Hot News-New GB members

by truthsetsonefree 104 Replies latest jw friends

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I am, or probably should say was a friend of Geoff Jackson. I studied with his Father-in-Law when i was a teenager. He is from Tasmania, a little island at the bottom of Australia. He is about 50 and claimed to be annointed when I think he was in his late 30's in around 1990, as a great shock to everyone. There was a lot of discussion about his annointing, but he was a special pioneer so people decided it must have been legititmate.

He has spent years as a special pioneer in the Pacific Islands. Special pioneered on Tuvalu, wrote the first Tuvaluan dictionary, was a personal friend of the King of Tuvalu. He went on to be on the Fijian Branch committee.

He has a great sense of humour, and is very intelligent. I would like to see what he does to the GB. His wife is very sweet, one of the gentlest people I have ever known.

I really see the religion changing over the next 20 years. There will be a lot of softening of doctrine and eventually the religion will become more mainstream. The latest release 'what does the bible really teach' is written in a very broad and soft way, and with newbies like Geoff on the GB there is the opportunity for some of the ridiculous stances to be changed. Geoff is smart enough to see that there is no growth in developed countries and that something needs to be done about it.

• Pole
    Pole

::He has spent years as a special pioneer in the Pacific Islands. Special pioneered on Tuvalu, wrote the first Tuvaluan dictionary, was a personal friend of the King of Tuvalu.
    Off-topic, but still a funny fact: "In 2000, Tuvalu negotiated a contract leasing its Internet domain name ".tv" for $50 million in royalties over the next dozen years."
    jwfacts,
    ::I really see the religion changing over the next 20 years. There will be a lot of softening of doctrine and eventually the religion will become more mainstream. The latest release 'what does the bible really teach' is written in a very broad and soft way, and with newbies like Geoff on the GB there is the opportunity for some of the ridiculous stances to be changed.
    Do you think he'd be able to publically admit the WT mistakes which cost some people their lives?
    Pole

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I dont think many people that have spent their lives devoted to the organisation can even admit to themselves there is something wrong. I doubt he will admit to any wrongdoing. But it may be possible to justify minor changes going forward.

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I find it interesting that this poster drops this "bombshell" and doesn't respond.

I was told the people at the communes Patterson/Bethel/etc. sites do not have regular access to the internet, let alone lots of privacy to visit JWD.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    We can only conclude that many of the "anointed" keep 'falling away'.

You gotta wonder what kind of trouble all those 95-year-olds are getting into anyway. Instead of focusing on problems with the youth, maybe the Awake should start a column called, "Old People Ask..."?

• metatron
    metatron

What book are reading, jwfacts?

The new "Really" book is a disaster for anyone who hopes for moderation and reform. It underlines and re-emphasizes

doctrines that were soft-pedaled in the past. The "Worship" dropped the blood issue completely, now it's back full force,

with a picture of a blood bag hanging in the air.

Christmas and holidays are re-emphasized after being given scant attention in the "Knowledge" book.

The "stake" is back , complete with an illustration of Jesus on it - after they skipped over the "cross" topic in the Ministry School.

NO COLLEGE is back - and re-emphasized in the recent convention this summer.

You've got a full "counter- refromation" going on, without the reformation really taking place.

metatron

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    He went on to be on the Fijian Branch committee

Now that's not something to be proud of! - more like infamy!!

• toreador
    toreador

I believe it said on another forum than they are in fact annointed Sword.

• TheListener
    TheListener

I agree with Metatron.

Things have been heating up for the last while now. The pressure has been turned one and the friends (at least the ones I know) aren't really responding.

Whether the society emphasizes the blood issue, cross, holidays, etc only matters to the newly interested ones. Baptized witnesses know the appropriate stance to take on such matters whether it's ever in print or not from here on out. It's the desire to gain new converts that the knowledge book was soft on some of the main issues. It's also the same reason that DF'ing isn't discussed in the Really book. Frankly I'm surprised the blood, etc issue are discussed so strongly in the Really book.

At the convention they talked about having a study go through the book but didn't directly say it was going to replace the knowledge book as the first study book officially. If it does replace the knowledge book as the first official study book for new ones I'm surprised that they didn't sugar coat some of our (their) dificult to understand doctrines. I don't expect to see the % increase go up much with this new book.

Also, I so badly want to see a book written by the former secretary of the GB that left around the time Franz did. He would have some awesome insights. - He hasn't written one already has he??

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Good news!!!

New blood! Fresh air! Perhaps more changes will come about the WBTS some time soon!

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit