Has there been any "New Light" on the Blood Issue?

by Mastodon 168 Replies latest watchtower medical

• rootcause
    rootcause

hello jgnat,

please do not be mislead by my scientific evidences and researches...I just wanted you to see the real thing between right and wrong, real and fraud, and how it was already written in the bible.

If you will check the bible, we were given alkili producing food in time of Adam ad Eve in general, but after the great flood either acidic or alkali forming were allowed to be eaten due to availablity of foods. But in time of Moses the separation begins. but you will notice from old testaments to new testaments we were directed to avoid and abstain from blood.

(Genesis 1:29-30) 29

And God went on to say: "Here I have given to YOU all vegetation bearing seed which is on the surface of the whole earth and every tree on which there is the fruit of a tree bearing seed. To YOU let it serve as food. 30 And to every wild beast of the earth and to every flying creature of the heavens and to everything moving upon the earth in which there is life as a soul I have given all green vegetation for food." . . .

(Genesis 9:3-4) 3 Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for YOU. As in the case of green vegetation, I do give it all to YOU. 4 Only flesh with its soul—its blood—YOU must not eat.

(Leviticus 11:1-47)

And Jehovah proceeded to speak to Moses and Aaron, saying to them: 2 "Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘This is the living creature that YOU may eat of all the beasts that are upon the earth: 3 Every creature that splits the hoof and forms a cleft in the hoofs and chews the cud among the beasts, that is what YOU may eat. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Mosaic law ended after Jesus made the supreme sacrifice...But still Abstain from blood were directed in the new testament.

(Acts 15:28-29) 28

For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!. . .

You were correct we sinned always in every hour in every minute but the bible explained what we can do....

(Romans 10:2-4) 2 For I bear them witness that they have a zeal for God; but not according to accurate knowledge; 3 for, because of not knowing the righteousness of God but seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God. 4 For Christ is the end of the Law, so that everyone exercising faith may have righteousness.

(Matthew 26:41) Keep on the watch and pray continually, that YOU may not enter into temptation. The spirit, of course, is eager, but the flesh is weak.". .

(Romans 7:21-8:4) 21

I find, then, this law in my case: that when I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me. 22 I really delight in the law of God according to the man I am within, 23 but I behold in my members another law warring against the law of my mind and leading me captive to sin’s law that is in my members. 24 Miserable man that I am! Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death? 25 Thanks to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So, then, with [my] mind I myself am a slave to God’s law, but with [my] flesh to sin’s law. 8 Therefore those in union with Christ Jesus have no condemnation. 2 For the law of that spirit which gives life in union with Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. 3 For, there being an incapability on the part of the Law, while it was weak through the flesh, God, by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and concerning sin, condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us who walk, not in accord with the flesh, but in accord with the spirit.

(Romans 3:23-24) 23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and it is as a free gift that they are being declared righteous by his undeserved kindness through the release by the ransom [paid] by Christ Jesus.

In my case, again we abstain from eating meat that was not bled, we also eat pork (check Ozonating pork) the least and for chicken we cook it without skin...Check it out in Hulda Clarke's "Cure for all Disease"

Just remember from whatever race or nations you belong:

(Luke 10:25-28) 25

Now, look! a certain man versed in the Law rose up, to test him out, and said: "Teacher, by doing what shall I inherit everlasting life?" 26 He said to him: "What is written in the Law? How do you read?" 27 In answer he said: "‘You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart and with your whole soul and with your whole strength and with your whole mind,’ and, ‘your neighbor as yourself.’" 28 He said to him: "You answered correctly; ‘keep on doing this and you will get life.’"

(Psalm 111:10) The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom. All those doing them have a good insight. His praise is standing forever.

Thanks,

• rootcause
    rootcause

jgnat, "Also, if a pagan who followed none of God's commands except abstaining from blood transfusions, would his eternal life be spared because he followed this one command?" Just remember, we were not to judge or select who is r ighteous and who is not. It is only our God Jehovah who can choose who's who?

Mankind’s hope for deliverance from sin and death depended on the coming of the promised "seed," God’s only-begotten Son. (John 3:16) Before Christ’s sacrificial death, there was no way for men to obtain "acquittal and life," or "a declaring of them righteous for life." (Romans 5:18, Revised Standard Version; New World Translation) Nevertheless, even before Christ paid the ransom for man’s deliverance, some men and women put faith in God’s promise and backed up that faith by works. Because of this, Jehovah kindly pardoned their sin and accepted them as his servants. He lovingly accounted them relatively guiltless, when compared to the majority of mankind alienated from God. (Psalm 32:1, 2; Ephesians 2:12) He gave them a righteous standing, declaring them righteous to the extent that was appropriate at the time.

Thus, by faith Abel "had witness borne to him that he was righteous." (Hebrews 11:4) Noah "became an heir of the righteousness that is according to faith." (Hebrews 11:7) In spite of his failings, Job was said to be "blameless and upright." (Job 1:1, 22; 7:21) Phinehas showed zeal for pure worship, "and it came to be counted to him as righteousness." (Psalm 106:30, 31; Numbers 25:1-13) "By faith" and by her works of kindness toward God’s people, the non-Israelite harlot Rahab received a righteous standing, or was declared righteous.—Hebrews 11:31; James 2:25.

the best we can do now is to find the one true faith and belief in which Abraham, Enoch, Jacob.....and specially Jesus belongs to...

How can a person know which religion is right?

(1) On what are its teachings based? Are they from God, or are they largely from men? (2 Tim. 3:16; Mark 7:7) Ask, for example: Where does the Bible teach that God is a Trinity? Where does it say that the human soul is immortal?

(2)

Consider whether it is making known the name of God. Jesus said in prayer to God: "I have made your name manifest to the men you gave me out of the world." (John 17:6) He declared: "It is Jehovah your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service." (Matt. 4:10) Has your religion taught you that ‘it is Jehovah you must worship’? Have you come to know the Person identified by that name—his purposes, his activities, his qualities—so that you feel you can confidently draw close to him?

(3)

Is true faith in Jesus Christ being demonstrated? This involves appreciation of the value of the sacrifice of Jesus’ human life and of his position today as heavenly King. (John 3:36; Ps. 2:6-8) Such appreciation is shown by obeying Jesus—sharing personally and zealously in the work that he assigned to his followers. True religion has such faith that is accompanied by works.—Jas. 2:26.

(4)

Is it largely ritualistic, a formality, or is it a way of life? God strongly disapproves of religion that is merely a formalism. (Isa. 1:15-17) True religion upholds the Bible’s standard of morality and clean speech instead of weakly going along with popular trends. (1 Cor. 5:9-13; Eph. 5:3-5) Its members reflect the fruits of God’s spirit in their lives. (Gal. 5:22, 23) So, those who adhere to true worship can be identified because they sincerely endeavor to apply Bible standards in their lives not only at their places of meeting but in their family life, at their secular work, in school, and in recreation.

(5)

Do its members truly love one another? Jesus said: "By this all will know that you are my disciples, if you have love among yourselves." (John 13:35) Such love reaches across racial, social, and national boundaries, drawing people together in genuine brotherhood. So strong is this love that it sets them apart as being truly different. When the nations go to war, who have enough love for their Christian brothers in other lands that they refuse to take up arms and kill them? That is what early Christians did.

(6)

Is it truly separate from the world? Jesus said that his true followers would be "no part of the world." (John 15:19) To worship God in a manner that he approves requires that we keep ourselves "without spot from the world." (Jas. 1:27) Can that be said of those whose clergy and other members are involved in politics, or whose lives are largely built around materialistic and fleshly desires?—1 John 2:15-17.

(7)

Are its members active witnesses concerning God’s Kingdom? Jesus foretold: "This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." (Matt. 24:14) What religion is really proclaiming God’s Kingdom as the hope of mankind instead of encouraging people to look to human rulership to solve their problems? Has your religion equipped you to share in this activity, and to do it from house to house as Jesus taught his apostles to do?—Matt. 10:7, 11-13; Acts 5:42; 20:20.

Just remember even if you found the true Faith and Belief :

(Psalm 111:10) 10

The fear of Jehovah is the beginning of wisdom.. . .
  • jgnat
    jgnat

Great. Another cut-and--paste king who thinks I don't read the bible. At least I have uncovered your real reason for posting on the blood thread is religious in nature, not scientific inquiry.

• Abstaining from blood is a religious decision, not a bible-based one. Different religions interpret these scriptures differently than you - including the Jews - and believe they are following all of God's commands accurately.
    • I take it from your answer that you admit that you have personally broken some of God's commands, but his grace covers your error. You also extend that same grace to others, as you cannot judge their heart condition.
    • From your answers I conclude that breaking some bible commands does not permanently separate us from God. One would have to walk away from His love and care deliberately.
    • I maintain that abstaining from blood is one of those "commands" that can be interpreted liberally. And in fact, giving away your life casually for such a command goes against God's commands to show reverence for the life He has created.
    • By the way, the bled meat you eat is from an animal whose throat was cut - instant death. The same fate awaits any human who refuses a cancer-ridden-sloppily-matched-risky-blood-transfusion if they face a traumatic loss of blood.
  • OldSoul
    OldSoul

Some of my relatives would go so far as to snort bloody noses so they could spit out their blood. It is cool, in a way, that they were so sensitive to not displeasing God. But on a deeper level, it is really tragic that they feared eternal condemnation for a bloody nose.

I think jgnat is correct on the command having to do primarily with demonstrating a deep respect for life, not for the blood itself which is clearly stated to symbolically represent the life. Further, it is an IMPOSSIBILITY to completely drain meat. If JWs really understood the implication of their dogma, as stated, they would all have to be vegans.

If I was in a wreck tomorrow, the EMTs wouldn't even know that I was a Witness. Acts 15 didn't say a word about carrying around a card in case of an accident.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• rootcause
    rootcause

hello jgnat,

You are correct, all the blood can't be drained molecularly...mmmmmm? but If Jehovah God really did not refer from abstaining on use of blood, may I asked you then why God instructed to circumcise a new born male on the eight day after birth?

(Leviticus 12:3) 3

And on the eighth day the flesh of his foreskin will be circumcised.

What is really taking place after the sellers cuts the throat of an animal? lets see, the animal starts to shake relenlessly and bleed out to death until it stop moving. what made the animals do it? whereas it can just die without moving?

Also, if God really not particular with Blood then, Daniel and the other Hebrews during their Babylonian captivity what they've done in abstaining from blood was just a pure plain foolishness?

Or are this commanments of Jehovah God , He use in separating the obedient true witness from all Adam and Eve in the world?

(Revelation 7:9) After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands.

jgnat, have you asked yourself who are you and why are you existing? how do I know I am who I am and not any other people?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . are you the one?

Thanks,

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

i have posted an article on blood at http://www.jwfacts.com/index_files/blooddoctrine.htm.
    What is intersting is to understand that the blood decree does not apply in our day, something Russell understood, as do most Christians.
    What is also important to realise is that 100% of blood can now be transfused by a Jehovahs Witness, provided it is broken down into components. This shows the absolute hypocrisy of the WTS. If respect for blood required it to be poured out on to the ground how does the WTS justify a JW transfusing a blood component that has been donated and put through a mechanical extraction process.
    A JW will not give blood, but will freely use blood derived components and vacinations, basically scabbing off society.
    Until I did the research I felt blood could indicate the JW's did have truth, I now see that it shows the true evil of a bloodguilty organisation.

• OldSoul
    OldSoul

Welcome, rootcause!

I don't remember whether I welcomed you yet. As you can probably guess, we feel free to challenge each others dogma in here. Please understand, I am not disagreeing out of mean-spiritedness, I just don't think there is reasonable basis for your conclusions.

Circumcision was performed on the eighth day because that is when the Mosaic Law said it should be performed. That answer is based on Scripture. Did you have a different reason? Is your reason based on Scripture?

You wrote:

What is really taking place after the sellers cuts the throat of an animal? lets see, the animal starts to shake relenlessly and bleed out to death until it stop moving. what made the animals do it? whereas it can just die without moving?

The brain retains more blood when the animal is in this position making the nervous system, if unsevered, stay intact. This results in spasmodic movement of the muscles (twitching) for a longer period of time and the net effect of the gravity and spasming is that more of the blood is squeezed out of the muscles/veins/capillaries and spilt onto the ground. This was a practice not unique to the Israelites in that region at the time. What point were you trying to make?

Also, if God really not particular with Blood then, Daniel and the other Hebrews during ;their Babylonian captivity what they've done in abstaining from blood was just a pure plain foolishness?

Again, a dietary -- not a medical -- proscription. I fail to see how this adds any shred of weight to your argument.

I await your considered reply.

Respectfully,
    OldSoul

• jgnat
    jgnat

how do I know I am who I am and not any other people?. . . . . . . .

If I understand you right, rootcause, you consider abstaining from blood to be the great separating mark of Jehovah's people to show who is obedient and who is not. This belief is based on faith, not on the bible and not on science. You are free to think that abstaining from a life-giving treatment is noble, I call it stupid.

John 13:35 By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."

Consider also what this scripture means:

John 6:53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

jgnat, have you asked yourself who are you and why are you existing?

Yes.

• rootcause
    rootcause

hello OldSoul,

with regards to circumcision its not only the scripture but also science proven the fact:

Jehovah did not explain, nor was it necessary that he do so. His ways are always right; his reasons, the best. (2Sa 22:31) However, in recent years man has learned some of the physical reasons why the eighth day was a good time to circumcise. Normal amounts of the blood-clotting element called vitamin K are not found in the blood until the fifth to the seventh day after birth. Another clotting factor known as prothrombin is present in amounts only about 30 percent of normal on the third day but on the eighth day is higher than at any other time in the child’s life—as much as 110 percent of normal. So, following Jehovah’s instructions would help to avoid the danger of hemorrhage. As Dr. S. I. McMillen observes: "From a consideration of vitamin K and prothrombin determinations the perfect day to perform a circumcision is the eighth day . . . [the] day picked by the Creator of vitamin K."—None of These Diseases, 1986, p. 21.

just imagine if babies were already equiped with such blood clotting factor during birth, what will happen?

Actually I am having a hard time explaining what I knew and found...Hope you will take time understanding that I am a none native english speaker as well. But here goes.

haven't we see the connections during Adam, Moses, Daniel and other Biblical history? Its all about love and authority...In a father and son or parents and offsprings, will the parents not prevent a child from doing a dangerous things? but also parents made a balance in which they too wants their child to grow and love them naturally and not forcefully. How can we do that? is'nt one way is to show them your authority as parents then let them freely respond to it, thereby showing you in return the respect and love you want to see from them?

(Romans 5:19) For just as through the disobedience of the one man many were constituted sinners, likewise also through the obedience of the one [person] many will be constituted righteous.

Or another, in courting a Lady that you want to get married with, which is the most rewarding and completes the voids of their hearts ; forced a lady to love you? Or, the lady loves you naturally? its same for the ladies, which is the most loveliest thing that can happen to them; Love a man forced? or naturally loves a man they've chosen?

(Genesis 2:15-17) 15

And Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden of E´den to cultivate it and to take care of it. 16 And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: "From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die. . .

Another, good example was our current human society eating habits, did God told us to eat inorganic and artificially prepared foods? now compare the disease stats in the net with rise of artificial and inorganic foods...

lastly, God even if how many times we disobeyed him he still wants us to live. that's why he give provision :

(John 3:16) "For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

Thanks and have a great weekends. . . . .

• jgnat
    jgnat

I see you are still mixing science up with faith. Here's another interesting article regarding circumcision.

http://www.cirp.org/library/general/baker1/

Since you admitted that you don't need science to bolster your faith, don't pretend that science backs you up. There are just as many articles against.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit