Whats the worst dish you ever served???

by Tez 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tez
    Tez

I am a reasonable cook when I can be bothered (as Paulj will hopefully confirm) but often resort to quick and easy methods, packet mixes, tins etc.. whereas my parner is a brilliant cook!! leave him in the kitchen for a little while and he produces something from scratch that is delicious. So today I decided to extend my culinary skills! and make Chilli con Carne from scratch! He left the kitchen (as he has a tendency to interfere!) So added the mince, onions, garlic to pan, left to brown, then added the tomatoes, puree, pepper, chilli powder and stock.. Mmmm texture not quite right but leave and see how it turns out... Smell not quite what I expected but never mind, be patient!! In the meantime where's the coffee that I started to make??? oh and why is the stock still sitting there??? Uh Oh.. you guessed it, I added my cup of coffee instead of the stock!!! Duh!!!! and how did my parner react

He fell on the floor laughing!!!

My only excuse is I have PMT!! whats the worst dish you ever served or in the case of fellow females out there your worst pmt moment???

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

I made the fluffiest pancakes in the world for my husband one morning..........I substituted baking soda for the baking POWDER!!! LOL! What's soooo funny is he kept saying how delicious they were and I was sooo proud of how fluffy they looked........til I tasted one!!!!! OMG!!! I couldn't believe he was eating them cuz they were sooo salty!!! Terri

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I made a chinese dish called beggars chicken for my chinese bro in law. Took hrs and looked sensational. Broke open the outer shell surrounding the chicken, all perfect. Tasted it.... Somehow I must have put a cup of SALT in it!!! That is the one and only time I have thrown a dish against a wall ?!#@

We had stir fry

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I guess it's not exactly a "dish", but Gina wasn't feeling well and wanted a cup of tea. So, I went to the kitchen to find that we had tea, but no sugar. I thought maybe honey, but no, no honey. Sweet, sweet, something sweet...

Grape jelly! That's sweet!

I dolloped a glob or two of jelly in the hot tea, stirred and smooshed until it seemed to mostly disolve, and served it.

She... failed to appreciate my ability to think "outside of the box".

Dave

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

I was 19 or 20 and had some friends over for supper. I made a stir fry. I failed to realize though how hot the peppers where that I put in. I think I put 4 or 5 of them in. It was hot! But everyone ate it.

That was the first time though, that something I had eaten burned on the way out as well, and I wasn't the only one who experienced that either.

Kwin

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

LMFAO @ kwin!!!!

luv, jojo

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

One time I served this stuff that was supposed to be really good, but it turned out to be maggot-filled and disease ridden. It was called "Spiritual Food" so I figured it would be great. Boy, was I ever wrong!

• Cady
    Cady

I made blueberry-oat muffins for a potluck. Well, they'd just come out of the oven before I left and I put a towel over the top of the container so they'd stay warm. My friend went over to get one; when he came back and the muffin looked as if he'd fought a mountain lion for it I realized that the heat and moisture (sealed in nicely by the towel) had cemented them to each other rather permanently.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier
    That was the first time though, that something I had eaten burned on the way out as well, and I wasn't the only one who experienced that either.

(( Kwin )) Now you know why they call it "twice burning".

Me? I'm purfekt. I never make THOSE kind of misteaks. Just more often than I care to admit to. Not PMT, just brain fartage.

Most recent was baking cookies on a cookie sheet that I got just the tiniest bit of garlic powder on... MmmMMmmmMMMmm Garlic Oatmeal Cookies! At least they aren't the ones I sent to work with Kevan.

• Ellie
    Ellie

Yum, your description of the chilli con carne sounds delicious, until you added the coffee ofcourse.

Worst dish I've served is probably one of those stir fry things you buy at the supermarket, they taste like cardboard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit