My thoughts on men who Body Build

by kls 127 Replies latest jw experiences

• kls
    kls

Amen Luna and thanks for crossing your fingers , i may need it if this crap keeps up.

The Leo One , that is what has me worried ,they know Martial Arts but use their fists and yes a weapon is no match for musle , ecpecially when i am wondering if the musles are growing in their brains.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I lift weights. My "body building" is done at the dinner table though... lol.

I think that some (me) lift weights to increase strength and stamina. I purposefully avoid routines that are designed only for muscle building. Those who solely work out to build muscle mass want to look that way for a reason. They are scared, or trying to compensate for something.

Honestly, some of the worlds best fighters don't look that muscular at all. Big muscles can impair you.

And like Hill said, strength comes from work. Real work requires combintions of manuevers and things. A gym only focus on one thing or group at a time.

• rocketman
    rocketman

I've worked out since I was a teenager, but I've had too many injuries (two hernias, numerous nagging sore spots) and am limited by an average frame to really grow huge muscles and the possible huge ego that can, but doesn't necessarily have to, come with them. Without knowing your boys personally kls, I obviously can't tell what they're really thinking. It's possible that their size and interest in bodybuilding caused them to feel overconfident. Guys are a funny lot - sometimes, we've got too much ego and testosterone for our own good. I've seen guys checking themselves out in a mirror and admiring their body, and lord knows what they're really thinking - maybe something like, 'hey, I can take on the world'. If that's the case, then the guy is working out for the wrong reasons.

Bodybuilding can be a great way to stay in shape (there's lots of methods and not all are designed to create a monster physique) and so I think it's a worthwhile pursuit - when accompanied by a proper sense of self.

• kls
    kls
    My "body building" is done at the dinner table though... lol.

Hee Hee Richie

I purposefully avoid routines that are designed only for muscle

This is their only purpose is the bigger the better ( in their minds anyway) Well in my mind bigger can be better

They maybe trying to compensate for something ,what it is ,i hope they find it before something bad happens.

• Golden Girl
    Golden Girl

I don't know too many men or women that body build that don't get into steroids!

My daughter was dating a body builder-personal trainer.

He is losing patches of hair on his head .

And his privates..he needs pill help to get it up .He is in his late 30's. She loves his body but can't stand the powder he puts on his head to hide the steroid bald spots.

Now he is having other difficulty with his private parts!...He is lazy..stingy..and can't hold down a job because of a so called back injury. Doesn't seem to stop him from lifting weights though..hummmm.

Sometimes you can go overboard with those things and forget whats really important.

Snoozy..who is not against fitness training..just being consumed with building freaky muscles at the point of breaking down your body.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

The flip side is that guys like your sons are a big reason the nice normal bodybuilders get messed around with at bars and stuff too. Some people think gym rats all wanna fight.

GBL

• joelbear
    joelbear

i don't mean any offense by this at all kls, but i would just

check to make sure they haven't been lured by steroids.

it increases aggressiveness in addition to help build bodies.

• kls
    kls
    Snoozy..who is not against fitness training..just consumed with building freaky muscles at the point of breaking down your body.

Snoozy , you are so right but one thing my son's won't use are steroids ( thank Gawd ) They stress to build muscle naturally ,with hard work and steroids are cheating and the health risks are not worth it.( I hope they mean it)

Rocketman, I do think they are becoming over confident and that is what makes me irrated . If they want to look the way they do fine ,but use the brain with the muscle ,not the muscle with no brain.

The flip side is that guys like your sons are a big reason the nice normal bodybuilders get messed around with at bars and stuff too. Some people think ;gym rats all wanna fight.
    GBL , My sons have said that they are challenged but to me it would make them bigger to walk away.
  • kls
    kls
    don't mean any offense by this at all kls, but i would just

check to make sure they haven't been lured by steroids.

it increases aggressiveness in addition to help build bodies.

JoelBear none offense taken , i know kids but i will tell you a secret, i am a snoop and i check all the stuff they take . Because they tell me they would never and i really do believe them but i am a mom

KLS,

Bodybuilding is not the cause of your sons' problems. They can be attributable to a number of variables, including, without limitation, the basic growing up from being a boy to becoming a man. Hopefully, these problems will soon pass before there is any lasting damage inflicted on your sons or someone else.

If they aren't already involved in something purposeful for their lives, such as going to college or learning a trade, and you are enabling them to continue in this path by supporting them, then I would suggest that you put your foot down and force the issue with them. They're at an age where if they're not doing something productive with their lives, they're likely to go in the reverse direction. If school isn't in the cards, there are plenty of well-paying trades that can be learned and money to be earned while learning.

If they are doing something productive, then hopefully this problem will pass, through a combination of learning the hard way by getting beat up and possibly facing minor criminal sanctions, as well as maturing and realizing that there are other objectives in life more worthy of their energy.

On a personal note, I've been there, and done that. For me, it did finally become a historical aspect of my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit