A Customer really pissed me off yesterday at work: SHE WANTS TO PRAY for me

by Terry 116 Replies latest jw experiences

• Satanus
    Satanus

She was good, really good. We all get blind sided now and then. The only way to not get taken is to have no feelings at all, or to be a mind reader. The bitch.

S

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

That would have ticked me off to. Sometimes it is so hard not to get into religious discussions with people like this. I had a religious friend tell me that I would be so much better of a person if I would only accept Jesus in my heart.

Will

• mouthy
    mouthy

Am I over-reacting?

Yep!!!! I think you over reacted!!!! My 2 cents. We live in a FREE world.If you dont want to believe DONT!!!! if she wants to pray for you What is the skin off YOUr nose ?

I might have said" been there done that" lady!!!

Oh but then you havent have you,? As a JW when did you ever pray for some one to know Jesus? You may have prayed for them -Just to come into the truth ( lie)

You asked I had to respond... But if you dont want me to mention you tonight >>> I probably wont- I have so many I am asked to do that for, & since only the prayers of the rightous are answered -I doubt weather they will listen ----so if I ever hear you have accepted Christ in your heart -I will be ticked... She must have been a rightous woman...I aint!!!!. ( Only kidding sweetie!!!!:)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Terry, you handled this very well. Even though we view spirituality from different views, this woman would have pissed me off too. Its so rare that I run into a christian that I actually would trust to not have a hidden agenda of converting me, judging me, or condemning me. Because of people like this I view most of them with extreme suspicion. There are only one or two I would let me guard down around, LT for one. I'm afraid if I had waited on this woman I probably would have been fired. The older I get the more sensitive my bullshit tolerance gets.

Sherry

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Christians really creep me out.

GBL

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Christians really creep me out.

Is it possible that the Christians you've encountered aren't a good scale to make a fair judgement? The only lesbian women I've personally met are pushy, butchy, and don't shave their pits or wear deodorant under their patchouli oil. Is it fair for me to say that "Lesbians really creep me out"? So much for learning to get out of sweeping judgemental comments.

• Odrade
    Odrade

Andi, that was rude and uncalled for.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    Andi, that was rude and uncalled for.

Odrade,

You missed my point. I was saying that it was ridiculous for me to make that type of judgement. I KNOW lesbians are not all like that. Sheesh. *major eye roll*

Andi

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:So much for learning to get out of sweeping judgemental comments.

I've met tons of Christians. From what I've seen they either are extremely dogmatic like the one Terry just encountered, or they just secretly believe I'm going to hell. Or they have some wishy washy watered down view of the Bible that somehow makes everything all right. Either way, I find it creepy. I'm not saying they're all creeps, just that I personally find the entire belief structure creepy. I shoulda said Christianity creeps me out. No offence intended.

GBL

• trevor
    trevor
    I then arrogantly recited it in Greek to her for effect!

But what were you really saying to the crazy old bat?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit