Folklore, superstitions.... or NOT???

by hibiscusfire 89 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• glitter
    glitter

Another reason people say "God bless you" when somebody sneezes is that in the Olden Days (ie the Black Death) a sneeze might be the first symptom of something fatal, so you'd better say a quick prayer for them just in case.

Therefore me and my friends say "Go to Hell!" when someone sneezes! Haha!

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Werewolf!!!!!!

Werewolf legends are well known. According to them, many people possessed the power to transform themselves into wolves by putting on a wolf belt. They would then roam about at night attacking their enemies or their enemies' cattle.

What do you think?

I don't believe in this.

Hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

This one is absolutely TOO CUTE to pass up.

http://www.ferryhalim.com/orisinal/g3/chicken.htm Yes that is cuuuuuute hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

ooooops wrong thread wrt the game site

hehehehhe

Hibie

• daystar
    daystar

Most superstition arises from ignorance of the truth.

http://www.mexicancircus.com/wolfboys.htm

• gladdy
    gladdy

Just when I thought I heard it all. what in the world have people associated with the smurf. This is a harmless childrens' show !

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Christians let their kids celebrate Halloween.

Proverb: "When you sup with the devil, use a long spoon."

NO true Christian would want to sup with the devil at all but yet many may do so unaware.

Halloween used to be called Samhain, and is still celebrated as an ancient pagan festival of the dead by witches all over the world!

Halloween is an occasion when the ancient gods (actually demons) are worshiped with human sacrifice.

If you allow your children to take part in Trick or Treating, costume parties, etc. you are allowing them to play on "the devil’s turf." You are opening up doorways into their young lives for evil by bringing them into a kind of "fellowship" with these ancient "gods."

hibie

Witches are real.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Therefore me and my friends say "Go to Hell!" when someone sneezes! Haha!

That's rather harsh you know. Hell is real. Heaven is real.

hibie

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Most superstition arises from ignorance of the truth.

You know when you shave hair from your body the hair grows back thicker? I believe these fellows shaved their entire face and the hair grew back thicker.

hibie

• daystar
    daystar
    Witches are real.

Sure they are. I know one who is an active Jehovah's Witness and manages to hide her clairvoyant powers from the congregation.

I also know a number of other practicing Witches. Just good people. Hmm... most of them are afraid to deal with demons though. So I don't know where this rumor comes from. I know more people who practice more Christian style of magic that deal with demons, etc. than Pagans. Mostly, Pagans (including Witches) are more interested in nature spirits.

So, you would probably do better to look for persons of the Judeo-Christian sort to have dealings with demons (exorcism, for example), etc. than outside that paradigm.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit