If Armageddon comes and Jehovah kills you apostates

by Smiles 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

"From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee."

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Hmmm...1987...1990...well, at my Hall, they had a talk even more recently, because I remember being at LEAST 18, so that was five years ago.

• JH
    JH
    I never understood there'd be no sex in the new system---just no more children. (But of course, according to the Watchtower, sex's purpose is procreation).

So, you heard it too minimus, maybe you even preached it If you follow the logic, men in the past were allowed to have many wives, then only 1 wife, then Paul said to stay single, and now no sex in the new system.... I see a straight line here....

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    You mean to tell me that after Armeggedon and the ressurection and then the final test the earth will be FILLED?

There is nothing paradisaicâ„¢ about an earth that is filled. When I leave my house in the morning I don't want to see anyone in any direction.

W

• rebel8
    rebel8

Me too!

I think what we are seeing here is local differences in what they emphasize, not in interpretations of official WT teachings. I remember the "no marriage in the New System" teaching very clearly. I also remember a LOT of other speculation saying there would be marriage but once the earth was full J would open up other planets for habitation. I know my single friends did just that after the talks about no marriage. I think many JWs who heard the no marriage thing found it too disturbing to accept on face value and instead chose to see it as a vague doctrine open for reinterpretation. The official teachings are in print and so speak for themselves. It is obvious from all those articles--they clearly state resurrected people will not marry. No statements about those who live through the big A, thus not being a resurrected person.

So let's connect the dots. In WT beliefs, sex does not occur outside of marriage. No one can be sure of not dying before/at Armageddon and thus avoid being a resurrected person. Thus, for those unfortunate to have died at some point, they can look forward to everlasting life in a paradise earth void of sex. They may or may not watch on the sidelines while those who did live through the big A continue to have sex and marriage.

Defd, I challenge you to look up these articles for yourself. The statements are there in black and white.

• defd
    defd

"A bunch of bolony"...yeah? go tell that to the elder who did the talk two or three years ago, HE seemed pretty convinced. Believe me if I were there, I would have taken the brother aside and asked him were he got that information from.

• ButtLight
    ButtLight
    You mean to tell me that after Armeggedon and the ressurection and then the final test the earth will be FILLED?

If you look at how many people that are on the earth now, I would agree with ya! But, what does the word "filled" mean to jehovah? Maybe to him the world is overpopulated due to our imperfections! And from what I see, its only the reserected ones who will not marry. Which means they cant have sex. But the rest can to repopulate the earth. On the other hand, if god created sex for the sole purpose of populating the earth, why would he not say only have sex till you have the amount of kids you want, and dont do it anymore? Or, why would he make it pleasurable? If it werent, we would only "do it" to have kids! Sex would be like washing dishes, you only do it cause you have too!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Believe me if I were there, I would have taken the brother aside and asked him were he got that information from.

Now that's the kind of behaviour that always got me into trouble with the elders. If they can't back up their statements with the bible they take away your privileges so you'll think twice before challenging them again. W

• defd
    defd

Buttlight i really think people are over thinking this thing and are confused. If we are to fulfill Jehovahs original purpose for the earth, that is to fill it. Those who are married when they enter into the new system will have sex and have kids. Those who arent married as was said before we will have to wait and see. How hard is that, really!

• defd
    defd

I have to go home now, be back 2marrow morning bright and early

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit