Hot News-New GB members

by truthsetsonefree 104 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Thanks Richie, Brenda, and Truthseeker. I now understand the significance of the "20th century" comment.

Forgive me, but I don't get it...please somebody spell it out....what is so wacky about the Nephim article? I mean, what makes it more wacky than usual? Is it possible I've been deprogrammed too long to understand the literature any more? :)

Geoffrey Jackson is an Australian
    Things will never be the same again!
    Vegemite sandwiches will now be served for breakfast daily at the Brooklyn HQ.
  • AlanF
    AlanF

The dishonest writer of the infamous 1/1/89 WT article, and the misleading ones on blood, was Gene Smalley. He's one of the GB helpers now. A reward, I suppose, for his willingness to lie for his employer.

AlanF

• Ticker
    Ticker

Thanks Allen for clarifying who the writer is.

Also do we actually have solid proof that these two have been apointed, and if we do can someone post a link to the material on the web.

Ticker

• Black Man
    Black Man

ahhhh, Gene Smalley. Yes, I recall that self-righteous prick very well. He was the head librarian of the Writing Dept. when I was at the house and had a smug, albeit sheltered way about himself.

As for the 'Nethinim', it was my understanding that they include members of both the anointed and other-sheep who assist the FDS/GB with various matters. The anointed from that group often being looked at first as replacements to GB members who die off.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    He's one of the GB helpers now.

GB helpers? Is that the same as Satan's Santa's Little Helpers?

• sir82
    sir82

I would really like to get verification of this--if true, I think it would be the most stunning development in JW-land since the infamous 1995 "generation change" WT.

Every ounce of authority the Society possesses is tied to Matt. 24:45-47. Since the days of Rutherford, the "Faithful & Discreet Slave" has always been defined as the "remnant of anointed ones" left on earth. Gradually, as time went on, the idea of such a "slave" generating "spiritual food" was transferred onto the Governing Body, as "spirit-anointed" representatives of that larger "spirit-anointed" group.

If, now, there are "non-anointed" on the Governing Body, how is that body a representative of all other "spirit-anointed" ones? Since an "other sheep" is not "spirit-anointed", how can he be helping in the oversight of "the master's belongings"?

I expected that, out of necessity, at some point in the future, perhaps 5-20 years out, there would have been a series of WT articles giving (in the usual convoluted, murky style) "proof" that the Governing Body didn't necessarily all have to be "anointed"--sort of preparing the flock for big changes ahead.

But to just abruptly thrust this major change upon the unprepared congregations is quite surprising--which is why I take this report with a grain of salt until verified.

I hope it is true--it would be one more area in which wavering JWs would perhaps have the light bulb go on.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Can i still jeer them go up you baldheads?

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

So as there are still 'Annointed' at large in the Community, why are the GB appointing Nephilim Nethenim?

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

Curiouser and curiouser

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

Hey, SOJ, good to hear from you! Hope you're feeling well.

I seem to remember that about 10 years ago they appointed a non-anointed guy to the GB on the grounds that they were running out of anointed guys who had all their marbles and didn't pee in their pants, so I don't think this is a new thing. However, it might mean that a couple more of the anointed ones have passed to the nursing home facility.

I wonder how long it will take in the next 20 or so years for the GB to announce that they've had "new light" and the "given ones" are now going to heaven too?

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit