If Armageddon comes and Jehovah kills you apostates

by Smiles 113 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

About the no sex/no marriage no kids in the New System...beleive me, I remember distinctly the time it was discussed at the hall. Keep in mind, that was just a few years ago, and as a single sister who expected the end to come soon, I just sat there, mouh opened, and I looked at my father with tears in my eyes. I just couldn't beleive I was to accept that. They kept saying how we don't understand now, but that we would when it happen, that we wouldn't care.( I remember the brother explaining it seemed to have trouble with the notion too) And I thought...no kids? How can we be happy without kids. It seriously helped my decision to leave.

• defd
    defd

That no sex/child thing is a bunch of bolony. No one YET has shown me otherwise. Think about this. It is Jehovahs ORIGINAL purpose for the earth to be a paradise. It is his will that it be FILLED with perfect people. You mean to tell me that after Armeggedon and the ressurection and then the final test the earth will be FILLED?

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

DefD: No, but eventually, it will! If noone is to die, eventually the earth will be filled. There will simply not be room for any more! LoL, I remember I had discussions about this with my mother. She was very much looking forward to becoming young and beautiful again, and having more children too. So she said that "Jehovah would fix it somehow". And we were not the only ones thinking about this. There were many people speculating after that artice mentioned in this thread. Some believed that eventually, we would be transported to other planets by Jehovah, so those planets could be "filled up" too. My mother didn`t like to fly, and didn`t like that solution. So she just promptly stated that God would "prbably make the earth bigger", you know expand it. Already then, with my 10th-grade knowledge of science, I knew that that wouldn`t be possible, the earth would spin out of it`s orbit, it would disrupt the entire solar system, the planets would even collide, as heavier planet need more space between them, due to increased gravity issues! I mentioned these things to her, but she just hushed me, and assured me that God would fix it.

I can honestly say that she was the stupidest woman I have ever known.

• Margie
    Margie

I think I'd ask, "Do you ever wonder what happens when you die?"

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

"A bunch of bolony"...yeah? go tell that to the elder who did the talk two or three years ago, HE seemed pretty convinced.

• joelbear
    joelbear

take care of my parents, they gave up their lives for you.

• JH
    JH
    About the no sex/no marriage no kids in the New System...beleive me, I remember distinctly the time it was discussed at the hall. Keep in mind, that was just a few years ago, and as a single sister who expected the end to come soon, I just sat there, mouh opened, and I looked at my father with tears in my eyes. I just couldn't beleive I was to accept that. They kept saying how we don't understand now, but that we would when it happen, that we wouldn't care.( I remember the brother explaining it seemed to have trouble with the notion too) And I thought...no kids? How can we be happy without kids. It seriously helped my decision to leave.

Yes it was discussed, around the 1987 to 1990 period. I was just starting out as a dub, and Yes I felt so sad that there would be no sexuality in the new system for all the resurrected ones....And now, more and more the new system is "late", we shall all be resurrected ones...and no sex for us.

• JH
    JH

...and if the elders don't know anymore, or aren't sure anymore...well, they went ahead of God's word.

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

it's so highly unlikely that this will happen. in the unlikely event that god does exist, the probability that it's jehovah is so very very unlikely.

at first i thought i might yell something like "praise jahdawkins!".

but honestly, i don't think i would say anything. like satanus, i would just look at him if i could, and take it. it's the same at that point, as being killed by a super race of aliens. when you're blind-sided like that, there isn't much to say.

TS

• minimus
    minimus

I never understood there'd be no sex in the new system---just no more children. (But of course, according to the Watchtower, sex's purpose is procreation).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit