Do you believe in miracles?

by hibiscusfire 108 Replies latest jw friends

• upside/down
    upside/down
    What about the people who were supposed to have boarded the plane but didn't go?

Ok...be fair...that happens on EVERY flight!

And what about the people that DID get on?

Why do you always see "miracles" from the viewpoint of the beneficiary of the apparent random "blessing" that is an apparent "curse" to the rest of the unfortunate souls that didn't benefit from the "miracle"?

If it makes you FEEL that "God" loves you so much...that he protects you personally and causes "miracles" to happen to YOU...so be it. Now I know why religions will always have adherents.

Please see my previous examples of how rediculous and illogical this is.

u/d (of the there's NO real proof class)

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

Fairies are make believe just like LORD

FINALLY we are getting through to you. Keep it up Hib!

GBL

That is part of what I posted so don't twist it monkey man.

Hibie

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Appropos to nothing it just occured to me we have one of each now, Hibs representing the females, Brownboy the males, and JCanon the transgender. At least this forum is politically correct in its diversity.

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

BD:

Appropos to nothing it just occured to me we have one of each now, Hibs representing the females, Brownboy the males, and JCanon the transgender. At least this forum is politically correct in its diversity.

And who are these people?

HF

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Diehard believers Hib, like you, they really believe and put it out there and damn the torpedos. They don't care what anyone thinks of them, they say what they believe.

• upside/down
    upside/down

I say what I believe too...

I believe I'll have another Grey Goose martine with feta stuffed olives....dirty!

u/d(of the it's early...but it's Friday class)

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

So you are saying ABSOLUTELY NOTHING MIRACULOUS happened in your life?

• upside/down
    upside/down

Absolutely NOT...

Miraculous things have most definitely happened in my life...starting with the fact that I was the fastest sperm cell...miraculous!

However...as far as "God" directed "miracles"...I can point to none with definitive proof.

Trust me, a real "miracle" would be an easy sell... if they really were happening.

u/d(of the I'm not averse to it...if it's real class)

• hibiscusfire
    hibiscusfire

U/d:

Trust me, a real "miracle" would be an easy sell... if they really were happening.

Trust me they are happening right under your nose.

Are Miracles Real?

by Paul Pearsall, Ph.D.

A miracle happened in Maui. I died. I was near death three times. I came back. I wrote the first edition of this book more than ten years ago, just after Maui had breathed the sacred ha, the breath of life, back into my body. As a clinical psychologist and behavioral medicine researcher living on Maui, I had always sensed it was a magical and spiritual place, but I had toned down my sharing of my excitement so as to avoid mockery from my skeptical and often cynical colleagues. As miracles do, mine changed all that.

http://www.innerself.com/Behavior_Modification/miracles.htm

• upside/down
    upside/down
    mine changed all that.

Once again..."it happened to ME, so it must be real"...

What about all the people who go to Maui...and die...or get injured...

What about the Scientific Method?

Admit it... you LIKE and WANT to believe it...so it's so...

There is no "proof" other than what can easily be explained away... but that doesn't support your belief WANT, so it's conveniently expunged...and labeled a "miracle"...

I'm sure Bin Laden believes it a "miracle" that he was able to pull off the Twin Towers "job" and PROOF of Allah's "blessing" on His people....UGGGH!!!

If you can't do better than that... this thread is dead.

u/d( of the I'm an honest skeptic class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit