Americans, Do You Think it's Time to Get Out of Iraq?

by Robdar 63 Replies latest jw friends

• IronGland
    IronGland
    Q. If America says it's had enough and runs home do you think ANY country would ever back any action it wants to take ever again? They would be a laughing stock IMO and be admitting that they could not deliver.

Like Britain leaving India and most of it's other colonies aside from that falklands adventure in the 80s?

• under74
    under74

I thought from the beginning that it was false and stupid. But I'm not sure what can be done now....my first instict is to say pull out but then I think our government created a huge mess and so it wouldn't be wise to leave before it's taken care of....but I just can't trust the Bush administration to take care of it--Bush decides Iraqies should get universal healthcare but doesn't offer his own people that. They were able to invade Iraq in a couple days but they couldn't drop water from a chopper in front of the superdome. I also don't have any idea how much oil is being plundered from Iraq....but I know it is. So yeah...the logical side of me says we can't run for it but it also tells me that the Bush Administration has no regard for human life and can't be trusted to just get Iraq stable.

• Perry
    Perry
    Americans, Do You Think it's Time to Get Out of Iraq?

It's so much easier to kill terrorists while we are there. And the plan is working when you consider the effects of the law of supply and demand on suicide bombers. According to one captured terrorist in London, his heavenly hope included the ability to rape 96 virgins. Military analysts note that this is up sharply from 72 just 12 months ago.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    Unfortunately Rodbar, we should have never gotten involved in the first place. Now that the US is in there, leaving will be next to impossible.

I have to agree. You broke it, you bought it. If we were to pull out now, we would leave in our wake mass turmoil. Iraq would spiral into civil war, and we would be to blame for it. We'll be in Iraq for another decade at least. They need to start clearing a spot on the National Mall for the Iraq War Memorial.

That's what happens when the country votes in a Texan with an I.Q. of 90.

• under74
    under74
    That's what happens when the country votes in a Texan with an I.Q. of 90.

His IQ is that high?

• Simon
    Simon
    Like Britain leaving India and most of it's other colonies aside from that falklands adventure in the 80s?

We left India in a much better state than when we found it. Would Ghandi's peaceful protest have worked against some other countries or would he just have had his head blown off and be listed as a collateral damage?

Most colonies were handed back on friendly terms with good relations intact. When it was recognised that the British Empire was no longer viable it was dismantled and independence granted.

We have fought over some bits but even then, like with the Falklands, there was some mutual respect given on both sides with strong friendships formed between some of those that fought against each other.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    It's so much easier to kill terrorists while we are there. And the plan is working when you consider the effects of the law of supply and demand on suicide bombers.

You actually believe all those fighting the US are "terrorists"?

• under74
    under74

I thought Perry was being sarcastic....but I thought that because of the last 2 sentences....I could be wrong. It's hard to know sometimes on the internet.

• Perry
    Perry

Let me see if I can explain this a little better. The mullahs could initially get young men to blow themselves up with a payout of 72 virgin rapings. Evidently, the demand is out stripping the supply because it is now costing Allah 96 virgin rapes to get young men to blow themselves up.

I think that if we closely monitor the number of rapes of young virgin girls that must be paid to suicide bombers, it will give us a far more accurate picture of whether or not we're winning the war on terror.

If we could just get the number of rapes over say 150 or 200, then I think it would be safe to pull out.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Simon said it just about right. They can find impeachment for a man who got a blow job, They put Martha Stewart in prison for telling a lie but G.W.Bush tells the biggest lie and noone does a damn thing. I personally cannot stand Bush & Cheney. They are both evil people.

I also think it is too late to pull out of Iraq at this time but then it leaves us in a bad position when it comes to our own land and it's security. I am not sure what can be done or will be done but I know one thing. One more Hurricane like the last one and we are going to be in a world of hurt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit