My thoughts on men who Body Build

by kls 127 Replies latest jw experiences

• kls
    kls

My two son's are body builders and i am wonering if they think they can take on the world . Last year my son was in a bar fight and got sucker punched in the eye which required 5 stiches ,now my 21 year old comes home with a huge black eye, the biggest i have ever seen trying to break up a fight.

Now both these people that got a good shot at my kids where men much smaller in stature and size and seemed to land good punches. I tell my boys i want no fighting and to walk away and call the police but no, they have to get involved and i think because they Bodybuilders who can take on the world. My son's are not huge but they are big and my oldest son is 6 ft 3" tall.

Anyone else BodyBuild,am i wrong on my thinking ?

• Satanus
    Satanus

They are overconfident. They should learn street fighting, as in kickboxing. It wouldn't get them into more fights, but other people would be having black the eyes.

S

• prophecor
    prophecor

am i wrong on my thinking ?

No

Ecclesiastes 9:11

...the swift do not have the race, nor the mighty ones the battle........because time and unforseen ( left hooks ) occurence befall them all.

• kls
    kls
    They are overconfident.

Satanus, i think you hit it right on the head and i am afraid one day they won't walk away. There were never like this till they started BodyBuilding years ago and the bigger they got they must have also been growing egos. They both know Ty Kwon DO ,but never use it to their advantage ,just fists.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

My brother lifts, too. He got in a fight with someone who I thought was weak. Well, my brother came home with the nasty looking fat lip. He's overconfident. I can't speak on anyone else, though. His head is inflated.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Confidence is a poor substitute for technique!

Better yet, find a good MMA (mixed martial arts studio) that combine grappling, kicking, striking and wrestling. Since 90 percent of fights take to the ground they will be able to protect themselves when theirs noone around to break the fight up.

M'

• logansrun
    logansrun

I don't see any necessary connection between bodybuilding and getting into physical confrontations at all. It sounds like a lack of emotional discipline. If they bodybuild so as to appear "macho" that is different than getting into fights to appear "macho." You can do one without the other.

B.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Or better yet, bodybuild and give up the silly idea of being "macho."

B.

• kls
    kls
    I can't speak on anyone else, though. His head is inflated.

Lonelysheep ,thats what i am thinking ,their egos are getting the best of them. I wonder how big they will feel when someone pulls out a knife.

• kls
    kls

Or better yet, bodybuild and give up the silly idea of being "macho."

B.

Logan , i actually agree .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit