After my un-DF'ing, I have sent a letter to everyone in my hall.

by kwintestal 94 Replies latest jw experiences

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

After that one call, I haven't recieved any more, and the Theogarbage Ministry school and Service meeting is tonight, so I'm sure my letter will be the topic of discussion between at least one or two elders. Perhaps there will be some sort of special announcement about the letter, but then perhaps not. I don't expect to recieve any more calls on the matter though, quite unfortunate, but what can you do?

Carol, thank you so much for your kind words. ((((hugs))))

Kwin

• Soledad
    Soledad

Let us know what happens, if anything!

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

To Kwin: You know what your problem was? You sent a letter that actually made sense, was written by an intelligent person, and contained valid points. You see, the WT isn't used to seeing that kind of correspondence or articles. At least, certainly not from THEIR desks. So when your letter appeared in front of them, they couldn't recognize it. There was no "new light", it made sense, it was reasonable, and it told the truth. It also asked them to do something that would require that someone there have an IQ of over 60. Right there, you eliminated everyone except 3 people, who probably are assigned as maids or truck drivers. So you see, there isn't any chance that much will come of it. You also assumed that the WT was a Bible-based organization. But they are a child-raping CULT from Hell, so they couldn't comprehend the morality of what you were saying. At least you wrote it in English, which probably produced a scramble for dictionaries and extra pots of coffee to be made. If you wanted them to understand the letter, it should be written in crayon, using no words larger than one syllable and/or five letters, and it should have been signed by Jehovah God himself. But only after Jehovah got the okay to approve the letter from the GB, including Teddy-boy's signature. I'm sorry for all the hard work you put into it. Being in the field of psychology, I agree that elders are untrained baboons who shouldn't be allowed near an abuse victim. But, hey, you tried. "On 9/11, the planes hit the wrong buildings."

• upside/down
    upside/down
    "On 9/11, the planes hit the wrong buildings."

Daaaayyyyuuummmm!!!

Now that's TRUTH!

u/d (of the I'll drink to that class)

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

mcsemike, you're one funny guy/gal (???)

Kwin

• Navigator
    Navigator

Well Done! Your letter reminded me of a story in a wonderful book called "One Minute Wisdom" which Megadude was kind enough to loan me. It goes like this:

After confering with a Bishop, the Master remarked to his students that religious people have a naturally cruel streak. When the students asked why, the Master replied:

"They are far too willing to sacrifice people in order to serve a purpose".

Does that ever describe the GB?

• Odrade
    Odrade

::On 9/11, the planes hit the wrong buildings."

My parents were in those buildings on 9/11. Watched the whole thing from their side of the river. Think about it.

• out of the box
    out of the box

WOW, I am impressed with that letter! I was thinking how REAL and HONEST you were being! So VERY UN_JW of you! I admire your courage and living through the few days it took to receive a reply or some sort of response! Did you get any? Would LOVE to know what your closest JW friends thought of it! If they dared to respond!

• Andrea Wideman
    Andrea Wideman

Your letter brings to mind something that was told to me the day of my baptism. I was told to watch my kids carefully because not everyone at the assembly would be a JW. Now I know that what they should have been saying is be careful of your kids because they could be molested by a JW while at the assembly. You know the more I hear about this topic the more grateful I become that my family is out of it.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Kwin, I'm dying of curiousity -- have you heard anything?

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit