My thoughts on men who Body Build

by kls 127 Replies latest jw experiences

• kls
    kls

Abaddon, if you will read what i said ,i stated that my son's were not the aggresser but intervened and got hit ,and i would rather they walked away then get involved. My sons are on a healthy diet at all times and are not by any means aggressive , my son's will stop in the middle of a road to pickup a turtle . Yes they take pride in the way they look but also remember they have to have commitment and they work very hard to get where they are . This may really bother you but i have also started to weight train and who knows how far i will take it.

As for aggression; doesn't it strike you as odd that a non-contact sport that involves looking in a mirror and posing on a stage has a reputation for violence and aggression out of competiton amongst its practisioners, more so than contact sports where the players are required to make hard physical contact with other players by the very rules? Abaddon

Abaddon asserts that bodybuilders have a reputation for violence, yet provides nothing to support this false allegation other than:

The dozen or so people, from co-workers or regulars at workplaces to people I studied with, who have been body builders (at least two competed), have all fitted the mould I describe - apart from the sole female body builder I've been acquainted with who was nice and worked in a bank. Abaddon

So, a sample size of a "dozen or so people" is deemed by Abaddon to constitute a sufficient sample size to generalize about a population of individuals that numbers in the millions. That's analogous to the white man who concludes that all blacks are criminals because he was mugged by a small group of black men. It's the same reasoning, so shamelessly employed by Abaddon.

As has been pretty obvious from the examples I gave ('muscle-bound' is described negatively, 'lean, with hard compact muscles' described favourably) I have been and am still refering to people who can no longer shop in normal shops, people who stand out of a crowd like sore thumbs, not someone who goes to the gym twice, three times, a week and looks after themselves. I'm talking about people who self describe as body-builders before anything else (not that you need to ask them). If you look up "body-building" you'll see examples of what I refer to, not examples of normal gym users. Abaddon

Instead of the apology that is obviously warranted here, we get a "flip flop" in the form of qualification of his previous statements. It doesn't fly. I live in California, and there is no shortage of bodybuilders here. I know plenty of folks who fit Abaddon's above-quoted physical description and are great people, professionals with families who have normal egos and lives. It just so happens that bodybuilding is their chosen pastime. Too bad they don't have presiding overseer Abaddon's approval for their lifestyles. I guess they can expect to be destroyed at Armageddon.

The real reason behind Abaddon's hatred of bodybuilders can be gleaned from this candid shot of Abaddon competing in a bodybuilding event:

• kls
    kls

This is what 144001 really looks like ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Go get'em tiger

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

you guys asked for it.........

alt

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Baked Chicken.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Baked Chicken.

yeah, I go to the beach alot... I just wear a hat you know?

• kls
    kls

You two are a couple of nuts ,,,LOL

Flex them muscles Richie

FHN, i like Broasted chicken myself

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Richie, your make up foundation is supposed to match your body and neck, dude.

Hey, what happened to Richie's picture?

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

??? Its still there...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit