My thoughts on men who Body Build

by kls 127 Replies latest jw experiences

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I love working out and I don't get into fights at all. Most of my friends who train are really easy going people too. It's not really fair to imply that bodybuilders have aggression issues IMO.

GBL

• kls
    kls
    It's not really fair to imply that bodybuilders have aggression issues

GBL , actually i was not meaning all BodyBuilders but if some BodyBuilders have this ,i guess ego problem.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I know what you mean kls about the whole macho deal. Some dudes are like that I guess, kinda insecure.

GBL

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Nerf muscles.. I knew a lot of body builders who just were not tough...thought they were, but always came up short in a brawl... your boys will find out that what makes a guy tough in a fight is "mental"...You have to be willing to take a shot. And give one.

They will also find along the way that "pretty" isnt always strong...some of the strongest guys they will ever meet are guys who work with there hands..construction guys, farmers, cowboys etc.. and those guys have the mentality to "end" trouble when it starts.

~Hill

• kls
    kls

Excellent Hill and i am going to have them read your quote and maybe knock them down a bit with your thoughts.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Nerf muscles.. I knew a lot of body builders who just were not tough...thought they were, but always came up short in a brawl... your boys will find out that what makes a guy tough in a fight is "mental"...You have to be willing to take a shot. And give one.

They will also find along the way that "pretty" isnt always strong...some of the strongest guys they will ever meet are guys who work with there hands..construction guys, farmers, cowboys etc.. and those guys have the mentality to "end" trouble when it starts.

So true. My motto is hit first ask questions later.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    I love working out....

And we love that you love it, GBL!

It is an ego thing, imo. There's really no need for it either.

• kls
    kls
    So true. My motto is hit first ask questions later.

Hee hee , Mecur , got any good jokes?

• luna2
    luna2

kls, just a thought on young men....some (like my son and possibly your's) have to find things out the hard way. It doesn't seem as though anything I ever said made much of a dent. My son doesn't fight (that I'm aware of), but he does other things that are unproductive. Seems like he's always shooting himself in the foot one way or another. I've noticed that he isn't repeating some mistakes finally, so I am hopeful that he will eventually attain maturity.

Good luck with talking to your boys...I hope they listen. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya.

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

As one who's been in a number of fights, though mostly when I was in my school with some here and there since, I can say from experience that I've made some larger people look weak, but a lot of that has to do with me getting my butt kicked enough times initially in earlier fights and being able to handle taking a hit and being in a fight without spacing out. Sometimes the bigger people I've fought had a tough image just because they were big but weren't able to live up to the tough image when they picked on the wrong guy, and a lot of the bigger guys I've known who started fights did so with a group of friends around to help make their prey just sit there and take whatever they dished out.

hopefully your sons aren't lame like that. One thing in favor of your sons' sizes is that if they learn how to fight well, people like me hate fighting big guys that know what they're doing in a fight. When you combine size with speed and knowledge, it can get pretty scary~!

It's never a good idea to get into a lot of fights even if you are tough; guns, knives, multiple attackers, etc. can always find their way into a fight scenario.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit