A Customer really pissed me off yesterday at work: SHE WANTS TO PRAY for me

by Terry 116 Replies latest jw experiences

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Andi, I think we're hijacking this thread, maybe its a topic for a new one?

Sherry

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Thanks Gretchen for the reminder. You're right.

Carry on people.

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

..or you could look for the good in this situation. Every one of us is an individual who are creeped out by some thing or even dare I say it some group of people (me I just can't stand raw egg drinkers - I mean how freaky is drinking egg bogeys?!!). I think its OK for GBL to be creeped by christians, Terry to hate preacher teachers and Andi to dislike gorilla pit lesbians but surely rather than all(ok some of you) congratulating Terry on 'handling' a situation (as though somehow there was a situation to be dealt with) we should maybe just accept that this women actually had T.s best interests at heart - isn't that the issue? I know there is a lot of emotional crotch scratching (what the heck does that mean?) over years spent in a belief system that doesn't fit with the majority of this board's beliefs anymore but IMHO its not worth letting them play out again in the form of collective defense against someone who still thinks God is pretty cool.

Now Terry just for the record ('cos I wouldn't want John 1.1 quoted in greek to me ) I think you handled that situation pretty good as well (yay now I'm a hypocrite) but true humilty (as you did discuss) would maybe have listened and took in what was said and then either rejected or accepted it after she left. Wouldn't it have been cool to show her an example of blisteringly good manners and actually try and build her up , validate her as a person, even though you disagree - ie look at the human not the garbage spouting forth. I would be cheering for you from the sidelines had you followed up your internal pain/rejection/anger (you put words on it - you know how you felt) with a recognition of her worth and your respect for her and with the idea you sent her on the way with a smile and hopefully an armload of books. I bet you'd have felt shed loads better as well.

Qcmbr rides off again into the distance singing 'I'm a twit'

PS If you drink raw eggs stay the heck away from me you nutjob

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

LOL@QCMBR

Egg drinkers are nut jobs! (j/k!)

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:If you drink raw eggs stay the heck away from me you nutjob

See, I DO eat raw eggs. Now we're all creepy.

GBL

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Terry:

Company policy is to NOT engage in discussions with the customers; ESPECIALLY on subjects that are controversial.

Maybe now you understand why they have that policy?

GBL:
    I think Andi had every right to take umbrage. When you make statements like that you single-handedly attack every Christian on this board. How many of us do you know?

Most of us have thick skins, but the lack of equity stinks, to be frank.

• out of the box
    out of the box

Terry,

That is why politics and religion are not good PUBLIC topics! People get emotional and irrational about their beliefs.

Lesson learned: There is no exception, especially at WORK or in public! Your old JW training came into play in trying to use 'words' to battle words both sides from research and books. What is in your heart should come out calmly. That woman had no love in her heart, just a fight or battle to win. No point going down that road! By the way, I am not going to pray for you! No need...

out of the box

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

trevor,

Christians do condemn those who will not sign up. The correct word is piety

This is exactly what I'm talking about. What Christians are condemning? Who? The Christians you've met? All Christians? I don't think so. If that's your only experience, then you need to expand your horizons. How about you meet me, Little Toe, and Mouthy out on the front porch of our next Apostofest for a cold beer? I'd like to think that we can change your viewpoint about ALL Christians being condemning. I promise we won't try to convert you.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm getting a bit pissed off, to be honest.

I don't even talk god-stuff at Fests, far less preach to people in my everyday life, or on this board.

WTF is this business about condemning people? I simply don't do that.

• undercover
    undercover
    Christians do condemn those who will not sign up.

What if you replaced the word "Christians" with "Jehovah's Witnesses"...would that be an accurate statement or would that be over-generalizing?

My point being, as ex-JWs, we see the entity of Jehovah's Witnesses as something bad. Some people see the entitiy of Christianity as a bad thing. Some see religion as a bad thing. So is it possible to speak of the entity of something and condemn it and its doctrine but yet not condemn those that follow it?

I've noticed that many people lump all JWs into their hatred of the WTS. I've always felt that that was a little unfair to the unsuspecting JW who was just trying to serve God. The same can be applied to any other religion. We might hate Catholicism(sp) but would that give us reason to put down individual Catholics?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit