Folklore, superstitions.... or NOT???

by hibiscusfire 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

JW may have it's share of folklore but it's not only JW's.

There are many things people believe in that are superstitious or is it really?

How would you know?

What do you consider superstitious beliefs?

folklore, taboos, bizarre beliefs,omens,
    lucky & unlucky things,old wives tales.

There are many things people do to hurt others.

Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

If you break a mirror it means 7 years bad luck.

Do you believe this silliness?

Hibe

• Legolas
    Legolas

Hibie did you read the other thread? or know about the 'Smurfs'?

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I liked watching the Smurfs...until I heard about what it truely can represent.

Hibie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There are many things people do to hurt others.

I agree. An old girlfriend of mine was superstitous. One time she threw salt over her shoulder and got me right in the eye.

I'm not sure what the salt over the shoulder was supposed to accomplish. If she was trying to chase away demons I guess it worked. We broke up a few weeks later.

W

• Legolas
    Legolas

I liked watching the Smurfs...until I heard about what it truely can represent.

Hibie

I am almost scared to ask....But I have to....'What can it represent?'

• daystar
    daystar

It's like, I'm seeing a car crash about to happen and just can't keep my eyes off of it.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

I'm not sure what the salt over the shoulder was supposed to accomplish. If she was trying to chase away demons I guess it worked. We broke up a few weeks later.

Some people believe that Judas spilt salt during the last supper.

Back then Salt was very precious and expensive in the middle ages. It was also used as a medicine. If you spilled any, you must immediately throw it over your left shoulder to strike the nasty spirits in the eye, to prevent sickness. Or it is said if you spill it when you die you will have to pick it up with your eyes. After a funeral people throw salt. They also throw salt in the home to ward off evil.

Hibie

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien
    There are many things people believe in that are superstitious or is it really?

yes, if there is no evidence or data to substantiate a claim or belief in a superstition, or anything else that is supernatural, it is most likely a load of crap and should be treated as such!

Sincerely,

TS

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit