Folklore, superstitions.... or NOT???

by hibiscusfire 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• glitter
    glitter

Are you 100% sure?

The same condition affects girls too.

I stopped that then because I was told it would grow back thicker than how it was....and it did....so silly of me.

No it didn't. As the hair was short and stubbly it *felt* rougher.

This site explains it: http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/hairgrow.asp

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

No it didn't. As the hair was short and stubbly it *felt* rougher.

Well I've seen with my own eyes what happens to people when they shave.

There is this lady who has a hormonal imbalance, she made a terrible mistake and shaved the hair under her chin...it grows thicker than how it used to be.

People who shave thier eyebrows - the hair grows back thicker and end up looking like Bert.

hibie

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yes Hibie I am sure they were on a few shows that I watched, it was a few years ago now but they were shows like 20/20, dateline...etc Opera even might have had them on years ago! At the time they were only young boys.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The hairy boys from Mexico have a genetic condition - it has nothing to do with someone shaving their bodies.

Good lord

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    People who shave thier eyebrows - the hair grows back thicker and end up looking like Bert.

I'm going to start collecting stupid comments. The one above is a prime example.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

oh my god

There is this lady who has a hormonal imbalance, she made a terrible mistake and shaved the hair under her chin...it grows thicker than how it used to be.

There's another one. Could it be that her chin got hairier because of her hormone imbalance and not the razor? I think so. Even if she had never shaved, because of her condition her chin with get hairier.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Look what I found on a women's site about hairy chins:

I've found a site that may be useful to some women with body hair problems. http://hirsutism.homestead.com There is a link at the bottom of the page to a cream that is supposed to help with 'hairy chins'..it's called 'eflornithine cream',not sure which parts of the world it's available in.. I was told my body hair problem was hormone related, and it wasn't investigated further; at 31 yrs old and having just had treatment for endometriosis, they're now looking into the possible link with an adrenal gland problem for the excessive body hair.. If your not having much success with hormone pill treatments for body hair perhaps ask the doctor to check other health problems for a possible link. best wishes.

No where on that site will you find anything to the myth that shaving will increase the amount of hair. Unwanted hair on women happens for other reasons than the razor.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I'm going to start collecting stupid comments. The one above is a prime example.

This comment is in itself very stupid .

Hibie

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Gotcha!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

silly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit