Americans, Do You Think it's Time to Get Out of Iraq?

by Robdar 63 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Yes, one way or another Iraq is going to deteriorate into civil war. It's just a matter of time. I dont know if we should be there smack in the middle even though we played a part or we because started the madness. I just want our people home.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    And why did we attack Germany in WW2?
    because they declared war on us?
    They didn't.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/december/11/newsid_3532000/3532401.stm

• under74
    under74

Actually, the US knew the attack was going to happen. They were looking for a way in because of money and "saving face" reasons.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

I have been of the opinion that we needed to go there all along. The issue is (always has been) is what are we going to do with this cat after we have it by the tail. Bush and Rummy never had a exit plan in place before the invasion. Again, we find that wars are best managed by the Generals and politicians just need to let the pro's figure this stuff out.

Afganistan as the first front... yep, we should have got that over with first. The US just doesnt have a cadre of professional full-time military big enough to fight wars on two fronts... the second being Iraq. True today and true in 2003 when this thing took off. Again..a case of the politics trying to manage a trade they dont know. Let the Generals do the fighting and planning.

We never have dealt with NOKOREA either. We keep a large Army tied up just keeping an eye on those folks. This weeks negotiations with the NOKO's are about what would be expected.

So... spilled milk about how we got in this mess. Now that we are there I guess we owe it to the people of Iraq to stick it out until they can regain some political stability.

Bush and Rummy have made this bloody bed... and a lot more folks die in it before it's over.

~Hill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit