Whats the worst dish you ever served???

by Tez 53 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

REVENGE....

I made the mistake of serving it Luke-Warm.

-Eduardo Leaton Jr., Esq.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    So, when I got married, I was used to cooking for my family and for company, and not for two. I would make 6 pork chops for the two of us. A whole chicken or two. A big pot of spaghetti. It goes on and on. It took me a few months to downsize my cooking portions. We still laugh at the big dinners I made for just the two of us. I was only 17, but had good training to cook.

Marilyn,

I still do this. I'm in my mid-30's and have NEVER figured out how to downsize a meal. So I've learned to just keep doing it and run with it. I've got leftovers for the next day's lunch and if there's more it goes in the freezer. I usually only have to cook about three times a week now. My biggest hurdle was teaching Mozz how to eat leftovers. At his home growing up, extra food was tossed in the trash. (Grrr! So wasteful!) So he NEVER ate leftovers growing up and never did when he lived on his own either. He thought it was gross to eat leftover food. But it took maybe one Italian meal and one Mexican meal to make him realize that some leftovers are better than when they're fresh. Now I don't have an issue getting him to eat anything. He loves all food - fresh or leftover. Now if I could just get the boy to gain some weight we'd be good. He's got a VERY high metabolism - can't gain weight to save his life. (6 foot tall, 140 lbs.)

Andi

• knot4me
    knot4me

I made a spicey jalapeno pesto with noodles the day after my husband spent all night praying to the porcilyn gods. Needless to say he wouldn't even try it. I guess I wasn't thinking clearly.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I had a Thanksgiving dinner and a guest brought stuffing. Well Not being used to stuffing...I did not know you had to bake it.. So I just served it how it was. People poured warm gravy on it, so I guess it did not seem cold.

I kept thinking that it was the crappiest stuffing I had ever tasted, but I did not want to offend the lady who brought it. Finally, after everyone ate, she decided she would have just a little of what she brought. Well she about died, and I was so embarrased. We all had a great laugh. Now I make the stuffing. (make sure it is cooked) I have about 7 or 8 Thanksgivings under my belt now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit