After my un-DF'ing, I have sent a letter to everyone in my hall.

by kwintestal 94 Replies latest jw experiences

• JH
    JH

Are you trying to get disfellowshipped once more?

I'll be anxious to read the outcome of this.

• shera
    shera

Good job Kwin!

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

That's BRILLIANT! I can see the vein throbbing on that elder's forehead even as we speak. The next committee meeting will consist of him yelling, "see, I told you so!" but hey, you followed THEIR rules so there isn't anything they can say!

AND you were able to reach out to a whole bunch of people who otherwise would not have listened. That's wonderful.

Keep us posted!

Nina

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

Kwin,

Spanish has a word for your letter -- excellente. Sure you'll probably get DF'd but you probably suspected that as you did the mailing.

Fats

• lawrence
    lawrence

Sean-

What an articulate letter - excellent material to make all 60 plus homes sit down and think. The feedback should be more than interesting. Great point about the DNA being compromised by these "untrained volunteers." Say hello to the family for me.

As an aside - does this mean that you won't be reading the WT this next Sunday at the hall?

• upside/down
    upside/down

He's "in"...he's "out'...nope...he's back "in"...

Dude you're definintely gonna be "OUT"....soon.

That was a sweet move...and everyone (whether they agree with you or not) will see how you "maneuvered" things.

It'll make some think...and "thinking" is very dangerous to the WTS cult.

u/d(of the you made the JC that re-instated you look like assholes...who definitely don't have HS...class)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    If the pedophile repents, and the congregation forgives a pedophile, then that’s great, however let these “brothers” serve time in prison too! That’s part of repentance.

Many people don't realize this, but a Penitentiary has its name because hundreds of years ago it was a Catholic institution where one did "Penitence" for a crime or sin. I just thought it was ironic considering the context in which it was just used.

(Sorry, that's just my Cliff Claven coming out)

• kid-A
    kid-A

Kwin, you are a dangerous man!! (and my favourite double agent!) Rock on!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

There were several reasons for sending this letter. Here are a few:

Most people know of the News interview where I spoke about child abuse. Me being undisfellowshipped may give the impression that I was "repentant" for that or have had a change of heart. This will let them know, I still am holding my ground on this issue. It adds to the insult the elder body must endure by wrongly DF'ing me.

Although I know of none, I'm sure there are rumours or some discussion as why Mrs Kwin was DF'd. This letter sets that matter straight.

My hopes are this will cause discussion among the members. Elders, and especially the WTS hates the membership talking about stuff like this.

There's others, but those are the main reasons.

I've expected to be DF'd from the minute they unDF'd me. I say, "BRING IT ON!" I wrote this with the thought that a JW would say, "This person is questioning GOD'S AUTHORITY." However a reasonable person (non-JW) will say, this person is just trying to make a good change in a group, and most would find it non-offensive. Face it, most non-JW's are used to this type of critisim of their religious leaders, and it is acceptable.

Lawrence, I forgot about that reading! Shoot! I'll just have to read it on my own here at home. You still planning on hitting the East coast this fall? We just got a new pull-out couch if you don't want to camp!

Kwin

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    That was a sweet move...and everyone (whether they agree with you or not) will see how you "maneuvered" things.

I thought it was the Holy Spirit that maneuvered things ... oh well. You're right though. I've tried to keep control right from the get-go, and this letter is another way of me keeping that control.

Elsewhere, I didn't know that. Very interesting though. Something else to keep in the vast catalouge of useless information stored in my head.

Something else that I forgot to mention was how I timed the mailing of the letter. I didn't want half the cong. to get it before the Sunday meeting, and half after, so I sent it off on Friday, so it will be delivered on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, before the Wednesday night meeting, so there will be no advance warning that these letters are going to be in the R & F's mailboxes, thus improving the chance that they are read.

Kwin

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit