UNITED NATIONS , NGO's and WTBS

by MacHislopp 501 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• alamb
    alamb

Just a thought...some are using this opportunity to disassociate themselves from the WBTS in a formal letter in the local newspaper. Including, of course, full explanation of the UN situation among others. Great opportunity for free coverage!

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

this is the answer – by e-mail - I did receive from the
    United Nations DPI dept. :

To : "James Charles MacHislopp" < [email protected]>
    Subject : Re: Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of New York
    Date : Wed, 17 Oct 2001 17:18:49 -0400

To Whom It May Concern: Recently the NGO Section had been receiving numerous inquiriesregarding the association of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of NewYork with the Department of Public Information (DPI). This organizationapplied for association with DPI in 1991 and was granted association in1992. By accepting association with DPI, the organization agreed to meetcriteria for association, including support and respect of the principlesof the Charter of the United Nations and commitment and means to conducteffective information programmes with its constituents and to a broaderaudience about UN activities. In October 2001, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New Yorkrequested termination of its association with DPI. Following this request,the DPI has made a decision to disassociate the Watchtower Bible and TractSociety of New York as of 9 October 2001. We appreciate your interest in the work of the United Nations.
    Yours sincerely,
    Paul Hoeffel Chief NGO Section Department of Public Information

I don't think that there is any need for comments!!!

Greetings, J.C.MacHislopp

P.S. Please post in this thread the answer you have
    received.

Alamb: Great comment!

" One who has an accurate knowledge
    of God's Word will have no problem
    in refuting false religious ideas".

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

PING!!!!!

MacH's Email is the letter I received from Paul Hoeffel. You may view it on the other thread and of course at Kent's site ( http://www.watchtower.observer.org ) and Randy's site ( http://www.freeminds.org )

To verify letter please Phone Paul Hoeffel at 212-963-8070.

I am wondering if we keep it up that they will issue a press release quicker than DPI would like too. Keep up the pressure folks and keep trying the press too. That stupid anthrax stuff is bound to stop making headlines sometime in the near future.

hawk

• zev
    zev

wanna know what this is?

this is a shameless bump up, by one of the men who started it all....

bump!

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• outnfree
    outnfree

and another bump!

outnfree

Par dessus toutes choses, soyez bons. La bonte est ce qui ressemble le plus a Dieu et ce qui desarme le plus les hommes -- Lacordaire

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Hi, All,

I've been following these threads with intense interest, even though I haven't said much. Maybe its time I do.

I've taken Investigator's news release (slightly modified, with her permission) and sent it to the Portland Oregonian and the Eugene Register-Guard here in Oregon. They are the two biggest papers here in the state. I followed up with telephone calls the next day. My reception was friendly and interested.

As Investigator asked if anyone would volunteer as a "Contact Person", I volunteered and am volunteering in the same capacity should anyone else need one. I'm already "out" in that they know who I am and how I feel. Nothing would make my day more than to have them come after me.

Some of you may remember some very blunt posts I put on the old H2O board about a year ago. Shortly after that time four high-octane elders moved into this backwater congregation from San Francisco. They immediately became very friendly with my wife and children (who are still active in the congregation). It turns out that at least one of them has direct ties deep within the Society, having been a researcher for the writing department. He's also written articles for the Awake! magazine, and appears to be used occasionally as a "trouble shooter" by the organization.

Now, don't get the wrong idea here. Their treatment of my family and this congregation has been such that I would say that most of us on this board would still be in the organization if you had received it too. I've seen nothing from any of them that couldn't be classified as thoughtful, caring, and considerate. This is amazing to me, as I am also absolutely positive that they know exactly where I stand. (I hand delivered it in writing.)

At any rate, since then we have had some high officials come in and give special talks in this congregation. Greg Olds of the Legal Department came first and gave talks both Saturday and Sunday. The Saturday talk was a situation report about child custody cases and other legal problems, and how the R&F could count on Legal to help them out. A short time later Abrahamson, the Secretary/Treasurer of the WTBTS (forgot which corporation) came and gave two more talks. The Saturday one was about "How Can We Say We Are Guided by Holy Spirit When We Aren't Inspired". It was an hour and a half long and somewhere in the middle he said that "we could say that because the Bible is inspired, and we follow the Bible." Ooookaaay..........

A third was scheduled to come, but the events of 09/11 messed up the travel arrangements. I never did hear his name or subject.

A week or two ago I wrote up a brief synopsis of this UN/WTBTS situation (including both the addresses for the DPI requirements and this thread) and gave it to the main man. (I'll post it on the board if anyone's interested.) He was shocked and dismayed, but did me the honor of not insulting my intelligence by trying to claim it was all a plot concocted by the "apostates". Instead, he took it seriously, saying emphatically, "We're going to get to the bottom of this!", and promising to get back to me. He hasn't yet, although he did get back to my cousin Jack who has been around the Society all of his life, but never in it. His mother is here, in her eighties, and in an uproar over his suggesting that the WTBTS would have anything at all to do with the UN.

His answer to Jack (and his Mom) came in 4 phone calls on four separate days!!! The upshot of the answer was that he didn't know all of the situation yet, but that 1. Yes, the Organization had been an NGO, and 2. He was trying to see if the rules for participation had been changed since 1991 and the Society didn't realize it. That information is being sent to him and he should be receiving it about now. I think that he hasn't answered me yet as he knows full well that I'm ahead of him and will catch him up if his info isn't accurate.

Now, back to the news releases. My thought is that it is more likely that the editors will show a little more interest if more than one of us contact them and enthusiastically inquire about it. Anyone is welcome to use my name as a contact man:

Tom Howell
    541 946-1231
    [email protected]

If you introduce yourself, ask them to keep your identity confidential, and they should respect that. It wouldn't hurt to let them know why you want it confidential and the consequences to you if it isn't.

I'm going to call again tomorrow and try to get the names of the editors and reporters that would be handling these articles. I'll let you know the results tomorrow night. Anyone interested in encouraging them in this regard please contact me by email. I would think that a little coordination would be helpful.

To all of you who have worked so hard to dig out the truth of this matter --- Thank You!! Be assured that it will be used agressively.

There is much more that could be said, but I don't want to reveal too much. Hope this brightens your day a bit.

Tom Howell
    Alias: LoneWolf

P.S. I'm going to try to post this on the other thread too, but it hasn't been coming up properly for me. The site and all the posts are there, but there's no writing in the boxes!

• zev
    zev

is the "service" dept the correct dept for our letters to them concerning this issue the correct one for them to go to?

-Zev
    -August 8th, 2001 - The day the lambs ROARED

• battman
    battman

A bump back to the top for this significant
    thread

battman

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello everyone,

following Kent ...kind information,

I did e-mail to the United Nations DPI, the WTBS and
    S. Bates of the « Guardian « . Now I’ve sent the same

letter to the following :

2)

Mark Leigh and Paul Gillies

Public Affairs Office for Jehovah's Witnesses

Watch Tower House

The Ridgeway

LONDON NW7 1RN

Tel: 020 8906 2211

Fax:020 8371 0051

e-mail: [email protected] *****

3)

Donald Ridley,

Legal Department,

Watch Tower Society,

Patterson,
    New York

Tel: 001 914 306 1000;

Fax: 001 914 306 0709;

Email: [email protected] ****

4)
    "Kathleen APLTAUER" < [email protected], ****

5)

"W. Glen HOW" < [email protected] *****

6)

"Jim ANDRIK" < [email protected] ****

7)

"James PELLECHIA" < [email protected] *****

8)
    "Caroline WAH" < [email protected] *****

9)

"John M. BURNS" < [email protected] *****

10)
    "Michael E. LEWIS" < [email protected] *****

11)

"Philip BRUMLEY" < [email protected] ******

"Stephen MORRIS" < [email protected] *****

13)
    "Greg OLDS" < [email protected] *****

14)
    Willi K. Pohl [email protected] *****

15)

Richard Kelsey [email protected] ******

16)

Raymon Templeton [email protected] *****

17)

Bernd Klar [email protected] *****

18)

Uwe Langhals [email protected] ******

19)
    Johannes Wrobel [email protected] *****

20)

Dr.Detlef Garbe [email protected] *****

21)

Gabriele Yonan [email protected] *****

22)

Fritz Poppenberg [email protected] ******

23)

Richard Krispens [email protected] ******

24)

Hans Wurst [email protected] ******

25)

[email protected] *****

26)

Wrobel, Johannes [email protected] *****

27)

[email protected] ******

I’ll post any answer that I’ll receive.

P.S. Kent, I do believe that some e-mail add.
    are not accurate.

• MacHislopp
    MacHislopp

Hello LoneWolf,
    thanks for your excellent work.

I'm willing to help with the news media; if you

think I could be useful you can use my name and

e-mail add.

P.S. I'm waiting...for more news ( and the others too)!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit