Folklore, superstitions.... or NOT???

by hibiscusfire 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• kid-A
    kid-A

Thats the irony of it, the JWs swear off all the "pagan" holidays, etc etc, yet are perhaps the most superstitious people I have ever met!!

Talking demonic smurfs, "demonized" antiques being bought at garage sales,,, and of course, all mental illness is due to demonic influences!!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Have I expressed how much the sh** I think daystar is? If not DAYSTAR IS THE SH**

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Have I expressed how much the sh** I think daystar is? If not DAYSTAR IS THE SH**

I don't get it

• delilah
    delilah

Right on Kid-A....I've often thought the witlesses put FAR too much emphasis and blame on the 'ole Devil....my mom has used that excuse SO many times, when ever things don't go right, "it must be the china cabinet we picked up from the antique store"...yup. uh huh....give it to me mom.

Delilah

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:What do you consider superstitious beliefs?

Christianity.

GBL

• daystar
    daystar

coolhandluke

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I thought you were catholic! If you don't mind me asking... What religion are you?

No I'm not a catholic. ..I was born a human being and you know what?

God is my Creator and Everlasting Father.

I am a full gospel believer in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. Jesus was not a religion but He is Lord. So to describe my "religion" let's just say it's that ole time religion. I am blessed.

God bless you.

Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Someone just told me yellow lighters are bad luck

Ok the sun is more or less yellow right and so is fire basically speaking.

Now the saying is "Yellow yellow you kiss yo fellow"

And you know what? If you light that yellow lighter in the wrong place in the wrong time you would have an accident....isn't that so?

And if you light that yellow lighter in the right place in the right time you might end up with

bar-b-qued chicken wings....get it?

And by the way luck is a superstition.

Hibie

• Legolas
    Legolas

"On Sabbath I got that Ole Time

Religion"

"On Sabbath I got that ole time religion..."

"On Sabbath I got that ole time religion..."

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

Legolas, the comment stemmed from:

I am almost scared to ask....But I have to....'What can it represent?'
    It's like, I'm seeing a car crash about to happen and just can't keep my eyes off of it.

and

Well I still like it even though they don't show it on TV anymore but it's about the spells and so forth. Especially with Gargamel and Papa Smurf. It may not just be fictitious.
    Is the eye-roll apparent enough? *and daystar moves on to other things*
    its just pure comedy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit