his eyes a bit more!

Trevor Scott: thanks for the information about other

religious " allegiance " of the WTBS. As I've stated the

"CESNUR " organisation contain a wealth of information

about these " ...religious minorities " and their mutual

support ...including legal defense.

One of main " Directors " of CESNUR is Massimo INTROVIGNE.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello again,

I think this information, posted by KENT -

whom I do thanks for the research - has some bearing in this

thread because it shows that NGO's can RECEIVE money or if

like foreign contributions...!

Again, which society is listed? Yes you have guessed right:

the W T B S !!!

Here is the information:

"------------------------------------------
    http://www.hvk.org/articles/0699/50.html
    ------------------------------------
    Christian NGOs hog foreign contributions: Report
    Srinand Jha
    The Observer
    June 17, 1999

Messages sorted by: [ author ] [ publication ] [ subject ] [ thread ]
    Next message: Operation Vijay changes tack to target intruders' supply lines
    Previous message: My experience with Sonia Gandhi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title: Christian NGOs hog foreign contributions: Report
    Author: Srinand Jha
    Publication: The Observer
    Date: June 17, 1999

It might not be entirely accurate to categorise organisations as being
    'Hindu' or 'Christian,' but it would also not be too far away from the
    truth to assert that voluntary organisations in India, having
    inclination towards promoting Christianity, have willy nilly been
    amongst the biggest beneficiaries of contributions from foreign
    countries over the years.

At the same time, the so-called 'Hindu' organisations have also been
    hugely benefiting by way of foreign donations, as is revealed in the
    latest annual report on the receipt of foreign contributions by
    voluntary organisations.

For instance, the report brings out the fact that for the fifth year
    running, the Maharishi Ved Vigyan Vishwa Vidyapeetham of Andhra
    Pradesh, has once again topped the list as the recipient of the
    highest amount of foreign funds, totalling Rs 5,64,693,000 during
    1997-98.

At the same time, no less than 12 such Christian organisations have
    found a place in the list of top 25 recipient organisations during the
    same period while donations, in majority of cases, have expectedly
    come from Christian missionary organisations having headquarters in
    Europe or elsewhere.

The missionary organisations included in the top 25 recipients list
    for 1997-98, incidentally, includes five Delhi-based organisations,
    three from Karnataka and one each from Tamil Nadu, West Bengal,
    Maharashtra and Kerala. Delhi based organisations are: The Foster
    Parents Plan International (Rs 44,34,21000), the SOS Children's
    Villages of India (Rs 20,29,90000), the Churches Auxiliary for Social
    Action (Rs 20,09,79000), the Holistic Child Development of India (Rs
    12,71,47000) and the Indian Society of Churches of Jesus Christ (Rs
    12,61,46000).

Besides, the list includes the names of three Karnataka-based
    organisations: The CSI Council for Child Care (Rs 24,69,16000), the
    Christian Children Fund (Rs 24,22,34000) and the India Campus Crusade
    for Christ (Rs 12,34,14000).

The other such organisations included in the list are: the Tamil
    Nadu-based World Vision of India (Rs 35,15,39000), the Missionaries of
    Charity of West Bengal (Rs 17,28,45000), the Watch Tower Bible Tract
    Society of India of Maharashtra (Rs 14,60,90000) and the Kerala-based
    Gospel for Asia (Rs 14,44,26000).

The report, meanwhile, brings out the names of the following
    missionary organisations among the 25 major foreign donors during the
    year. The Christian Children Fund of USA (Rs 64,78,30000), the
    Evangelische Zentraistelle (EZE) of Germany (Rs 59,02,56000), the
    World Visions International of USA (Rs 37,54,90000), the Inter Church
    Co-ord Committee of Netherlands (Rs 23,01,75000), the Opera Don Bosco
    of Italy (Rs 19,90,77000), the Christian Aid of UK (Rs 19,47,42000),
    the Bread for the World of Germany (Rs 16,03,93000) and the Mission
    Prokure of Germany (Rs 15,32,71000).

Incidentally, as officials of the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act
    (FCRA) point out, it would be incorrect to term any organisation as
    being specifically a religious or a missionary organisation as a
    majority of organisations have been known to indicate more than one
    form of activity while registering their names. Besides, even if the
    case were to be that the Christian organisations were the ones
    benefiting the most by way of foreign contributions, the argument can
    evidently be seen to be working both ways. It can be stated, for
    example, that the Christian organisations were receiving a lion's
    share of the foreign contributions because these are the organisations
    that are mostly engaged in social work and welfare activities. It
    can, at the same time, also be alleged that foreign funds were being
    utilised by Christian organisations to take forward the aim of the
    evangelising India.

During 1997-98, incidentally, foreign contributions totalling Rs
    2864.51 crore was received by the 12,198 registered organisations.
    The Union territory of Delhi reported the highest receipt of foreign
    contribution (Rs 418.52 crore) followed by Tamil Nadu (Rs 416.64
    crore), Andhra Pradesh (Rs 398.08 crore), Maharashtra (Rs 323.52
    crore), Karnataka (Rs 315.88 crore) and Kerala (RS 255.38 crore).

The four states of South India were reported to have the highest
    number of associations (5732) and these associations were also
    reported to have received the highest amount of foreign contribution
    (Rs 1396.65 crore) followed by the Northern zone (Rs 607.01 crore
    reported by 1539 associations), Western zone (Rs 431.78 crore reported
    by 1786 associations), Eastern Zone (Rs 228.53 crore reported by 1630
    associations) and Central Zone (Rs 200.54 crore reported by 1511
    associations).

The list of donor countries, meanwhile, is headed by the USA (Rs
    731.07 crore) followed by Germany (Rs 577.08 crore), UK (Rs 376.47
    crore), Italy (Rs 198.47 crore) and Netherlands (Rs 169.66 crore).

The highest amount of foreign contribution, meanwhile, has been
    received for activities connected with Health and Family Welfare (Rs
    306.43 crore) followed by construction/extension of schools/colleges
    (Rs 290.01 crore) and Rural Development (Rs 279.91 crore).

During the year, incidentally, a total of 35 associations received
    foreign contribution in the excess of Rs 10 crore while 69
    associations received between Rs 5 crore and Rs 10 crore and 536
    associations received between Rs 1 crore and Rs 5 crore."

• rem
    rem

Perhaps the Society should slightly change the purpose statement on the inside cover of the Awake! magazine? Here is a thought:

Why Awake! is published. Awake! is for the enlightenment of the entire family. It shows how to cope with today's problems. It reports the news, tells about people in many lands, examines religion and science. But it does more. It probes beneath the surface and points to the real meaning behind current events, yet it always stays politically neutral and does not exalt one race above another. Most important, this magazine builds confidence in the Creator's promise of a peaceful and secure new world that is about to replace the present wicked, lawless system of things. Awake! is also instrumental in dispensing information and promoting the charter of the United Nations. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, which publishes this journal, has aligned itself with the United Nations as an Non-Governmental Association associated with the Department of Public Information since 1991.

At least it would be a bit more honest. ;)

rem

"Most people would rather die than think; in fact, they do so."
    ..........Bertrand Russell

• Trevor Scott
    Trevor Scott

truth1:

Thanks for posting.

I would think this issue of receiving public information would be relatively minor in comparision to the that the faithful & descreet slave class has been dead on in receiving holy spirit to be able to understand and decipher information to us.

I agree, the issue of "receiving public information" is relatively minor, at least in comparison to the Watchtower Society's commitment to "support the work of the United Nations [aka, scarlet beast]."

The rest of the letter makes for a good laugh, about the "faithful" and "discreet" slave being "dead on" in understanding and deciphering information (lol).

Mac:

Thanks for the great post. Very informative (but not surprising).

rem:

good one.

TS,

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

Truth1,

Ask the brain dead the following:

So uh if she as a JW got up in front of the the hall and stated that she voluntarily solicited a department of the United Nations and became "associated" and a "partner" of the United Nations to distribute UN literature that promotes the UN and as part of the agreement he/she VOLUNTARILY agreed to support the United Nations charter knowing full well that Jehovah God says its a "sin" based on the Oct 1/95 WT and many more articles put out by the Governing Body , just what the hell would happen??

Can you say automatic Disassociation!

Also if those people rotting in jail over refusing MANDITORY (not voluntary) MILITARY DUTY change their minds and do the duty what would happen?

Can you say automatic Disassociation!

So how come a Governing Body or Bethal member who are also JWs and must adhere to the Watchtower and Jehovah God, don't get Disassociated?

hawk

• truth1
    truth1

Yeah, it's also funny how my mother who never calls me because it's long distance, has called me 4 times in the last week regarding this NGO thing all because last week I asked her if she thought it was right or wrong. (She basically feels the same as my sister, that there's nothing wrong with giving out information about the UN or them being an NGO). Then she had the nerve to tell me because I was telling her this information and saying I did not think it was right, that I was sinning against the holy spirit (basically for talking against the Society); then she told me to just "give it up" and stop nit-picking. Well, from now on I will leave it up to Jehovah to reveal these things to her and my sister, the real truth.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

truth1,

:Well, from now on I will leave it up to Jehovah to reveal these things to her and my sister, the real truth.

Don't give up. Three years ago I felt the same. Now my sister has essentially quit because the UN thing was the straw that broke the camel's back and my Mom is firing off letters to the WTS almost weekly demanding answers. It's a long road, but she is your Mom; calling you 4 times in the last week means that you have made an impact. Don't give up; be nice, logical, calm and unfrustrated and you will win out. Look at it this way "without a word you will win her over." You have nothing to lose and all to gain. Once I realized that my own impatience was the thing that bothered and hindered me it was easy thereafter. Except for the impatience!!!

T.

• Leander
    Leander

I just shared the information with my wife about the Society and the UN. She then replied that this situation was no different than Paul making use of the goverment to further the preaching work. Thats when I mentioned that the Society as a NGO is required to promote the ideals of the UN. Well at this point she asked me to show her where in the magazines or publications did the Society support the UN. Since I could'nt provide her with any proof she left for the meeting on a triumphant note. However when she got home I kind of gave her a shock because right on the Society's website is a charter of the UN's stance on the rights of children. After seeing that webpage she got quiet and so I thought it wise to change the subject, but I think the point was made.

For anyone interested in those webpages just follow these 2 links

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/12/8/diagram_01.htm

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/12/8/article_03.htm - Notice what is said at towards the bottom of the page. Better yet I'll paste the paragraph below:

Under God's Kingdom humans will be enabled to rear children in a balanced way. (Job 33:24-26) <b>Young folks will be raised in the spirit of peace and universal brotherhood, the ideal set forth in the UN Declaration of the Rights of the Child.</b> (Psalm 46:8, 9) Never again will there be the need for an International Year of the Child or for a Convention on the Rights of the Child.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello Leander,

thanks for your post.

I'll come back with comments.

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

Share this

Google+
Pinterest