Americans, Do You Think it's Time to Get Out of Iraq?

by Robdar 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

The lack of a disengagement policy or any longer-than-a-month-strategy for Iraq is mirrored with Camp XRay / Guantanamo:

America gets very little useful intelligence from the place (according to intelligence officials stationed there) and keeping it running is incredibly damaging to Americas reputation but they cannot dismantle it because it would be an admission that it was sold to the American people under false pretenses and running it wasn't justified.

So, like so many other cases (keeping known innocent women locked up in Abu Graib) they carry on with a failing system and will keep doing it until some snaps - either they are physically forced to stop by someone else or it becomes so politically damaging because of the pressure from home that abandonment becomes the least worst option.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

Once the Iraqi's stand on their own two feet, It will be time for the Americans to leave. Right now this doesn't seem to be the case as they were having problems coming to an agreement with their constitution.

• 3rdEye
    3rdEye

US troops should have been withdrawn for Iraq long ago. They were sent there based on lies, and are being kept there based on conspiracy theories, like "civil war will break out", or "terrorists will take over". No one knows what will happen when the troops come home. What we do know, is that as long as they are there occupying a sovereign country the resistance will continue, and American troops as well as British troops,and innocent Iraqis will continue to die for no reason.

• hemp lover
    hemp lover
    If we could just get the number of rapes over say 150 or 200, then I think it would be safe to pull out.

At long last, a definable goal.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

YES!!!

GET OUT OF IRAQ NOW!!! GET OUT OF ANY OTHER COUNTRY'S BUSINESS WHILE YOU'RE AT IT!!!

Talk like that would engender the following rants from anti-war folks during the civil war:

"Yeah! Get out of the South, too! Let us have our slaves again you Yankee imperialists! How dare you impose your hopeless notions of human equality on us, the free and independent South!" After all, the Constitution never said you couldn't secede!

And any Iraqi who wants Saddam back is like a black man wishing for the Boss Man to take care of him again.

And why did we attack Germany in WW2? A country that had NOTHING TO DO WITH PEARL HARBOR, and in fact was fighting our former overlords in Britain?

Anyway, much love. I am shipping out on October 4 for Army basic. Take care, yinz...

CZAR

• Perry
    Perry

You in the army Czar?

• chrissy
    chrissy

yes. YES!

Take care, yinz...

will you do me a favor and make your last meal before you go be a primanti bros. turkey sandwich and an ic light? yum. just think of me.

• one
    one

Robdar,

IIt is a geopolitical issue, power. Home Land Seucirty start at home but the whole world depend on a oil economy domintated by the USA... AND "they" feel that there will be no "Home Security" if they dont control oil producing couuntries.

"They" feeel that power and security will be lost if they allow an oil economy to change to, let's say, an hidrogen economy.

Whoever wants to become or stay as the major player, in the actual economy, will find necccessary to control Iraq and other oil producing countries... money, i mean oil, is power...

• Soledad
    Soledad
    And why did we attack Germany in WW2?

because they declared war on us?

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Yes please and stop fighting Bush's war!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit