Whats the worst dish you ever served???

by Tez 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• jgnat
    jgnat

Ooooh, you guys have me laughing so hard.

I experiment a lot, plus I multi-task. i.e. read a book while watching the stove. So my big failures are around burning the food or modifying the recipe a TCH too far.

The biggest failure my CHILDREN remember was when I was on my last diet. I was a BIG fan of Quark (soft white unripened cheese, no fat) and I tried sneaking it in to everything. I committed the unforgiveable. I modified their Mac and Cheese.

They never forgave me, and forked over their dinners looking for nasty surprises for months afterwards.

• calico
    calico

I once made a rubber omelet!!!

ROFLMAO at liver stroganoff

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I grilled chicken on the BBQ grill and way over cooked it - it was a dry as a kangaroos jockstrap. It had no succulence at all

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

I made a chicken curry once from some curry powder that a friend had brought back from Morocco. It was in a little plastic sandwich bag and when I went to add it to the mix, the whole bag broke open over the stock pot and the entire contents dumped in. Needless to say, it was not the most palatable dinner to ever grace my table. The sad thing was, I had about ten guests over to help me eat it. Regardless of my protests, they all felt that they had to be polite and eat it anyway. My whole house REEKED of curry for weeks. Since that time, I have not been able to get any of those folks over again for dinner. Oh well, their loss as I really am pretty handy in the kitchen.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

My Mom once put chicken noodle soup in the coffee maker.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

My biggest problem is getting distracted on the computer and letting something burn. Doesn't happen often, but I have thrown away a few pots and pans over the years. The story I have to tell, though, is on my partner's mom. She had her granddaughter staying overnight (Maddie) and Maddie asked her for some milk. We grandma didn't have any milk, but she had some half and half for her coffee. So she thought I'll just pour a glass half full of this and then add water, she'll never know the difference. HA! Maddie took one sip of that and spit it clear across the room. I dare any of you to try that, YUCKERS!!!

Sherry

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

When I was just a teenager and in my first marriage, my husband at the time was a hunter. He shot a bunch of ducks with his riffle. Which of course left alot of bebe's inside the ducks. I didn't know how to make anything back then anyway. We had the speaker over for sunday dinner and I baked up these ducks and we served them "as is" and warned them to look out for the bebe's. Looking back now I am so embarrassed. Those poor people who had to eat them.....

• jgnat
    jgnat

bttt because this is so darn funny....

• jgnat
    jgnat

lololol. "Pleasant lemony scent."

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I've experimented a lot with recipes over the years. This one I 86'd, instead of eating or anything else for that matter.

I noticed one time, when my kids were in their teens that a liquor company was sponsoring a recipe contest. We'd invested in an electric ice cream maker and were truly enjoying home made peppermint ice cream around this time. So I thought.....peppermint ice cream....Schnapps has a peppermint flavor!!! I'll make Peppermint Schnapps ice cream for the recipe contest!!!

I crushed the peppermint and carefully folded it into the ice cream in the ice cream maker.....along with the peppermint Schnapps.

It tasted TOTALLY like Pepto Bismol! My kids wouldn't even eat it.

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit